All reviewsinternational drivedouble showerthe breakfast areathe spring hill suitesbahama breezeuniversal blvdyogurtbedroom areafree breakfastwithin walking distancemini fridge and microwaveking suitebreakfast staffwould definitely stay here againsofa bedi ride trolleyrestaurants and bars
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center in November/December this year, following our previous stay in February/March. We have been staying at this hotel for around 8 years now, and have nothing but compliments for the hotel and staff.

The service and quality of the hotel continues to be excellent and cannot be beaten - All staff we come into contact with are friendly and only too happy to help in anyway they can.

The rooms are very large (not just a standard hotel room), and far bigger than other hotels we have stayed in previously. Each room includes a small kitchen area with microwave, sink, coffee maker and fridge.

The rooms also have two large flat screen TV's - One in the lounge area, and one in the bedroom area (so you can watch TV in bed).

The entire hotel - Public areas and rooms have all been recently renovated and are looking fantastic.

The breakfast has also been improved recently with the addition of some new items, including all the original items - such as Breakfast cereals, English Muffins, Sliced Bread, Bagels, Muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and sometimes canadian ham. Also a waffle machine to make your own fresh waffles.

Drinks include Orange, Apple, Coffee and a selection of teas are available throughout breakfast time, with water being available throughout the day in the reception area.

Internet is available throughout the hotel - Both wired in the rooms, and wireless in the rooms and throughout the hotel. Also free use of computers in the Business Center area of the hotel.

Reception staff were friendly and chatted to us through out our stay - A special mention has to go to Anna (Front Desk Supervisor), who ensured that an urgent message (from back home) was left in our room. Thanks Anna !!

This is our favourite hotel, and one that we always recommend to everyone when they are planning stays in Orlando - They have never been disappointed, and we haven't either.

The location is ideal for everything you need - restaurants, shops and attractions, but set back off International Drive so is in a nice quiet location, but is just about two minutes walk out the back of the hotel through the car park to get onto I-Drive. The green line I-Ride Trolley also stops just outside the front of the hotel, so is ideal to get the I-Ride trolley to Seaworld, Aquatica, etc.

Although we have only been back home for less than a week, we are already looking forward to our next stay. - Hopefully in the New Year.

Thanks once again to Bob and all your great staff at Springhill Suites - It is because of you all that our stay is always such an enjoyable one.

Thanks
Daniel (From England)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank djb2002
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

DB, thanks again for coming back and staying with us and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the US. I will share your comments with the associates so they may know how pleased you were with your stay and the service. Please let me know when you have planned your next visit.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel just for one night.

everything was perfect from check in to checkout.

Surprisingly the breakfast was really good.

Location is quite good as it is quite near from both Disney and Universal Parks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank harishlohar
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we're happy to hear you were unexpectedly surprised with the breakfast. Our team works extremely hard to provide quality food products to our guests to ensure your day starts out right. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I were luckily up early on check out morning. I say luckily because housekeeping came to the door knocked once and basically tried barging in. We had the lock on, so they didn't get to far, closed the door and left. We called the front desk to let them know what had happened. The Assistant GM emailed and apologized profusely and awarded us some Marriott Rewards points which I thought was a nice gesture. The Hotel itself was BEAUTIFUL and the breakfast left nothing to be desired. Everything was hot, and delicious! Will definitely visit this (and other) Springhill Suites in the future!

Room Tip: Can't really get a bad room. Relatively small hotel, so all rooms are quite accessible by all doors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carli828
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting us know about the early morning inconvenience from housekeeping. I apologize for the intrusion and we have followed up with the associate for additional training. I am glad the remiander of your stay was excellent and I hope on your next trip to Orlando you will choose us again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The facilities themselves are alright--my only real complaint there is when I first walked into my room it was very damp. However I attribute that to its location (first floor, near side door so a lot of in and out) and the weather (very rainy,damp day). Everything else is situation. I know they ask if its ok to be on the first floor, and it is fine, however could you not put a room in this location? The bedroom itself is right behind the emergency stairwell, so people using that bothered me in my sleep in the early morning. Being next to the side door, there was a lot of traffic and there is a considerable gap under the door, and the walls are not very well insulated so there was a lot of noise at all times of the day and night. No complaints about the cleanliness, decor, etc.

The location was decent, I had to go out and buy some necessities and food, and there's a Whole Foods just up the road and a Walmart, Target, and KMart all within a couple miles of the place. I was actually here on OJT for the weekend and it was very convenient to where I needed to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sinman0531

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry for the damp feeling room upon your arrival. I have asked maintenance to look into that room to ensure there are no underlying issues besides the weather that could have casued that. We make every attempt to honor all requests if they are made ie: not near exit door or stairwell, ice machines or elevators. Thanks again for your comments and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

As soon we walked into the hotel we were impressed with the modern design, and the spacious breakfast area. The staff was very friendly, and they even had cookies at check-in- bonus! Our room was very clean, spacious, the beds were very comfortable, plus the shower was great. The location of the hotel is between Universal and Disney- very convenient. We were happy with the breakfast bar- eggs, waffles, Canadian bacon plus lots of dry items. The pool was your typical hotel pool, nothing fancy, but we didn't go for the pool. All in all it was a great stay- we will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J A

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great comments you made about the breakfast,friendly hotel staff and the rooms were very clean. Our associates take pride in delivering clean accommodations and excellent service and I am happy that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you again soon!