All reviews international drive double shower the breakfast area the spring hill suites bahama breeze universal blvd yogurt free breakfast bedroom area within walking distance mini fridge and microwave king suite breakfast staff would definitely stay here again sofa bed i ride trolley restaurants and bars
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Weekend stay ruined by some poor management and bad luck.
Arrived Friday early evening. I had reserved a pack-n-play for my 1-yo son. I asked at check in does the room have a pack-n-play, Anna at the front desk informed me that she would have maintenance bring it right up. After an hour of waiting I went down to ask about the status of the pack-n-play and Anna admitted that they didn't have any more to give but not to loose hope that she was going to find me one. Four hours later I was talking to my Marriott rewards representative trying to change hotels when low and behold they found one a short distance away.
Why did it take a call to Marriott Rewards line to find a pack-n-play? The night was completely ruined, did I mention it was Valentine's night and this my gift to my wife, a short vacation.
The food - while waiting for pack-n-play to show up I ordered some dinner from a menu on the computer desk in the room. I ordered a pizza, some wings and mozzarella sticks. I had a bad feeling when the delivery guy made me come down to pickup my order and he pulled my food out of the truck of his beat-up jalopy. Needless to say, the food was cold, wings were nearly raw and the mozzi sticks had two mozzi sticks and a 1 chicken finger, really!?!!
After finally getting to sleep around 1am, hungry and cranky.
Saturday morning breakfast was hardy enough, it was one notch above a continental breakfast. Cold cereals, breads, waffle maker, scrambled eggs and a meat. The coffee was good, or maybe I just needed so badly it made it taste better.
After arriving back to the hotel on Saturday evening we come to find out that the elevator is broken, joy!! We are on the 5th floor and wait time for last remaining elevator are staggeringly long. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound right? We get changed and head out for dinner at Charlies, yummy.
We return to the hotel late, my son is asleep and my wife hurting because she is 7.5 months pregnant. I drop my wife and my 9 yo at the main entrance and leave my son in the car seat since he is fast asleep. I drive around for 20 minutes in a futile search for a place to park. I finally go inside to ask were I am expected to park and the clerk starts describing a lot down the street that I can park at. really!!?!
Luckily he saw the look on my face and let me park where I was, in front of the flag pole. I grabbed my sleeping son and proceeded to wait 10 minutes for the elevator. My son was now awake again and decided it was playtime so no one can sleep.
After getting up to my room I did notice that the cleaning staff did a fine job with the room. I did find a piece of chocolate behind the bed when I was looking for a power outlet for my phone and there was a piece of candy in the couch when I pulled it out to bed down my 9yo. But they did go above and beyond cleaning the high-chair I brought as well as fluffing our personal pillows.
Sunday morning we slept-in finally. We packed the room up and left.

I attributed the elevator and parking as bad luck, but looking at previous reviews it is clear these issues happen more than it should.

Bottom line: If you need a portable crib or pack and play, bring your own.
Get a low floor so when the elevator goes out you can use the stairs.
If the hotel is fully booked, get a parking spot early!!

Note: The staff was friendly and professional even when I was at my worst. They were empathetic and doing everything they could to fix the issue.

This was the first and last time I will choose this hotel for my vacation dollars.

Room Tip: Keep to low floors away from elevator in case it breaks. Bring your own playpen for infant children Get a parking spot early
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I greatly apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I completely understand how frustrating these problems were for you during your family vacation. We have immediately taken action on these situations with the correct department heads to help prevent issues like these happening again and to help make our future guests accommodations comfortable. I am once again very sorry but thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us as we value the feedback of our guests to help improve in any way we can.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum member, and so I stay in a lot of Springhill Suites. This hotel has been renovated since I last stayed here, and it is really nice - I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby, etc. Very nice. The hotel is clean and modern, and it is close to a lot of restaurants, etc. As for business travelers - the pillows and bedding are wonderful (not the case in non-renovated Springhill Suites!) The rooms are clean, and the internet connection is strong. There are also a lot of t.v. channels for a female business traveler (again, never happens at other hotels...I appreciate some Bravo, Oxygen, and VH1 when I travel. lol!). Anyway, this hotel looks great, and the service is wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KBoogie
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. When your travels bring you to the Orlando area we hope you will choose us again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location close to International Drive and Universal Studios. The hotel upon arrival has a very inviting property. As you walk in the lobby is very nice, staff is friendly, and you feel like you are going to have a great stay. After checkin you as you wait for the elevator to get up to the rooms and wait and wait you may already get a little frustrated. The elevators are certainly slow. I would recommend getting a lower level floor if possible. We were on the 5th floor so needless to say we had some wait times. The hallways are bland but nice. Once you enter the room it definitely is a good size. Separate kitchenette, sofa, tv in living area. The room feels increasingly smaller the further you get into it. The bed takes up nearly the entire sleeping area. The bathroom is nothing special, very outdated, and the room decor is little to non-existent. It makes you feel a little closed in and as if you just moved into a new place and haven't had a chance to hang anything on the walls. The bed is comfortable and the pillows are nice so you should sleep well. They do advertise room service but that is a little misleading as it's actually a company that provides it and there is a $15 minimum so don't expect if your thirsty to be able to just order a late night drink. By the front desk they do have some snacks for sale but you will pay a much steeper price. Overall the hotel has curb appeal and will offer you a goodnights sleep but little else.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and offer comments about your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry you found our hotel not up to your expectations in regards to the decor and size however I am glad to hear that the beds were comfortable and you got a good nights sleep. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I would say overall a good stay for business. It's close to the convention center and one street away from all the restaurants and shops. The breakfast was nice start to the day. One less stop to have to make before making it to meetings in the morning. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. Could use some minor attention to some aspects of the room like the refrigerator and some cleaning in the bathroom baseboards but over all happy with the cleanliness. I would stay again if back in the area for business.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments the clean rooms and good breakfast. Thanks for the feedback on the detail items in the bathroom as we will address these with our housekeeping dept. Again thank you for comments.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel has been upgraded nicely. The staff is very accommodating. The price is right ! A true winner ! I would not recommend basically for business travel, families will find it difficult to find activities at the hotel for children.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am glad to hear that you thought our accommodations and service were great. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.