“Pretty good”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #180 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed there last August ,staff were great,room was tidy,free shuttle to parks,can get a bit crowded though,all in all liked it so much booked it again for August 2014,did not know they had a fitness centre or spa!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Manmohan S
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Manmohan S, thank you very much for the review. We are excited that you will be joining us again in just a few short weeks! We certainly welcome our guests to enjoy the fitness and spa amenities at our sister properties and can even assist with transportation.

We cannot wait to see you again! Safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed 1 July 2014

From the beginning we were disappointed. We arrived at the Clarion Inn on Saturday 6/21/14. Upon check-in I was told that a block of rooms was unusable and we were moved to a sister hotel, the Rosen Inn on International Blvd. The whole reason we booked the Calrion was the location to the Disney Parks. We went from no more than 4 miles from any park to 15 miles from every park. This might not sound like much but with traffic on International Blvd. We are now 30+ minutes away from every park, not the 5 minutes we planned.

We were never informed of this change. Never received an email or phone call before our arrival and the only thing we received in exchange for their mess was a few coupons for our inconvienace.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a hotel with a better reputation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert C

Robert C, I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If you would like to contact me to further discuss the details of your stay I would be more than willing to listen and do what I can to possibly make any future stays with us much more enjoyable.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Clarion was better than I expected. Neat and modern rooms cleaned daily. Nice and friendly concierge. The beds were super comfy. Close to all the attractions, strategically located. Breakfast was okay not so fantastic as you can upgrade for full buffet for less than additional $10. They had free shuttles to the parks
That's a bonus!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ArynAjalaTravel

Thank you very much for your review ArynAjalaTravel! We are very glad to see that you were pleased with our hotel and your accommodations. We work very hard to make things as convenient for our guests as possible during their stay. Thank you for taking the time out to let us know what you liked about your visit to our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Great location
Great price
Nice size rooms
Fantastic hotel Staff

Con:
Low water pressure
Bathroom ceiling peeling
Toliet from the 1900's
Stupid Free shuttle was late for pick up and drop off
We stayed 4 days and went to universal the hotel was nice but it's closer to Disney

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Randi C
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you Randi C for sharing your thoughts with us. I apologize for the shuttle’s poor timing, but we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us aside from that. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay in further detail with me, please do so using the email address below.

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We (my husband & I) booked this hotel as a base for a 2 week holiday in Orlando with the plan to go to Miami and the Keys for part of that duration so knew that this hotel really would just be a base for us whilst in Orlando so we could enjoy the parks.
Our room was located on the 5th floor facing the freeway/shopping area to the right of the hotel. I've seen reviews about the noise from the traffic but to be honest it didn't affect my sleep.
The room was spotlessly clean (I have a thing about cleanliness in hotels so trust me this was good) with two queen beds, TV, wardrobe etc, the bathroom is small but functional although the shower wasn't the most powerful. The room had a microwave and fridge which we used and were fine.
WIFI is available and did work in our room although the signal does drop a bit every now and then however, most hotels charge for WIFI and this was already included in our package deal (at least we didn't pay any extra) so look at it as a bonus.
The pool areas were clean and well maintained but don't open until 9am which is quite late considering the sun is up & warm by 7am! I like to make the most of my day so would have liked to see the pools open earlier for guests to enjoy.
As I mentioned above, we intended to head to Miami/Keys for some of our stay so we let reception know we would be out. They were great and put a note on our room to advise when we were back. Room was clean and fully made up when we returned.
Location is great - this is the main benefit of this hotel! You are 5mins from Downtown Disney, 10 from Wet & Wild, about 20 from Universal, Seaworld etc. There is also a small shopping precinct a 5min walk away with a good selection of restaurants for breakfast,lunch & dinner - go to Denny's for breakfast, the staff are great in there plus they do a great egg white omelette and pancakes! There is also a supermarket for any supplies.

Overall this is a good hotel if you intend to spend all your time at parks, out shopping or seeing Orlando, it is not a hotel designed for you to spend your entire day in. Its an Inn not a Hotel, keep that in mind and you will have a fabulous stay just like we did.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gstonian

Thank you very much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay gstonian, we greatly appreciate it! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience here with us and hope that you will return for another stay with us in the future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I don't even know where to begin! We stayed here 11 days while on a Disney vacation. At first glance this looks like a nice place...we headed to our room... Top floor very last room as far away from the pool and car as they could possible get us! Just getting to the pool was a major undertaking... The tub wouldn't drain and the toilet would barely flush..no water pressure! I would have had more success with a bucket and a cup ! Wi-if??? I think not and should have to remove that as an added feature because out of the 11 days that we spent here none of us..4 devices.. Could never use the wifi because the signal was so bad! After a few hours in our room it became evident that this room was not going to work for us! The sound from the highway was deafening to say the least!! I seen the other reviews pertaining to the freeway noise and thought it was being exaggerated but trust me its not!! Good luck sleeping when your room ac unit kicks off!! My husband asked the front desk clerk to switch our rooms, which they did the next day but they made us get out of our current room and wait for a new room to become available which curtailed our trip to the Parks that day because we couldn't leave all of our stuff in a hot car all day... So we waited for a room. The new room was on the ground floor facing the pool,which was a great thing for our 12 year old daughter! Since we were not facing the highway it cut down on the traffic noise.. This hotel is a 2 star at best.its more like a roadside motel!!. The rooms are small and so are the beds.. No way 2 adults could sleep comfortably in these beds! Still no water pressure in the new room.. Our refrigerator would freeze everything! Our last day here the maid @8:30 am opened the door, no knock or anything,,which woke us all up! then ( I'm not kidding) 20 minutes later someone else came to the door wanting in!! By this time we were all up, pissed off and ready to leave this stupid place!! Low and behold another person came wanting to change the filters on the ac!! We were done at that point!! Glad I can say that I never have to go back there again!! If we ever take another vacation to Orlando I promise you we will not be staying here!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, it's the best tip I can give you!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crazymom23

Thank you very much for your review Crazymom23. I do apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. I would like to reach out to you privately to discuss the details of your stay. You can also reach out to me at the email address below.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel is what I'd class as a 2-3 star. It's very large, rooms are motel style - they open out onto communal walkway or parking lot if you're on ground floor. A bit dated and in need of a refurb, especially the shower. Also, we were given a room with two double beds (2 adults and a child) but the beds aren't big enough for two adults (and we are slim!) so I had to sleep with child in one bed. Beds are comfy though and housekeeping is good, plus there's a free safe in the room.
We paid extra for the bed & breakfast option when booking with lowcostholidays.com. What a waste of money! We were only allowed to eat the 'cold buffet' items - cereal and toast that took forever because the toasters are so useless. All in disposable polystyrene cups /plates etc. You'd be better booking room only and having a decent breakfast at Denny's which is just around the corner.
Location is pretty good - right next to interstate 4 junction 68 - however this makes it very noisy around pool and splash areas if you use them.
Overall I'd say it's an ok hotel if you get it cheap but definitely not worth paying more than £30 (about $50) a night for a room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review annam0787. I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your experience at our hotel. If you have anything else you’d like to discuss please let me know and I would be glad to assist you.

Thank you for staying with us.