“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando
“Great location”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We LOVE Hyatt Place hotels, and this location is perfect. Free parking, walking distance to multiple restaurants. Very clean, great room layout for families with older kids who need a little extra space. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with questions regarding the area. Less than 10 minute car ride to Universal(don't use International Drive). Only complaint was small pool that seemed open to public (didn't need a room key to enter and was right next to parking lot), but the kids loved it anyway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne O
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Joanne,

It's a pleasure to hear your stay was enjoyable and that our location was perfect for you! I am also delighted to hear that our Gallery Hosts provided you with exceptional service! Our outdoor heated pool is open from 6AM to 10Pm daily to hotel guests, it's good to hear that your kids were able to enjoy it! We hope to see you back again soon, Thank you for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
NY, NY
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My 1st impression was great because of the very warm welcome I received from Kim at reception. But when I got to my room there was a very strong odd smell. Fortunately the window did open to allow in fresh air. The room layout is comfortable and spacious. The cleanliness - um a bit doubtful. There was a layer of dust on most surfaces. My 1st night a colleague and I took advantage of the free drink & appetizer offer. The staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. This level of service continued whether I was asking for help printing, getting a taxi or a restaurant recommendation. Overall I was impressed with the earnest good service and slightly disappointed with quality of the accomodations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is important to us and we like to ensure each guest has an exceptional stay! It does not sound like your stay was perfect and we do hope that you will choose to say with us again so you can have an exceptional experience. Please inform us of any issues you have during your stay so that we may correct the issue immediately for your convenience. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the terrific service provided by our Gallery Hosts! We hope to see you again!
Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Positives : The staff was very friendly and I was checked in pretty quickly.
Hotel location was perfect and in close proximity to the professional conference I attended.

Areas of improvement: Well I was excited to find that my room was on the 7th floor which I prefer, however the smell of the room was beyond offensive. It smelled as if there was a urination problem (or some other lingering smell - maybe the AC - I don't know) that they tried to clean up but didn't rectify completely. I was sick from the smell during my whole stay.

There are no vending machines so God forbid you need a cold bottle of water in the mIddle of the night. That would require a trip down to the front desk. I've never stayed at a property where you couldn't get a beverage from a vending machine.

I guess I expected more from a Hyatt property. Maybe if I chose the Hyatt Regency and paid more I would have been placed in a more decent and agreeable room. I guess you get what you pay for.

2 Thank TheDelicateMariposa
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We strive to make every guest's stay perfect and this does not sound like you had a perfect stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff! We do hope you will choose to stay with us again and please let us know of any issues during your stay when they occur so that we make fix these immediately, our Gallery staff is available 24 hours a day for your assistance, we want your stay to be exceptional!
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hyatt Place has the best complimentary breakfast. Hot skillet breakfasts and at this Hyatt Seattle Best coffee. Very friendly employees - one guy greeted us by name every time we returned to the hotel. Very clean - top notch. Only complaint but not a deal breaker was our room was not clean by the time we returned to take a rest at 3 pm. Think they need to consider cleaning rooms of guests who are staying more than 1 night first rather than the check outs first. But I'm sure if we request that next time they will accommodate as they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Definitely will be back.

Room Tip: I always request top floor away from elevators and vending machines
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that our employees offered you great service! Please inform us of your desired time for your room to be serviced on your next stay and we would be happy to accommodate your needs. We look forward to seeing you again!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms seem brand new and clean. Danny at the front desk was helpful an friendly. The breakfast--complimentary--great! I had fruit and yogurt but there was a full buffet. There's also a nice little bar.
I was pleasantly surprised. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
I am very excited that we were able to pleasantly surprise you! I'm happy to hear Danny was able to assist you and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! We hope to see you back again. Thank you for staying with us!
florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

this wonderful hotel is like being at home.Comfortable beds, plenty of space and good fast Wi Fi
The breakfast served is very nice and includes many choices.
The hotels location is excellent and close to I4 and many restaurants and a movie theatre.
Whether a family or couple this is a good choice

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to be your home away from home! We hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I truly can't express how incredible my experience with this hotel was with just words. What made my trip enjoyable was the outstanding customer service that was provided by Kim,Josh,Letha, and Farah who are associates at this fine establishment. They ensured that all my needs and requirements were met down to the point, and continued to help me through and through all the issues I ever came across. I definitely recommend coming to this hotel not only for its great location, outstanding food, and extremely clean rooms, but for its amazing associates.

1 Thank Emmanuel D
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Emmanuel,
I am so excited to hear how spectacular your stay was with us! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it! It's a pleasure to hear that Kim, Josh, Letha, and Farah helped to make your stay outstanding, I will make sure they know. We hope to see you again, Thank you!