“Upgraded Value for Money”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #173 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Norfolk
“Upgraded Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

Second visit to this hotel and delighted with the refurbished rooms. Again we got a cheap week and it was definitely value for money. Ask for a carpark facing room if you want to avoid the I4 traffic noise and for a high floor if you want to see the Disney fireworks at 9pm. We avoided the 'free' breakfast again this year and walked to one of the nearby restaurants instead. The reception lobby is still undergoing refurbishment and has promising signs of being very nice when completed - as we only visited this twice (check-in and check-out) it made no difference to us. Other visitors were a little heavy footed on the outdoor corridors and a little talkative, but nothing too disturbing. As we didn't visit Disney, we didn't use the shuttles; but as we learnt Epcot and Universal Studios each want $14 to park each day, I expect they represent a cheaper option for transport. This hotel is well situated and we'd certainly return again, if only for the comfortable beds.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Czech first
Sunny Coast, Qld
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I found this hotel on Bookit.com and was at first sceptical about the quality for the special offer price of $39 US per night, reduced from the standard rate of $79, however upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised that the room was in fact exaclty as portrayed in the photos, nicely furnshed with two very comfortable double beds, lounge chair, and desk chair, free internet access, tv with local stations and pay per view movies. The room was serviced daily and was very clean. After reading a couple of reviews I requested and was allocated a room facing the parking lot which was quiet, the other rooms face the I 4 and can be noisy. The restaurant had a reasonably good dinner buffet, however I wouldn't recommend the breakfast, not to Aussie taste with grits etc
Pros -1. Price, even at $79 would have been good value, at $39 was a bargain, definitely keep an eye on bookit.com
2. Very Comfortable beds
3. Nicely furnished
4. Fridge and M/wave
5. Shower AND bath
6. Token operated laundry facilities
7. Lite Bite Deli where you can buy milk, tea, cereal, sandwiches and some frozen meals as well as icecreams etc, also personal essentails and souvenirs
8. Tour desk
9. Free Disney shuttle
10. Numerous restaurants within easy walking distance
Cons - 1. A/C was a bit noisy
2. Because all rooms open directly to the outside we had people wheeling luggage past our room at all hours, although this didn't worry my daughter who is a heavy sleeper.
3. Taxis that operate from the hotel run on a flat rate, ie they are not metered, and are more expensive than metered cabs, for eg a trip to Premium Outlets in a hotel taxi was $14, metered $8, a big difference! If you are interested feel free to contact me for the phone no of a taxi driver we met who gave us very good deals during our stay.
All in all I was very happy with the hotel and would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting Orlando

1 Thank tindale17
Escanaba, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

Clean. No bugs. Friendly people! I was very pleased with our stay! Very nice "cheap" breakfast!

1 Thank halchris
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

Never having been to Disney before, my husband surprised me with a weekend trip for my birthday. We got an excellent deal through Sunwing Vacations that included 3 nights accomadations at this hotel, car rental and airfare. Normally, we would have booked a hotel a little higher in star rating than this one but as I said, it was a fantastic deal and when your going to Disney for the first time, you don't really spend much time in a room, so it worked out perfectly. This hotel was recently renovated and most areas within the hotel refelected it. Our room as comfortable, nothing fancy but still had all the necessary amenties. They were very clean and housekeeping was excellent.
As other people have mentioned in their reviews of this hotel, the rooms can be noisy. We faced the highway and it was very audible. We did notice that the rooms on the other side, facing the parking lot were not much better. Because we were so tired after all day of walking around Disney, the noise didn't bother us at all. It really is too bad that while they were under going renos, that they didn't change the doors to the rooms. It 's the doors that let all the noise through.
2 other things to note. The food at the buffet. Although there was plenty of food. It was all a little unappetizing for us. I suspect this had more to do with the other guests and how they handle their food rather than the actual buffet...some people can be slobs, is all I'm saying. We ate elsewhere.
The service was very nice here but I would like to say that the customer service desk can be very pushy when it comes to their promotional packages.
If you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head after a long day, this is a clean, inexpensive place to do it. And it's very family friendly.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank letgoletgod
Corbin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

We booked this hotel on bookit.com for $39 we excpected very litle and were very suprised. Room had fridge and microwave. Very clean property was immaculate with guard station in parking lot. Several restraunts within walkng distance. Very nice heated pool and they even offer freee shuttle to disney. This hotel would be a good deal for twice the price we payed. They are renevating one section of this hotel but did not interfere with our stay.

NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed from the 3rd until the 6th at night, because I was on a trip to Disney to sing in "America Sings". Well, the maid never brought any clean towels for me or my roommates. Then she "cleaned our room" by ripping all the sheets, comforters, and pillows off our beds! Along with the protector from the mattress. I had to get up at 6am. I normally am in bed by 11. But I had to stay up until 1:48am! And we never got a sorry, complementary breakfast, or anything! And the elevator shut off for 5 minutes, locking my friends between floors! I am never going back to them, and I highly DON'T RECOMMEND them to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank jbyrd42
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Don't use the shuttle!!! The free shuttle to the Disney attractions gets you there in the morning, but coming home is a different story. We decided to take the shuttle to Epcot even though we had our car with us. The shuttle schedule indicates that you can get to and from Epcot without any other stops. The hotel is very close to Epcot; 10 minutes. When it was time to leave we waited for the 8:05 pm shuttle which did not arrive until 8:30. When it did arrive it was full of passengers. Instead of going straight back to the Comfort Inn we first dropped off passengers to Hollywood Studios; then took passengers to two DIFFERENT Hotels. We did not get back to our hotel until about 9:30.

At $39.90per night the hotel is a great value and a great location for Disney; clean; nice pool; and friendly service - but don't use the shuttle if you value your time.

2 Thank rukidingme