“Excellent location on International Drive”

Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent location on International Drive”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving to take advantage fo Black Friday shopping. Reception staff were great - very friendly and efficient. Rooms comfortable and well equipped, but shower room was tiny. Breakfast good and included in room rate. Location is excellent, easy walk to several good restaurants. The car park can be accessed from either International Drive or the quieter Univeral Boulevard. Would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you choose to stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Booked a 2 night stay at this hotel in this past weekend for a STAY vacation to Sea World... and so glad we did. The room and the service we received were outstanding. The room was clean, spotless and spacious, we had a desk, a small bar area with a sink, fridge and coffee maker. The sofa was a sectional and the TV was a flat panel. The bedroom area was a nice size and the sheets and bed soft and comfortable. (Only downfall were the pillows – very very soft and were not comfortable) The toilet and shower were separate from the sink and counter. The towels were plenty and the hair dryer was full power. The Breakfast itself had some great choices with several hot items as well as the usual juice, cereal, muffins and Starbucks coffee is available in the bar area for a small fee. The gym area was very nice (I would love to see a workout bench in the gym).The location is perfect and driving was not necessary in the evening as it is a short stroll to numerous restaurants. The I-RIDE Trolleys is a block away so you do not need to drive to Sea World for $2.00 per person I-RIDE Trolleys drops you off at the Sea World gate and picks you up from there. Many thanks to Kim at the Front Desk Manager for making our stay very enjoyable. The Staff were VERY helpful and so pleasant to deal with. Parking is free and so is WI-FI, another bonus. Can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: I always ask for the highest floor. I was in room# 705
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fairxchange
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful Staycation! I'm glad you enjoyed out convenient location, complimentary breakfast, and spacious guest rooms. We hope to see you back again soon!
Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Wow.....when you walk into the room you feel as if your more in a business type hotel than one on International drive. The room was spotless, loads of space to chill out. TV on the wall. Walk in power shower. Great to have breakfast served on proper plates and cutlery that wasn't made of plastic ! Breakfast itself had some great choices with several hot items as as well as the usual juice, cereal, muffins. The dining area is a bit small and can get crowded at times (this was the week leading up to Thanksgiving) but you can also sit through in the bar area. Staff were VERY helpful and so pleasant to deal with. Parking is free and so is wi fi, another bonus.
The downside.....well, we only there for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. The next time we will certainly stay longer.
We booked from the UK using Travel Republic and got a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. We hope to see you back soon!
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great place to stay if you are in town for a convention. Super friendly and helpful staff. You always know what you are getting with Hyatt Place. Rate was a bit high, but that was driven by the convention in town. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We hope you join us again soon.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week recently while attending a large conference in Orlando. I am familiar with the Hyatt Place brand and its room set up, and I like the way they cater to business travelers. There is free parking, free breakfast, free wifi. It is great. This particular hotel had some operational challenges. First of all, who thinks it is a good idea for the check in desk person to also have to sell food out of a display case, heat up cookies, make drinks at the bar and answer the phone? The team member was trying to accommodate everyone, but it is just too much. Then we had some electrical problems with lighting in the bar. During the Monday Night Football game, the lights came on full strength...so much so that you could not see the screen. The front desk multi-tasker explained to me that they do not have access to the controls. They are locked and only the maintenance person can fix it...tomorrow. Oh well. By the way it did not get fixed until Wednesday. I pointed out to them that there was no one in the bar when the lights were broken...I wonder why. Overall, the room was comfortable and the amenities are nice. I would definitely stay in a Hyatt Place again, but maybe not this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PCT1212
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 407-351-0627 ext. 5104 or you can email me at Kris.Vos@hyatt.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
Kris Vos
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Booked a 2 night stay at this hotel in October... and so glad we did. The room and the service we received was outstanding. The room was clean and spacious, we had a desk, a small bar area with a sink, fridge and coffee maker. The sofa was a sectional and the tv was a flat panel. The bedroom area was a nice size and the sheets and bed soft and comfortable. The toilet and shower were separate from the sink and counter. The towels were plenty and the hair dryer was full power.. sufficient for blow drying and styling. The breakfast was sufficient and starbucks coffee is available in the bar area for a small fee. The location is perfect and driving was not necessary in the evening as it is a short stroll to numerous restaurants. Many thanks to Danny in the gallery for making our stay very enjoyable. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking your time out to review our hotel. I am delighted that your stay was fantastic! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and our great location on International Drive. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you!
Northport, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel. each room is a "suite". Rooms have been updated with new furniture, so very comfy, & clean.
The Best part of the hotel is the service. When I checked in they only had soap from Mexico(my only complaint). A young gentleman named Andrew (I think in housekeeping) offered to go to store (hotels treat) to purchase a bath gel or soap of my choice. I declined, but thought that was a grand gesture. The HK I spoke with in the morning (Dimah) was very pleasant. I was very surprised when I was leaving the hotel that the person who had checked me in the day before remembered my name. Best Customer Service Experience I've had in a VERY Long time! I will definitely stay here again & recommend to anyone staying in Orlando.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M W
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted that you had an amazing stay with us! We hope to see you again. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Orlando Convention Center!