“Fleas in Room, seen them on bed hot tub didn't work”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #181 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fleas in Room, seen them on bed hot tub didn't work”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was extremely disappointed with our room. I woke up with bites all over my legs and ankles. Then I seen 2 fleas on my bed.. The hot tub when turned on the jets did not work, then the maintenance tried to fix, and the jets started working but it was cold water. so then they said its just a hot water hot tub, not a spa or jacuzzi.. Breakfast there was boiled eggs, However, they were raw eggs, and like they had been put out without cooking them.. Disgusting. Still here and Im itching from these fleas.. so mad right now. Also the sink is leaking water all over the floor. bed is comfortable but overall horrible experience..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovechild78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at the OCCC. The first room they gave me had a very strong smoke smell (despite its designation as a "non-smoking" room), and the room was generally very worn (doorframes had noticeable chips, cabinets were loose on their hinges). As I didn't want to drench my suits in smoke smell, I requested another room. Again, the "non-smoking" room smelled strongly of smoke. I went downstairs yet again and requested another room. The lady at the desk was very nice and apologetic, and she gave me a suite. After stepping into the room with much trepidation, I was relieved to smell no smoke!

Despite the decent service, I still wouldn't stay here. I-Drive hotels can easily be booked solid by a conference, so it's not worth playing Russian roulette with the rooms in this hotel. Moreover, the hotel was generally dirty, with trash strewn throughout the halls and a very tired fitness center.

Bottom line: Go somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cdxskier
Henderson, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This chain is amongst my favorite. However, the dated look of the rooms and lack of attention to detail in the cleanliness has left me with doubts about returning to this specific site. The lobby has a spectacular feel to it and the grounds are very well kept.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Erik S
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was eaten alive in this hotel, my advice would be if you have to stay in this hotel or any hotel that accepts animals then specially ask for a room where an animal has never entered. I was on a 10 hour night flight and got no sleep because of the 26 bites that I've endured

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sarah H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was able to book this hotel through Sea World vacation packages. The reviews I read online seem to rate this hotel as a good option as well as being a partner with Sea World I thought they would not partner with a bad hotel. However, as I soon found out, I was wrong. The check-in process was good and since it was late, my family was ready to sleep. However, when I opened the drawers of the chest to look at the room, I found tags and paper towels from the previous guest!
The next morning we woke up to go eat breakfast and it was PACKED at 9:00 a.m. When my husband waited 10 minutes for bananas (he had to wait because another person took all seven that was in the bin), the lady helping in the breakfast area yelled at him to wait when he asked if there was anymore.
For two nights in row, a dog was barking on our floor. We had to call the front desk three times one night and two times the next night. The staff tried to fix this but they were unable to do anything until the owners of the dog came back.
The third day of our stay my son was opening a door for a lady with her hands full at breakfast and the same lady yelled at him to "shut the door". At this point, we had enough of the rude behavior by the breakfast staff and front desk staff. Therefore, I went to the front desk manager and told him of our unpleasant stay thus far. Well, he looked at me and said "sorry", looked at me like I was wasting his time, and started shuffling papers for me to leave the front desk, and I did without saying anything else.
The last night of our 5 night stay, I went to the front desk to make sure we did not owe anymore and everything for our account was good. She asked how our stay was, and I told her how we had been treated. (In the meantime, I had also called Sea World Vacations. They told me to speak to someone else about the stay, preferably another manager than whom I spoke with the first time.) It was the pleasant person we had a check-in. She was appalled and interrupted my story with "what can we do to fix this situation". I told her she could help me find a room for one night because we had decided to stay one more night. She immediate asked if they could comp us a room another night. We stayed, however, a group of several teenagers were placed around us and they were loud until 12:30 or so, however, by this point I did not tell the front desk.
It was not a good experience for us but I hope it will be for others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blossvale, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2014

the first room we went into smelled like cigg smoke really bad. the bathroom doors were folding wooden doors that didn't close tight and one didn't even open, as well as no ventilation in the bathroom. we did ask for another room and they were able to move us to a better room but still a little dirty. beds were ok. not much sun in the pool area in the afternoon or early morning, which was dissapointing at the end of our vacation. there were restaurants with in walking distance, we walked to the TGIFridays and had a good meal. the complimentary breakfast was cleaned up earlier than we were told. the shuttle service was good to get back to the airport the next morning. the hotel price was cheaper but overall our stay was not worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2014

good service at the desk - even in stressy situation
very good bed (not to soft and a good bedcover)
i do not want to write more 200 characters arrived now? no wnot yet maybe now - no stil not akldfkaöfkaösfkaöfkaöfkaöfkaödfkaödfkaödfk

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple