“A surprising deal!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #175 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
London
“A surprising deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were excited to find a 'deal' in one of the coupon books that we picked up at the Welcome Center when we drove into Florida. The offer: $55.99 a night PLUS a BOGO breakfast! We HAD to check it out! The facility was very acceptable in its appearance. Our room had just had its carpets shampooed. The room was very clean and up-to-date with decor. We made use of the in-room fridge for a 2 night stay. The drive to and from the parks was SO slick!
Last summer we stayed at the Pop Century resort in Disney and this was just as nice (less all the Disney 'stuff'). Great value! Loved the security of a parking guard checking our pass each time we came in. Our only concern was the noise of I-4 that was relentless even in the wee hours of the night. Make sure to request a room facing the parking lot. Thanks, Clarion Inn!

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the parking lot to avoid the traffic noise of the busy freeway, I-4. Also...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Krista M
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
You are so very welcome Krista M! We are glad that you chose to check us out! It makes us very proud to know that you were pleased with your accommodations even while you were on the Interstate side of our hotel.

Please let us know when you book your next stay and we will gladly request a room away from the highway for you.

We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you so much for your review!

Email: Smatos@rosenhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Czech first
Sanford, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location - walking distance to entertainment, dining, & shops; friendly, helpful staff; pet-friendly with attractive, well-kept grounds. Breakfast bar was reasonably priced and offered great selection. On-site amenities include restaurant/lounge (in addition to buffet), game room, two pools, and awesome splash pad. Room was small, but acceptable, with one exception: mold in bathroom. Otherwise we loved it. Husband and I stayed for two nights and are looking forward to going back with kids - though we'll be inspecting the room closely before completing check-in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review Amber G. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the mold in your bathroom. I would like to reach out to you privately about this so that we can have this taken care of.

It makes us very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and anticipate your return!

Thank you!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for a week 7/22 to 7/29 using a Groupon for $49 a night. I doubt you could find a better value for the price. Room was plenty big, bathroom could be updated but staff kept the room tidy and clean every day (even cleaned up a pile of sand I accidentally knocked off a dirty beach towel!) While the stay was great, it was the service after our stay that really blew me away. Upon arriving home I realized I couldn't find my favorite necklace that I had brought with me for our nice dinner out. I tore my apartment apart but did not find it. As a last resort I called the Clarion hoping for a lost and found. I left a description and my contact info with Charmaine (apologies if my spelling is incorrect). Within a day she called me back saying the cleaning staff had indeed found my necklace and left it at lost and found. She put me in touch with a mail center nearby where I could make arrangements for it to be mailed back. The staff there even knew Charmaine by name and attested to how sweet she is. I can't say enough how impressed I am with this commitment to helping guests. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
4 Thank Kellie L
What a wonderful review Kellie L! We are always glad to reach beyond the realm of customer service expectations for our guests. I will gladly let management know about the wonderful service you received during and after your stay.

Your review really does mean so much to us and we certainly do hope to see you again very soon! Please let us know if you need assistance planning your next stay.

Thank you for visiting!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went stayed here 6 nights to visit disney world. Saving over 500$ by staying off disney resorts was the best idea ever! I cannot wait to come back here when i have kids. Thanks so much for the amazing stay, the only negative was the wait to check in, which took about an hour, otherwise the room was perfect and so was everything else!

Room Tip: One building allows pets, if you're not into that, ask not to be put there.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CamilleLstL
You are very welcome CamilleLstL! We are very glad to know how pleased you were with your accommodations. We would like to extend our apologies for the wait time at check in—we agree it should not have been such a long process for you.

