“Nice location and close to Orange County Convention Center!”

Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #169 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, Florida
“Nice location and close to Orange County Convention Center!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at this property before but this is the first time after the renovation. The rooms are updated and well appointed. The dining area in the lobby can be a bit crowded but the offerings are good. I was taken back by the brand of wine they offered during the managers events Monday through Friday. It was the Wal-Mart Oak Leaf wines which sell in Cape Coral for $2.99 a bottle. They fast nice but would have expected a little higher quality.

They did have for the beer lovers , beer on tap which was a nice touch. one thing that stuck our to me as a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott is that my expectation with the renovations the rooms would have blu-ray/dvd players which they do not. I ask the front desk if they had any available and was told they do not have any at all. When checking out I pointed out to the front desk the need for dvd players and was told they in fact have them. Not too happy about not being told the correct information.

The pool is small but quaint. I also asked the front desk when checking out about adjusting the bill for one of the 6 rooms I had and was told due to the amount a manager would have to take care of it. I asked for the manager to call me with what he could do. No call as of today. Also received a nice email from Mike Zambout, the Assistant General Manager to which replied, telling him about the adjustment I had requested form the manager and he too has not replied. If you think anyone above the very nice front desk staff are going to follow up on a request you will be disappointed and most likely like me not too happy.

I will once again book at this location for the same ever next year but expect the managers to follow up on my requests in a timely manner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mr. Charles1019

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing our property for your lodging needs. Our front desk agent informed me about the problem you experienced with the miscommunication with the front desk staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we caused you with that. We have immediately addressed this issue to our front desk team to make sure it is corrected right away so we do not repeat the same experience you had again.

Mr. Charles1019, our mission is "To Impress the Guest" and in your case we failed to do that. We apologize and we truly hope this unfortunate situation would not prevent you from staying with us again. We purchased points to your Marriott Rewards account for the inconvenience.

F. 407-226-9979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean, updated and comfortable. However, the service is horrible. The house keeping service took not one, but TWO personal items from our room, supposedly by "accident". One was returned, the other was lost and never recovered, even after a supposed search of all laundry areas by the manager. Will never step foot in this hotel again. Totally ruined our theme park vacation!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kell108
Dear Kell108,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing our property for your lodging needs. Our front desk agent informed me about the problem you experienced with the issues with housekeeping. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we caused you with that. We have immediately addressed this issue to our front desk team, managers and housekeeping to make sure it is corrected right away so we do not repeat the same experience you had again. We are also checking our lost and found everyday trying to locate the missing items.

Kell108, our mission is "To Impress the Guest" and in your case we failed to do that. We apologize and we truly hope this unfortunate situation would not prevent you from staying with us again. We purchased points to your Marriott Rewards account for the inconvenience.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here just one night after a conference.

Upon arrival, I was given the key to my room only to find another family already in there! Quite a shock cos apparently the other family had requested to not have a room on the ground floor so they got assigned my room instead and front desk didn't pay enough care to the fact.

The girl apologized profusely, however.

Room is of a decent size with a fully equipped kitchen, but the place felt old. Bed was also a tad too soft for my liking and bathroom fixtures look a tad rusty.

Location wise, it's fairly near the convention center though not walking distance. However, the trolley stop is right outside so all's good. Plenty of restaurants just a block or so away as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear PlushPiggy,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing our property for your lodging needs. Our front desk agent informed me about the problem you experienced with the issues with your room and the miscommunication at the front deks. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we caused you with that. We have immediately addressed this issue to our front desk team, managers and housekeeping to make sure it is corrected right away so we do not repeat the same experience you had again.

PlushPiggy, our mission is "To Impress the Guest" and in your case we failed to do that. We apologize and we truly hope this unfortunate situation would not prevent you from staying with us again. We purchased points to your Marriott Rewards account for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

close to the convention center, Seaworld, Aquatica, Disney parks and Universal Studios. Located on a Universal a Drive runs parallel to International drive. Walk to I drive. Close to lots of restaurants. Includes breakfast buffet and Mo-Thu eve social hour, serving wine, beer, light fare, ex burgers, soups. Reasonable price. Nice pool area with hot tub.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BineQuilts
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear SabineB702,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your business and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay here. We have been working very hard to make this Residence Inn one of the best in Orlando and reviews like this let us know our efforts are not going unrecognized. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call me to help with any travel accommodations you may have!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sabine B,

Parkville
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed 1 night in the 2 bedroom suite,with full kitchen and 2 full baths(clean as a whistle),through triple A it cost $159.00(tax included)breakfast was good,can't go wrong with fruit,(bananas,oranges)kids did enjoy making their own waffles,adding chocolate chips.staff was super helpful and friendly(Henry)received a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in.included also was pool,jacuzzi and workout room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 2guitars
Dear 2guitars,

Bad Schonborn, Germany
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel during a conference and the hotel was completely booked. So the breakfast was really packed in the morning, but still okay. The whole receiption area was renovated as well as the brakfast area, which is across the registration desk. The staff was very helpful, nice and very responsive on a some sprecial needs I had. The room I got was very large (corner room) and comfortable. The kitchen was clean (didn't use it however), but als the bed and bath area was very clean. The bed was comfortable and a huge working desk was available. Staying for buisness the free (and fast) internet and also the close location to the OCCC was great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Adpalme1
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Vordenbaeumen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind words about our property and hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been working very hard to make this Residence Inn the best in the Orlando area and seeing our efforts recognized is always welcome! Next time you are in the area please give me a call to help with accommodations! Have a wonderful day!

407-226-0288