Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
Ranked #214 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 9 nights during the holidays. Location of the hotel very convenient. The street has a lot of hotels and hence a lot of good restaurants around the area. Sea-world is very very close. They have shuttles to take you to Disney's Epcot (which is very well connected to other Disney parks), Universal resorts and Sea-World. The timings may not be very convenient, but all these parks are within close driving distance.

The room was fairly large with ample room to begin with. Nice and clean as well. The check-in was quick and easy. We were given the accessible room since that was the only one available for our family size. Kitchen was perfect. A little short on utensils. There were not enough plates and after asking the front-desk, they informed that they were the only ones available. Even the silverware was for two people only. So we had to content with using the plastic spoons from the breakfast area. The walk-in shower was not very convenient and flooded the bath very often. We had to block the water with towels or be very careful when showering to avoid the water flooding. Other than that the room was great. It would have been great if they could have shifted us to another non-accessible room with a proper bath-tub, but with the holiday season they were very much full.

Breakfast was decent - bagels, muffins, grain-bars, juices. But it was always the same everyday and after a couple of days, it becomes very monotonous. So we started cooking our own breakfast. Another inconvenience was availability of drinking water. The water fountain was only working during breakfast hours, so if you needed water in your room, you either had to fill it during that time and store it OR get purchase cans from outside.

Overall, the hotel is a very decent place to stay and very much family friendly.

Room Tip: Do not ask for the accessible room unless you want one.
1  Thank ShashiPatil99
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the convenience of our location. I am glad to hear that our shuttle service to the parks helped you enjoy your stay. I’m also glad to hear that you had a quick, easy check in and that the size and cleanliness of your room met your satisfaction. Still, I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the shower and utensils in your room. We will take your comments into consideration as we work toward improving our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The staff apart from two were always miserable and not at all helpful.Renovation work went on all night.The lift was outside our room right on the bed-head wall which was opening and closing all night.The grab and go breakfast was exactly as stated if you got there in time you grabbed the lot and go.The pool area was not opened even though we had a few good days of pool weather.Would i stay there again?>no thanks.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff attitude you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. It is clear that the information regarding our hotel and services was not properly communicated. I have conducted a front desk meeting to review this feedback and identify training opportunities for the staff.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Thank you, again.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The room was not bad and a good size. First the plus side. Good location yet quiet and private. You are near International drive and walking distance from Sea World if you're so inclined. The Village Inn is also within walking distance and although it's style is out of date the food was good and much cheaper than eating in the parks. The Hotel has a grad and go breakfast service with minimal items hence the grab and go. The staff were very nice and the outside of the Hotel was very clean with ample parking. They also have a nice laundry room and pool area.

Now for the bad. We had tiny ants coming from one of the sockets in the kitchen. The hallways neither looked very clean and smelled. We hardly ever received any room service but if you asked for towels and such they would give them to you. One day the headboard to our bed just fell off the wall. Luckily we weren't sleeping and they sent someone straight away. They have closets in the hallways where you can throw away your own rubbish which would be good but some people would just sit their trash inside of the door so not very clean. After being there for a week they started doing construction on the floor above us (loudly) and my husband complained. They did move us away from the noise to the bottom floor which wasn't very convent having to pack up. They did have a sign at the front desk saying this was going to happen but it was a very small sign and we were never advised when booking the trip.

For the DISABLED the walk in showers get VERY SLICK so please be aware! they also don't hold the water very well and on my first attempt flooded the bathroom. I then barricaded the shower with towels and had to wash holding the shower head. ALSO the seat gets very slick and you can fall easily. I ended up having to sit on a towel for some friction.

This is my opinion only so make your own reading the rest of the reviews. As I said for the money it's probably what you can expect. I will say the staff were very quick at responding to our needs.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our convenient location and our friendly staff made you feel at home while with us. However, I was disappointed to learn you had some unpleasantness. Please accept our apologies.

