“Think the Free shuttle buses should be more frequent.”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #179 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2011

we had a lovely holiday as a family the only downside would be the Free shuttle buses, they weren't very frequent and never big enough for the amount of people who needed to use them ( Run them more often to and from the disney parks please!). The hotel itself was clean and tidy and all the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,191)

Reviewed 29 June 2011

Booked it through Bookit at price of $49/night plus taxes for 6 nights in June while going to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. Web site for motel was $35 more. Had 2 double bed room on ground floor facing Palm Parkway. Was cleaned every day and had a clean smell when we entered at night after long days at the parks. Ground floor did not have ice machine so had to go up to first floor to get ice. Check in quick, when signed release did not have price since it seems everyone paid a different one. Security guard at road entrance checked your pass when you came in from Palm Parkway. We did not check out the food available at the motel since we ate out for all our suppers and brought food for breakfast and lunch. Small fridge and microwave plus small safe which will take a laptop in room. Lots of places to eat near motel, and Winn-Dixie, grocery store not too far away. Some noise above out head and outside sometimes but not bad. Had enough towels for 4 people. Use one of the pools briefly the night we checked in, lots of towels to dry off if needed. Very close to Disney, did not use shuttle, drove our car since we wanted to be on our own schedule. Room sometimes crowded when 4 adults trying to get ready, but otherwise a good value and would book it again at that price.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks in June and after reading some of the reviews about it I was starting to worry, however this hotel is fine for the price paid, it is in a great area for all the parks and the free shuttle service is fantastic (beware of certain people constantly pushing in and if you're going high season I can imagine these will get very busy but the drivers do all they can to fit everyone on even phoned for another bus to be sent)
When we booked our holiday our invoice stated we would be having a family fun suite (which we were looking forward to for the privacy for our daughter 13), however after getting to our room it was just a standard room so i went down to reception and he told me they no longer had these rooms and was very rude about it, most of the staff are friendly (probably to get tips) but the reception staff are rude. housekeeping came everyday, they don't do much only change towels and make beds but suited us fine.
We only had breakfast twice as the food wasn't good but the kids loved the mickey mouse waffles. 5 minute walk away there is the olive garden restaurant and cicis ($5.99 all you can eat pizza, pasta, salad) we tended to go out to eat rather than stay in hotel.
The pool is nice and the kids loved ozzies splash zone.
We stayed here just for somewhere to crash and it was great for that, if you're planning on a more relaxing holiday I would recommend a different hotel (at the end of the day you get what you pay for), we would stay here again, really close to disney and only 15 mins to universal.
We didn't see one cockroach only a possum and lots of lizards.
If you are like i was and worrying after reading reviews there is no need to, on arrival you won't understand what all the fuss was about.
We only got a taxi a couple of times but found that the taxis at the hotel were not that much more expensive than mears (so for convenience it's worth paying a couple of extra dollars).
Our room was overlooking the I-4, the noise of traffic didn't bother us one bit, we still slept well.
there is free internet access in the main lobby which is handy for printing boarding cards, checking emails etc

Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed with my girlfriend for 10 nights in early June. We booked the hotel in March but we were nervous having read alot of the reviews we found on the internet. I must admit I have never been so impressed with a hotel for the price. We booked a package deal with Expedia and thought because the flights and hotel were so cheap, the hotel must be bad....How wrong we were. In the 10 nights we stayed we never saw one piece of litter anywhere on the property. The rooms were big and super clean and the airconditioning was perfect. We didn't have to adjust it once during our stay.

Prior to checking in I emailed the hotel asking for a room away from the busy highway next to the property. On arrival at the hotel I was told they had reserved a room for us on the 5th floor overlooking the carpark at the front of the hotel, away from the highway. This was a big help because there was alot of traffic and the noise would have made it difficult to sleep in the night time. The staff on duty at the reception were friendly and any queries we had the guy checking us in was able to give us an aswer. We were given a welcome pack and a timetable for the shuttle bus to the theme parks.

