“Overnight In Orlando”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #186 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We checked in June 1 for one night. Check-in was nice as always. The staff is so friendly and we love staying there. We got there at 9am but a room was ready for us. We had a king and the refurb is really nice. Everything was new and clean. That was the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel. It was so quiet. I would have given this review an excellent except for two things. The only complaints I have are that the water pressure in the shower was almost non-existent and the hallways were hot and humid. I know it had rained so that may account for the hallway humidity but not for the shower pressure. I asked for foam pillows instead of down on my original reservation and they were in our room within 5 minutes of us being there. Our tv remote's batteries died in the evening and the maintenance man was in our room within 10 minutes. Breakfast is always a nice perk of this place, even though there is no meat, I love the hard boiled eggs and yogurt. I can't wait to get back there again as we love to stay here when we go down to Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SnowWtch
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Newer hotel. Eating area was larger and nice. Good continental breakfast. Rooms had some character in addition to being clean. Definitely would stay there again.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Needed a pet friendly hotel and this was a wonderful clean well priced hotel. Upon entering the hotel lobby was welcoming and the staff was very friendly. Room was on the first floor. Upon entering room was impressed by overall apperance. Bathroom was not impressive, tile cracked, 1 of the dbl doors was stacked. Besides that it was a nice hotel for the price and for the need of Pet-friendly. EXCEPT...handleson room door were the lever kind so our dog couldnt actually stay in the room cause he could pull it down and open the door. Will need to bring the crate next time. Room was clean, linens were clean and fresh, a/c was excellent and quiet. Publix (grocery store) is about 2 miles south on the same road. Universal was easily accessed and GPS helped us avoid main road traffic. Nice area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Aventura, Florida, USA
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great overall experience; hotel staff is friendly and willing to help. rooms are kept clean (it's a 2 way street guest don't be pigs when your staying at any hotel) they sell park tickets at the hotel the location of the hotel is very convenient close to restaurants,universal studios, and wet n wild. I stayed in la Quinta on universal blvd on may 2012 and the rates were average prices (you pay for what you get) if La Quinta prices would go higher than what they are now I wouldn't stay with them. They offer continental breakfast good options. WARNING if you like meat with your breakfast e.g. bacon, sausage, ham etc they do not have any meat proteins as part of there breakfast which I really didn't mind but my husband did. they only offer waffles, toast, cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, oj, apple juice and fruits from what I remember... OVERALL GREAT HOTEL

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Was in Orlando for business and stayed here. It has a good location that is quiet being a block from International Drive. Short walk to Lynx and red I-Ride. Staff was helpful and appreciated the tip that the green I-ride does not always operate. Appreciated getting a muffin prior to the normal 6am breakfast start. Nice large breakfast area. Bed was very comfortable and wireless worked fairly well. Glad I had room to spread out with two rooms. Bathroom was nice but could have been a little cleaner - have been in worse though. I would stay here again if it was't for the fact I normally stay on Disney properties ehrn in Orlando.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Is ok . Does not appeals to me, sorry! Not bad but not us... Is at the end of the Convention Center Boulevard. Close to a whole strip of restaurants. It needs ambiance. The front desk is helpful and service oriented. Rooms are ok, bathroom is ok.
Not charming, but good for the price. Never order there food since fabulous restaurants are at walking distance all over.

1  Thank MJ778