I will be using this as a training opportunity for our team. We value the feedback from our guests as we constantly strive to improve. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed there two different weekends. The hotel is in a good location. Close to the Convention Center and the International Drive. Rooms are big, with a full kitchen, stove and refrigerator. Sofa bed in the living room. Decent size bathroom. No shampoo,conditioner,creams.etc. included. Just soap. Nice breakfast included in the price. Bagels, cream cheese, jams, coffee and juice, enough for me. The queen bed is very comfortable and the pillows are great. I sleep like a baby until Saturday around 8:30am when I started hearing noises coming from the floor above. Steps back and forth and drilling noises. That is when I found out they were renovating the 4th floor. I was in the 3rd. :( They tried not to make too much noise but it was not possible. I dont sleep until late so it was not a big deal. Next weekend was the same. Renovation is supposed to conclude in March...?

Room Tip: They started renovating the rooms from the top. So ask for 4th or 3rd floor!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our location was centrally located for you and that you found our room and breakfast accommodating. My apologies for the noise level during your stay as we undergo renovations; we limit the contractors to only working during the day. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Katie-Lynn Webb--General Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This extended hotel stay was a great value but the staff at this hotel should get some training on how to welcome there guests and not try to rush you away from the front desk so they can do there personal cell phone texting. I would say if really hard up for a room in this area then stay here but do not expect any friendliness or helpfulness out of this staff. All but one person (the evening checkin person was great) were always either taking forever to show up at the front desk to answer a question or they were trying to rush you away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way our staff attended to your needs. I am disappointed to read that they did not provide you with professional, friendly service. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the entire team about this issue and am coaching them on how to provide better service moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Although the staff was very nice..the room was old, drab green, stains on the couch and carpet.
Sugar ants on the kitchen and bathroom counter.....
I got a good deal through Hotwire, .This was a quick overnight...but from now on I will only go to a three star and up. This place ifs definitely a two NOT a 2 1/2 star.
Continental breakfast was ok, but no one there to monitor the station and keep it clean.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

David - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was unclean upon arrival and our grab-and-go breakfast was not stocked properly during your visit. In response, our housekeeping staff is working to deep clean your room and enhance their cleaning procedures overall. As well, I am reviewing our breakfast policies with the entire staff so our guests have a full cart to choose from during the designated hours each morning.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked this hotel for a week when I decided at the last minute to extend my vacation.
I stayed here the second week in November. I stayed here after spending a week at Rosen Shingle Creek, and that was not available.
Pros: You get more than a room, with a decent sized kitchen that has a stove, microwave, and full sized refrigerator. I made breakfast in the room, and some dinners.
There is also a sitting area that has a sofa bed that I did not use.
The bed wasn't uncomfortable to me. It is not a bad place to stay with a family.
The price is right if you need to stay on a budget, and this is better than many hotels that go for a similar price. It is close to the convention center and Sea World.
There is an unheated swimming pool, that would be too cold in the late fall to early spring for most people,
There is also a small gym and laundry facilities.
Cons:
I asked for a non smoking room. The room I got was not designated non-smoking, but it didn't smell too badly. I drove to the Dollar Tree and got some disposable dishes, dishwashing detergent, and laundry supplies. I hit Walmart for groceries.
There was only one aluminum cookpot in the room. I asked for a frying pan at the front desk, and was given one, but I used my own that I purchased as a gift since I didn't like that one.
I bought Febreze and Lysol disinfectant and went over the room with those. Although the room was fairly clean, I chose to go over it myself.
The burners on the stove would not lay flat. I tried to fix them.
The hallway did stink of old cigarette smoke.
I did not like that I had to go to the front desk to request toilet paper when I ran out,
I had a cleaning day scheduled for midweek. I asked at the front desk that only the floors be cleaned and the bedding changed. I told them my sheets had scratchy fuzzballs. When I came back after the cleaning, the whole room had been cleaned, and the scratchy sheets had not been changed. I also had a collection of someone else's hair on the bathroom floor that had not been there before. Yeccchh. So, I got my Lysol out, picked up the hair, and re-cleaned the counters and tabletops.
I did not like the air conditioner right next to the bed. When it was running, cold air blew directly on the bed. The curtains had holes in them that looked like someone's cat climbed up them.
I didn't bother with the breakfast after the first 2 days. The coffee was lousy. At first they had some yogurt or granola bars, but after that it was just the muffins.

I know I can be picky. It wasn't bad, just average.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that cleanliness of the guest room was not to your satisfaction. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will coach our housekeepers to make sure your experience is not repeated. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of the room and the fully equipped kitchen so you could prepare meals during your stay. We are currently refreshing our property and converting to a non-smoking facility.