Also, great tip about the pet rooms. Our hotel does also welcome the furry members of the family and we even have a building for families brining their canine companions along. If guests have any allergies or prefer not to be in a room designated for those traveling with pets, our Front Desk will gladly assist in locating a room that is pet free.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Let me begin by saying that I NEVER leave reviews but I wanted to warn someone befor staying at this property to take you business elsewhere. We checked in and we were told out building was #4. This is the pet building...We walked in and the room smelled of urine (we were told that they had just finished cleaning) and there was dog hair EVERYWHERE!! I love dogs, I have a dog (we didn't bring him), but I did not want to sleep in a room with dog hair and urine. My mom ask the cleaning crew to come in again and at least vacuum the dog hair which they did but not with a great attitude.

I tried to give the motel a chance and I went to the store and bought cleaning supplies and air freshners to help. But once we started cleaning the bathroom, with human and dog hair everywhere, I couldn't take it anymore and we left. The cleaning crew started singing when we were packing up to leave. I couldn't believe how RUDE they were... I assure you I wasn't being difficult. I just wanted a clean place for my family to lay their head.

The lady at the front desk was nice enough even though they insisted I pay for one night even though we had been there 2 hours max. Rude staff, filthy, & smelly rooms. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this motel!

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Natasha H
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Good Morning Natasha H-

I am so sorry to hear that you had this experience while on property. This is absolutely not our norm and I’m so upset that this happened.

I have already passed this on to the General Manager to research and look into.

I would love to hear more from you. I will reach out to you privately to get more information.

Thanks for updating us on your experience. We appreciate it. Thank you.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed for a fortnight in June and were really pleased with the hotel and it's location. Given the nature of our holiday (active) we didn't need or want a plush hotel with all the trimmings, we purposely chose the Clarion for it's motel approach. Upon entering the grounds you pass the security booth. The rooms are all located in two wings either side of the main entrance. Our room overlooked the car park and out towards Palm Parkway. We were not disturbed by outside noise during our stay, the room was perfectly adequate for our family of four - two adults and two teenagers. The room was clean with a large tv, microwave, hairdryer, fridge, deposit safe and radio alarm clock. Everything worked. The kids used the pool in the evenings without any incidents, the towels and loungers were plentiful. The Restaurant is okay, we ate there twice but there are so many other places away from the hotel to eat that are either within walking distance or a short drive away that we preferred to do that. Palm Parkway is a brilliant alternative route running parallel to I4. All major attractions are a short drive away.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and it's location. This is not a high end hotel and the rates reflect this. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank Sobyclan
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
How wonderful to hear that you were happy with your stay Sobyclan! Thank you so much for sharing, it means a great deal to us! We hope to see you again in the future for another great vacation.

Seaham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked this hotel for one night initially as somewhere just to sleep before we left for the airport after a trip to AMI. However, our plans changed and we had to add on an extra night. I wish I had just cancelled and booked somewhere else.

Having said that, we didn't have any major problems with the hotel, it's just that it wasn't my 'cup of tea'. We were given a room on the top floor (it's all external corridors) with a fair walk from the lift. Our room overlooked the car park so we didn't have the problem of noise from the I4.

The room felt very dingy with it's mustard coloured walls. The aircon was noisy but was very effective. We didn't use the microwave or the coffee maker but they appeared to be in working order. The bathroom was dated and the bath was marked. I tried rubbing it but the marks were permanent and the bath should really have been replaced. There were two beds which seemed smaller than American queen beds. The bedding was clean and crisp.

We had the continental breakfast included in the room rate. This amounts to tea/coffee, cereal and toast. It was 'help yourself' style on paper plates with plastic cutlery. I believe you could upgrade to the hot breakfast for a supplement. The breakfast room was very busy on both mornings and we had to wait a good while for a table to become available.

The thing I disliked the most was the 'go to the desk over there to get your special package details' aka 'take a timeshare tour'.

I have also realised that I really do not like external corridors where folks walk right past your room window.

The Clarion was cheap and cheerful and fulfilled it's purpose, but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deaconblue
Deaconblue, thank you for sharing your experience with us. While it saddens us to know that you are not eager to return, we are glad to know that overall you have a pleasant stay. Should you ever change your mind, please reach out to us and we will see what we can do about enhancing your next visit.