“Great overnight Stay”

Ranked #181 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Seffner, Florida, USA
“Great overnight Stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Booked this hotel due to receiving a corporate rate through the company I work for, and this was the first LA Quinta I have ever stayed at. I was impressed. I booked the king room, and it was bigger than I expected. Room was very clean, everything worked as it should, and staff was friendly. There is a nice putt putt golf place directly next door which I checked out while I had some spare time. Breakfast had a good variety, and was well stocked considering how many people were staying at the hotel. Only gripe I have is that there was supposed to be an alarm clock in my room and by the time I noticed it wasent there (when I went to set the alarm at bed time) it was too late to get one as maint. person had already left for the evening. Oh well. no worries, set alarm on my phone instead. Great value for the money, and if I return this way, I WILL stay again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank James R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I've stayed at many LQ's, this one was one of the best! Great location, close to everything! But the room I stayed in had Ants in the bathroom! That was the only drawback! Staff was great no problems just the ants!

1 Thank sean f
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel during an overnight trip. Enough to get a good sleep and good breakfast to start my day. I had stayed at this hotel last year...now is renovated. Love the new lamps and decor colors. Comfortable mattress and pillows. Breakfast was good however I woke up late so I made it to breakfast area at 9am only to find bagels and few extras...and no cream cheese! There was a big tour group of youth...so there wasn't much left and even though breakfast end at 9:30, the attendant didnt replenish much.... maybe they were out of food. Other than that I had a great sleep. I was on the first floor and didn't hear any outside noise, so I was happy.

Room Tip: Wake up early to get the best of breakfast.
1 Thank RYTravels2
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Back to visit the city I grew up in & to surprise my husband's family on their visit over from the UK, I was a little leary of staying near I-Drive but after reading the reviews for this La Quinta I felt comfortable booking. First off, THE PROS for this location: for being in tourist central, it's very easy to find, a quiet location considering the area, plenty of food choices within walking distance, parking was never a problem, the gal at check-in was very friendly, the hotel itself is well taken care of as far as the grounds & interior, the beds are very comfy, very cold a/c & a standard yet nice hotel room. I only have a couple CONS but to me & my family we felt they were big ones: at check-in around 10pm (which was a breeze), I collected our room key and after a long day of driving we found our way up to the room using the one elevator that was working. The elevator closest to our room was not working but I will say it was up and running the next day. Our request for a crib on our reservation & that was confirmed at check-in was noted on our room key card but it was not in the room. I called down & let the clerk know. At first, not a big deal we thought, we'll wait the10-15 for someone to bring it up. After 45 minutes and a 4 week old infant that was very ready for bed, we called down again to check on the crib. The front desk clerk that checked us in apologized and said someone would be up soon. My husband offered to go down and get it but she insisted someone would be up asap. The crib arrived about 15 minutes later by the same front desk clerk that checked us in. We felt bad for her as it seemed she was SO short-handed and appeared to be the only staff member working. For such a big La Quinta this seemed odd. Again this staff member was incredibly polite and helpful but definitely overwhelmed with so much to do alone. Our major issue and what was a true disappointment was housekeeping. The day after check-in we did not have housekeeping when we headed out mid afternoon. We figured our room would be attended to by the time we got back which was nearly 11pm; it had not. The next day we left the hotel late morning (no spoons at breakfast time as well) & stopped by the front desk to let them know. With a newborn, our trash cans were overflowing with diapers & we were in need of at least a few fresh towels. The gentleman at the front desk said he would let housekeeping know & that they would be by to clean the room that day. Back to the hotel again that day around 5pm and once again our room was exactly how we left it. I phoned down to the front desk to let them know & the gentleman didn't apologize but said he would sent someone up soon. 15 minutes later, a kind staff member from housekeeping arrived along with her supervisor. We voiced our concerns to the supervisor who immediately started arguing with my husband and I stating it was "our fault" because we must have had the "do not disturb" sign out for the past 2 days. I assured her it was not, that we had not used it at all and started to say we simply be happy with fresh towels and trash removal but she raised her voice to us, pulled out a clipboard to "prove" we were in the wrong and basically said we were not telling the truth. My husband and I were appalled at how this woman was speaking to us. By the look on the housekeeping staff member's face she was completely embarrassed by her superior's attitude. I've never had this type of issue ever at a La Quinta let alone any other hotel EVER. What bothered us as well was her statement that housekeeping has many people checking in & out & their rooms must be attended to...what about the current guests? As a customer as well as a La Quinta rewards member, my husband and I were truly disappointed in our treatment by this woman. Our issues were voiced to the asst. manager upon checkout the next day where we went on to a different hotel. He was very kind & did make the proper adjustments but I would be very hesitant to stay at this location again. One staff member really can affect business.

2 Thank MetsFanMegan