and 1 more site!
GreenLeadersBronze level
Punta Gorda, Florida
“We love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've stayed at this hotel the last several times we've had to be in Orlando. We love the fact that it's within walking distance of so much but yet a little off the beaten path not to be in the rush of traffic and the parks areas. It's a short drive to Downtown Disney and the Disney Parks too. The staff is awesome and has been ever so helpful whenever we've stayed at this location. Great hotel, great location, great price too!

Green Features: Perfect! We love the fact that the hotel is environmentally friendly and correct. Thanks!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl K
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Cheryl0719, wow what a wonderful review of our hotel and thank you for pointing out the excellent service of the staff and surrounding areas. We're always excited when guests return again and again and find our service friendly and welcoming. See you on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Bay Area California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The major pro that this hotel has going for is its staff and location.

Unfortunately, the building as others have mentioned is in need of dire upgrade:

- from my experience smell that is referenced by others can be attributed to plumbing issue (had toilet backing up sporadically during stay)
- room decor is pretty much equivalent of any Motel 6 (bare necessities) with parts of the carpet trim coming off from bottom of wall
- layout of room is odd. Open sitting area, then bed is packed in its section (so much so must be tough for maids to vacuum around as there was potato chips crumbs under the A/C next to the bed upon my arrival

Company had booked rooms for us and I checked out after second night. Would of done earlier but was beat from 13+ hrs transit day before and by time got situated in hotel was late in evening on 1st night. Subsequently slept in past check out next day and being good corporate citizen elected to stay one more night and basically just use the hotel for place to sleep and shower.

That would be my guidance to others considering this as an option. Think back to shoestring budget in college and making road trip. When compared to other budget options in immediate vicinity, this probably is toward the upper echelon. However, keep in mind those other options closer to Universal Park (when you google) are known to have cater to the cities seedier individuals.

Overall if passing through and need a place to crash for a night, decent option. Otherwise must better options within short drive to get most from your dollar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Uninut, thank you for reviewing our hotel and I was dissappointed to read some of your comments about the cleanliness of the room. I have shared this information with our housekeeping department for follow-up. We appreciate the feedback, as always.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I will start off with saying that I already knew prior to coming that this wasn’t the top of my choice, from reading the reviews but I had no choice but to stay at this location, during my time. My first issue is the old moldy smell in the hallways, or I’ll say the hallways on the floors 4 on up. It immediately hit me in my face when I got off the elevator on the 6th floor and they try to mask it with the stick up air fresheners I noticed in the hallways but that doesn’t work at all. It was awful... then I went into my room and I had the same old, smelly, moldy issue. My sinuses immediately acted up and it was even blowing out of the old air conditioning unit ( which I hate those old units) so I had to have my room moved and was placed on the 2nd floor. It was much better but I still had to go out and buy up a lot of smell goods to put in my room. The bathroom toilet ran nonstop, the bathroom smells terrible, of an old dirty bathroom and I sprayed almost 2 cans in the bathroom to try and mask the smell but that didn’t work. The bathroom is like an old smelly jail looking bathroom with the awful wallpaper color and old light. Not pleasing at all. The only plus I liked about the hotel was the 2 head shower, the bed was ok and the TV had all my favorite TV channels and that was the main reason I stayed because of the TV stations, plus I got sick while there and wasn’t well enough to check out and move to a better location. I will stay at other Springhill suites and I have in the past but they were much more better than this one and more up to date and new. It seems like they tried to renovate over old, instead of gutting it completely out and renovating it. Oh and the closet area is a joke... and how did they expect for folks to walk around on that side of the bed with no walk room and I couldn’t even fit my suitcase over there or in the so called closet... that was the worst I have seen. That closet is a major joke and needs to be done away with. I travel a lot for work and stay at many Marriott brand hotels and I will say that this was by far the worst. The smells just drove me crazy and the old air-conditioning unit. I would only stay here again if I had no choice but it would not be a top pick on my list. But the front desk staff was pleasant and nice and the first floor looked very nice, as it should but other than that, this hotel is old as dirt and they tried to make it look nice and newly renovated over the oldness… The smell of the room and bathroom is stick in my nose now. it makes me sick every time I go into the bathroom. I had to turn the toilet off at night so that I didn’t have to listen to the toilet run and I had to keep the bathroom door shut because the smell traveled into the room. But other than that.. I survived my 3 week stay. I will say the manager was concerned with my issues during my stay and that was a great customer service approach to reach out to me about my concerns.

Room Tip: Choose floors on the lower levels.. the smell on the floors weren't as bad and you wont have to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Nichole_shields81, I am so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your visit. I am happy to hear that you found the staff nice and friendly during your visit. We appreciate your comments, good or bad, and thank you for reviewing our hotel.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm a local to the Orlando area and came in asking a favor. My kids were attending an anime convention on the north side of International Drive and I had a lot of office work to catch up on. We live on the outskirts of Orlando and it's too far to drive home and then back. I'd never get any work done and I really didn't want to be that far from them, just in case they needed anything. Since I'm gold elite with Marriott, I asked if could sit in their breakfast area to catch up on emails and take care of business. They happily obliged and gave me the lobby wifi password.

This is why I love Marriott and let me be perfectly honest, the staff has come by to see if I need anything at all. Very impressed with the level of customer service here and how well maintained everything is. My kids are at a convention at a budget tourist hotel. This is far and away a better investment; a slice of civilization a midst the tourist chaos that is International Drive. If you're coming to Orlando, you'd be well served to check this property out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David G
Dear David G, Thank you for the exellent review and I am happy that our associates took great care of one of our loyal Marriott Rewards members. We are always there for our firneds and when in the area, please stop by anytime.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Where to begin!? First, I called prior to arrival to inform the hotel that I would be late and needed my second room for teenagers to be close. Done!! Next, Fernando was there to great us upon check in, by name. He and the other front desk hosts went above and beyond to restore our confidence in Marriott and reaffirm our desire to achieve Gold Status. The dining staff and housekeeping were always busy maintaining the superb surroundings but not so busy to overlook a smile or warm, sincere greeting each morning. The rooms and surrounding areas were exceptionally clean and well maintained. We will definitely be back next year for vacation and my annual conference.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking pool. Floor was quiet
Green Features: We helped support green practices as we did not need our room cleaned daily or new towels everyday.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimmiez
Dear Kimmiez, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Fernando is one of our exellent associates at the front desk and we are excited you pointed out his helpfulness at check-in. We hope you can stay with us again in the future when in Orlando.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

There are a number of hotels right in this area but I know that the service at this property sets them apart from the rest. This was one of the best check in experiences I have ever had- the three people at the desk were very helpful and friendly! The rooms are perfect- spacious and exceptionally clean. I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to Orlando for a convention or the attractions. Great location!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alicia j
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear alicia j, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area was enjoyable.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The physical hotel and amenities are everything you need or expect. The location is great. We were going to Universal. Anna and Karla knew everything we asked and enlightened us on even more. They were both genuinely friendly, sharing their favorite take out restaurant and setting us up in the lounge because we didn't want to go out for dinner. We will definitely go back next time we visit Orlando. Oh, and the flavored ice water in the lobby was a very refreshing treat. Lemon one day and Orange the next.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle b
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Michelle b, WOW what a great review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that we met or exceeded your expectations and hopefully created a loyal guest. Anna and Karla will be very pleased that you pointed out their service and professionalism mentioned in your review. We hope to be able to exceed your expectations again sometime in the future.