“Not so bad”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #176 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We booked our girls weekend get away july 15-18 and we had a great time, everyone was very helpful and the rooms were kept clean. Yes we were asked to do the timeshare thing buy since my husband was not with me I could not and my cousin was single and was not accepted ( we were not that unhappy about this at all tee hee) The pool was great, we did go to universal and downtown disney it was in a great location for everything we had done. If I had any complaints I would say the dinner buffett was not good at all but the breakfast buffett was good. We were on the I4 side and well I can say it was a little loud, it sounded more like thunder no big deal. an questions just ask

• Stayed: July 2010

Reviewed 18 July 2010

The location of the hotel is very close all theme parks and amenities. Eventhough the hotel was just renovated the end of last year, I couldn't imagine what it was before. I think the only thing that they did was tiles to the bathroom floor, granite countertop & new mattresses. Housekeeping was done on daily basis, but I think they only change the towels and refill shampoo & cups. Beds are too small for US hotels. It was nice of them to provide us the rollover bed, without additional charge. The mildew smell of the room is very strong, it would help if the fan in the bathroom works, then the smell would be as bad. Overall, if you are on a budget, this would be an ideal hotel to stay at, where you have a bed to sleep on & a shower to take. Service is not great.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We went here for our honeymoon in August 2009 - it was the worst mistake ever! We only managed to stay for 2 nights which was quite enough!
When we first arrived we were put in a room on the groud floor over looking the car park. The room was dull, smelt funny, scruffy and was not very clean. There were hairs in the sink and white dirty marks on the bedding. We went straight back to reception and demanded to be moved rooms as it was our honeymoon. We were moved to another room on the 3rd floor which was on the other side of the hotel where there is a large highway which was very noisey! The room again was scruffy and dirty. There was hairs in the sink and bath, the shower rail was broken, there were dirty marks on the bedding and we found a previous guests sanitary towels in the drawers! The maid cleary hadnt cleaned the room properly after they left!
I was so upset and wanted to leave. We stuck it out for our first night as we arrived late in the afternoon. We got up early the next morning and went to the welcome meeting at univeral to complain. They were very helpful and gave us the name of a hotel across the road to go and see and if we liked us they said they would move us. The other hotel was amazing so we asked to move! We had to spend another night in the comfort inn while they sorted the move for us. So we stuck an extra night out, it was a nightmare, we got locked out of our room for an hour as the lock had broke and they had to change the whole handle. The noise from the road kept us awake, we had to keep turning the air con on and off as we couldnt stand the noise from it. Im not sure which was worse!

We had breakfast the follwing morning which wasnt up to much. It was just tea, coffee, juice, toast and cereal.

When we checked out the woman behind the desk didnt even ask why we were checking out early, but she did coment that we were going early, she didnt seem interested in the slightest!!!!!

THREE WORDS OF ADVICE - DONT DO IT !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dgilluk
ComfortinnLBV, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Dear dgilluk
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly about these issues and hopefully regain your trust in our property and staff, below is the name and e-mail address for our general manager please feel free to contact her direct. In the meantime, we will share your review with our management staff and see what changes we need in order to improve the stay of our future guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to hear from you again soon…

Jennifer Rice Palmer
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
Jrice@comfortinnorlando.com

Reviewed 15 July 2010

we stayed at Comfort Iinn last week of June first week of July, the hotel was good, we were on the car park side of hotel & think if were on I4 side would have been very noisy, the room was cleaned daily, very clean & tidy, lifts often out of service. The breakfast was a let down, toast &cereal, would be ok if the toasters worked, white toaster only one that seemed to work! We did not use shuttle buses as we had hire car, Disneys own transportation system worked well, park at Blizzard Beach for free and bus to parks - no cost although time consuming, was only $3 to park at universal after 6pm so big saving there too. would recommend this hotel as very good location, although the traffic lights on junction at top of road were awful (SR353?) the only downside to this hotel would be the size of the bed, was very small and after staying in other US hotels we found this a bit dissapointing,they were only 4ft 6" beds and too small really, would stay here again for good location, free breakfast(not v good) and clean hotel, there are restaurants nearby for breakfast at $3.99. Would not go to I Drive area as very tacky & run down. this hotel I would recommend to family & friends & would visit again as a low cost option with good amenities, very clean too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed here using our Choice Privilege points. I wasn't sure what kind of hotel we were getting because the points were so low to stay here. I booked because the reviews were so good. I took a chance. I was very impressed with the renovations of the rooms. Our room had brand new carpet, granite counter tops in sink area and sliding doors for privacy. It also had a frig. and a microwave. We had 1 adult and 3 teenagers in the room and had plenty of room with lots of storage space. Our room was facing the hwy so it was very noisy. When you shut the door and turn on the air conditioner, it was very quiet. There was no cont. breakfast or a hot tub, but the cleanliness of the room made up for it, in my opinion. We didn't take the shuttle to the parks, because the time that they were scheduled to run, wasn't covenient for us. We took the car and it was much faster. Walt Disney World was very easy to find from the hotel. It was nice that I didn't have to get on I-4 to get there. This hotel was a great find using our Choice Privilege points. I was very pleased. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jvjcr
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We arrived early and checked in before noon. I booked another room at check in with no problem. Rooms were clean and a good size. Didn't use any of the hotels services. I would suggest trying to stay out of the rooms on the interstate side it can get a little loud. The air conditoner covers some of the noise at night but not all of it.

I would stay here again with no worries.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed here for 5 days back in June, we loved the hotel!, the staff is great and very helpful!. The only bad part is the shuttles to the parks, trust me you will need a Rental Car, shuttels don't show up on time!- One of the ladys at the front desk called EZ rent a car and it was very cheap and easy! don't go with enterprise.
Again the hotel is great for the price- book it.com $49/night, great location too and very easy to get to the parks, outlets and restaurants. Loved it!-except for the frogs..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family