The room we had could fit 4 people comfortably and was cleaned everyday we were staying at the hotel. Fresh sheets and clean towels everyday was a great luxury to have. The beds were clean and comfortable and the room as a whole was very very clean. Cleanliness impressed us the most and I was happy with the efficient staff on duty every morning. The breakfast buffet was great and it was nice to be able to have a big breakfast before setting off on a long day at a theme park.

The only negative thing I have to say is the shuttle sevice to the theme parks in the mornings could be better organised. A queue should form and someone should be on duty to prevent people arriving 1 minute before the bus arrives and getting a seat ahead of people who have been waiting for 15 or 20 minutes. Several days I witnessed people skipping to the top of the line and getting a seat ahead of people who had been there for ages. Also the taxi service provided by the hotel can be sometimes more expensive than normal cabs. We went to the bar one night for a drink and the barmaid was very very slow to get drinks, these are only minor details but I can't think of any other negative things to say about the hotel because there are none.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor away from highway
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Hotel is a good budget hotel the room was ample big enough for the four of us the small kitchenette area invaluable with fridge and microwave for the baby. The decor isnt to my liking but thats personal opinion it was freshly decorated and mainly clean ( we moved the beds to accomodate th travel cot and they def. hadnt been hoovered under in an age) but other than that the beds were made for us and room tidied every day incl. towels so was very happy thank you to the maids :-) maintenace responded quickly to a plumbing problem.We stayed on the roadside it didnt bother us but it might those not used to traffic noise. The ac was ok for us . The laundry room was handy . The pool was warm , clean and the splash area great for the kids . Our 4 year old enjoyed the play area as well. We only eat there the first night and following morning and wernt impressd its very basic and continental is just toast or cereal not even a choice of bread so we didnt go back. There are plenty of good places to eat within a 10 min/ 15min walk and a lot cheaper! (we like walking) . the shop staff were very friendly bt again we found it cheaper to go to te lcal supermarket or walgreens for basics.The receptionist are as many reviews have pointed out either friendy or indiffrent depending on who serves you . We wouldnt recommend the shuttle unlss it suits you as they are irregular, oftern overcrowded people jump the que to get on and it doesnt go to animal kingdom despite sayin they do ! we used the Lynx 50 opposite the hotel it goes every 30 min $2 per adult and goes to Downtown or the mk transportaton centre and unless you go rush hour we had a seat every time no problem and got wdwtransport to the various parks no pushing !. You can walk to Downtown Disney it took us around 30 minutes and a taxi cost around $10.
We would probably pick a hotel closer to the Crossroads next time but wouldnt say no to staying at the clarion again .

Room Tip: ask for parking lot side for a quieter sleep .
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. The first was about 5 years ago and we weren't sure the stay would be as nice. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, pools are great, and the location can't be beat. Definitely recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We spent one night there before we came home. I got it for $49 but wouldn't have stayed there if it wasn't already prepaid.

I arrived about noon as was rudely told to come back after 4:00 as that is when check in was. I was told that it was a hotel but I have never stayed at a hotel that you drive up to your room. A hotel to me is going through the lobby to your room and not going a few buildings down to your room.

I went back at 3:50 and a nicer person was there and she told me where my room was. I asked if they had a smoking section and she told me to smoke outside of my room. The room it self isn't bad as it was refurnished recently but the bathroom is really small.
It had a micro and a fridge but the fridge never did get cold enough for the soda.

I went out to smoke and a guy a few doors down was yelling to someone down in the parking lot. After about 5 minutes of that he was trying to bum cigarettes from me.

The beds were comfortable but the air conditioner is so loud that it is impossible to sleep. When it first comes on it sounds like a rocket taking off then it sounds like it is pouring outside then you finally here the air conditioner. This goes on every 10 to 15 minutes all night long.

After staying at a different 3 star hotel (real hotel) it was a real let down and I am very surprised that it is a 3 star as I would think it was a 2 star at best. Now I know why it is always $49 a night on different sites. I really can't imagine any one paying $99 for that place. To me it is a motel and I haven't stayed in one since the 1970's.