Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
US$121
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$281
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$101
US$94
US$316
US$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$615
US$492
Travelocity
5,267 results
All reviewssplash zoneroom facing the parking lotdowntown disneypalm parkwayolive gardenfridge and microwaveshuttle servicelake buena vistasplash padshuttle busescoffee machinelight sleepercleaned every daymagic kingdomfree shuttletwo double bedssea world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on price and that we didn't want to be amongst everything on I-Drive but didn't want to be out of the way either. Took us about 15 mins by car from the airport and was easy to find. Security were very friendly when we arrived and pointed us to reception, they also checked our car pass everytime we arrived at the hotel. Reception were very quick, friendly and efficient and directed us to our room. Our room was very clean and spacious, it had basic amenities but more than enough for the amount of time we actually spent in it. Can't comment on how the bar or restaurant was as we ate out for dinner and breakfast but based on the rest of the hotel I'm sure it's very good. The room was quite quiet considering it's a hotel full of families with children, it was facing the parking lot but again no real noise and the aircon was a god-send. The room was regularly cleaned while we were there but the only thing we found was that when the cleaners cleaned the room they opened the curtains, which is fine but the window is next to the room door which leads out onto the walkway so if you had left any clothes or whatever on the bed nearest the door anybody walking past the room could look in and see them, maybe something management could look at? Obviously once we knew this we didn't leave anything on the bed but the first time we didn't know. It's not a major thing but something I think that needs pointing out but that was then only thing I could fault our hotel on throughout our 2 and a half week stay. If you're looking for an excellent value hotel in an excellent location that's not on I-Drive then you have to stay here. There are nicer hotels in Lake Buena Vista but I can't see why you'd pay a lot more money to get probably a poorer service plus you don't go to Orlando to spend all day in your hotel, it's basically a place to crash out. Everytime we stay in Orlando we'll stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LincolnDonut
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Loved the recommendations, LincolnDonut.

I will definitely pass on your review to the management staff as I know they would be very happy to read your review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us on your experience. We are so happy to read all about it.

Please hurry back. We can’t wait to see you again.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we checked into Disney. It was so nice and very comfortable. I defiantly think it was great for the price and would consider staying during my next trip. I would say that it was comparable to my room at disney on the value resorts.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank mandiemo81

Awe, how nice, mandiemo81

Thank you so much for staying with us and the 5 star review.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I normally stay on Disney property when going to Disney World, however, this trip was very last minute and I was trying to keep the expenses reasonable. I was traveling with a friend and we stayed 5 nights. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel grounds and our room were clean but showing it's age in some areas. The restaurant had a beautiful but overpriced buffet. With a 10% tip added in, in cost $23.50 for the two of us to eat breakfast. The second day, I asked if there was an Ala Carte option to the menu and was told no. The restaurant manager did inform us that we could get the Continental Breakfast for $2.50 each. Sadly, we paid $2.50 for a choice of 2 kinds of toast and/or 2 kinds of cereal. There was also 2 juices, coffee and milk. After that, we opted to eat our breakfasts at the parks. The Clarion does offer free shuttles to Disney parks, Universal parks, Sea World and local outlet shopping. Unfortunately, there are only a few going to the parks in the morning and even less returning in the evenings. You really need to plan out a good travel strategy for getting back to the hotel. We wanted to see the Frozen Fireworks show in Hollywood Studios one night. The show didn't start until 9:45 and the last Clarion bus left at 6:45. We watched the show, which ended at 10pm, had to run and catch a Disney resort bus to get to the Magic Kingdom, run to catch the Disney monorail to get to the ticket and transportation center then run to the farthest spot in the parking lot to just catch the last Clarion bus of the night which departed at 11pm. The breakfast and the transportation issues were enough to let me know that I will never stay off property again when going to Disney World. But to be quite fair and honest, I would definitely stay at Clarion Inn, LBV if I had no plans to go to the parks.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the interstate and were never once bothered by highway noises or smells. I recommend staying on the 5th floor as we never even heard anyone around us and there are no floors higher up to hear the pitter thud sound of big and little feet above you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beth T

Thank you Beth T for the wonderful review,

I can appreciate that you had some miner set backs but still found our hotel met your needs for your last minute vacation to the Disney parks. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit our hotel again soon for any vacation you may take to the Orlando area. Thank you again for the great insight offered to our future guest... We hope to host you and your friends again soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a package through Thomas Cook.
To be honest looking at previous reviews I was quite worried about staying here and expected something very different. When we arrived however we were pleasantly surprised!

Room

A large room with a HUGE (very) comfy bed.
Good size fridge, microwave and coffee maker
Big bath!!

The room was great and everything we could have asked for. We had a top floor room (definitely recommend) facing the highway (and despite having sound sensitivity - the traffic was not noticeable!!)

However: that may have been because the air conditioning was so loud.... and poor! for the first half of our holiday we slept poorly on top of the sheets. It was ridiculously hot, I know we went during July but the air con should have helped somewhat! Half way through the holiday we drove to Wal-Mart and bought a fan for $20 - great investment and the room was then on perfect! (we left this is the room so if your in room 5220 there should be a fan in that wardrobe!) IF it were not for the poor air conditioning I would have no doubt given this hotel a rating of excellent.

Location and Transport

This location is great, with a variety of restaurants around within walking distance including: Pancake houses and steak houses.
There are a variety of shops which sell Disney stock close by. Alongside this there is a supermarket.

We rented a car for 5 out of the 11 nights we stayed here.
Getting to all Disney parks and universal with a car was easy and quick to do and I definitely recommend it.
However for the days we didn't have a car we used the Hotels shuttle buses, taxis and the Lynx 50. The hotel shuttle was efficient, the Lynx 50 has a bus stop across the road and costs $2 per ride.

What I always wanted to know before we left was prices of taxis but couldn't find anything on here so im hoping this will help some.
To Downtown Disney the most we paid was $12, after a busy day at the parks then a walk round downtown Disney this truly was the best $12 we paid.
To the parks (if we wanted to go after the last shuttle) we took a taxi to downtown Disney or the $2 LYNX bus then used the WDW transport to get to the parks.
Our last night we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and a taxi from the hotel there cost $23 (and that hotel is the furthest away)

Overall I would recommend this hotel to others, my family and friends and we would definitely go back, (but we would be a fan first)

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank xMikax

me23xx,

Thank you for your lovely and well written review! We appreciate the time you took to write us wonderful feedback and great insight. I certainly hope that your next stay will be in a room where the air conditioner is up to par. I would always like to encourage our guest to always address any maintenance issues during their stay with us... We want to offer the most comfortable accommodation for your stay.

Thank you again for your insight provided to our future guest regarding transportation! I hope you will return for another visit with us soon again... We will do our very best to make your stay an excellent one!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for reasonably priced hotel since we were just sleeping here and nothing else. The room was clean but the water pressure was terrible in the sink and shower. It was hard to brush my teeth and take a shower with such little water. I felt like I was in a 3rd world country and the water was being pumped from a creek down the hall. Also check out was at 11 and the housekeeper continuously knocked on our window with her card before 10 am and kept peeking in our window to see if we had left. Other than that it seemed ok

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review, Pulaski8229.

I apologize for the issue you faced regarding the water pressure... I always encourage you to address this with the front desk and maintenance as it is something that could possibly be fixed. We hope you will consider us again in the future... We would love to have you again!