“Business trip this time, but I will be back with my family”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #178 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was in town for one night in August and was booked at this hotel by a third party site. I arrived to be greeted by Anna. I've stayed at hotels all around the world. Anna is the friendliest, most enthusiastic guest services supervisor I've ever met. She was born to be in the hospitality industry. I truly can't say enough about how welcomed she made me feel.

The rooms are very nice. There were two queen beds along with a pull out sofa bed and a small kitchenette.

The breakfast was perfect. It's a continental buffet with scrambled eggs and sausage added.

When we bring our family to Disney, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and that Anna went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading some pretty challenging reviews, I was a bit worried about my stay at this property. With that being said, I am a loyal Marriott girl, but I was prepared to move next door to the Residence Inn, if needed.
My husband and I arrived after 11 in the evening, and we were warmly greeted. Our suite was much better than anticipated. I found the suite to clean and quite comfortable. There were two TV's, although we did not need that, but it was more convenient that having to move the TV to watch it in another room. The shower was amazing, and we had hot water every time we showered.
While I am not a breakfast person, I was pleasantly surprised with how many choices there were. The eggs, sausage or bacon were hot, being replenished as needed. The oatmeal was cooked exactly as I like it, and the muffins were pretty yummy. In case you haven't guessed, I did eat breakfast each day.
Although we never saw the cookies in the evening, we receive positive greetings from the friendly staff whenever we arrived or left the lobby. We know the area pretty well, but we wanted to try something 'different' for dinner, and the staff had many recommendations.
With all of this said, the hotel met our needs and then some... personally I enjoy staying closer to Disney, but with a conference at the convention center, this property met our needs and more. I would recommend this property; I think you will be pleased, as were we!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor, and it was really quiet... one individual was complaining about the A...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Beginningsteps, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We try very hard to exceed our guest’s expectations and we are glad to hear we have done this for your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and for you review!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited Orlando, FLA mid-July, 2014. Looking for hotel that was both comfortable and inexpensive, we stayed at Marriott Springhill Suites, 8840 Universal Blvd, Orlando. Were extremely pleasantly surprised to discover that this midsized hotel(just a few mins from Universal Studios Orlando) covered that..and more! Our suite was clean, (white bedcovers is a distinct initial sign as you only need a cursory look to observe any “potential issues”), inviting and comfortable. 2 tvs in in a suite means a lot when your group includes more than 2 persons! Hotel lobby and guest/general areas well maintained and very clean as well. Staff pleasant and welcoming esp from front desk and housekeeping…and breakfast was included. One would think that means bagels and coffee… not so… every morning there were scrambled eggs/sausage/waffles/ toast/oatmeal… and more!. (oh, and bagels were there too!) And the coffee was excellent. I’m a decaf person, and while most places assume decaf means watery coffee, not the Springhill Suites. Their decaf Artisan coffee was coffee! Regular coffee was good too I was told. Mid-sized pool was clean, enough so that we felt we had to “make the time” to use. One very sweet gesture I thought appealing..at 7:00 pm every night, a platter of “home made” cookies was set out in lobby for guests, along with coffee. Int’l Drive runs parallel to hotel, so close proximity to numerous restaurants/activity/shopping. Made for a great vacation. No complaints (and from me that’s awesome!) Thank you Springhill Suites, Universal Blvd Orlando!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Dee G, thank you for letting us know how pleasantly surprised you were with our hotel and the amenities in the room and the decaf coffee. We are always pleased when our guests let us know how they enjoyed their stay and the local area. We work very hard to ensure a clean, comfortable suite and an excellent breakfast the next morning. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for three nights at the SpringHill Suites and had a nice stay. Room had large sleeper sofa, desk, kitchenette( microwave, fridge, small sink), two queen beds, sink area outside of restroom. Suite was large and confortable.

The lobby area had a continental breakfast area that was extremely crowded each morning. It did not matter if you were there at 6:00 am or 9:00 am; always full of people on top of each other and long lines for food buffet area. Offerings were good though (milk, juice, fruit, cereal, breads/danishes, scrambled eggs, sausage or ham, waffle maker. Coffee/tea area was off the main hall.

Hotel lobby was kept clean We did, however, experience a rude employee who told us to wait when the elevator arrived so that he could mop the elevator floor and then told us we had to wait for another until floors were dry. When the other elevator arrived, there were too many people waiting that we had to wait even longer. This was the only negative customer service experience during our stay though.

The location was close enough to International Blvd and area parks, but also far enough to be less crowded. I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear ColonelAudobon, thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel centrally located to the attractions and local restaurants. I am sad that you noted the lines were long for breakfast, we have a lot of families this time of year which creates some short wait times at the buffet and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stood here while visiting my brother who lives in Orlando. Beautiful suite that faced the pool. Great breakfast and great price. Everyone was really friendly. Parking was a little scares at night but great location right around the corner from international drive which has everything form dinning to shopping to entertaining.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear ClaudiaPacanaro, Thank you for reviewing your recent experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite, the breakfast and our staff service. We all try very hard to make all of our guests’ experiences exceptional and we are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn, next door hotel, for two weeks from the 6th of june 2014.

The Hampton Inn customer service was TERRIBLE. It completely ruined our hotel stay but thankfully SpringHill Suites was there to rescue us, cheer us up and restore our faith in humanity with customer service.

They booked our shuttle service for us and made sure we got on it safely, gave us maps, remembered what parks we went to the day before and asked us all about it. We totally wished we had of chosen to stay here instead of Hampton. Next time we shall, and can't wait!

The two reception girls were lovely and bubbly and welcomed every guest into the hotel and had a lovely manner. Thank you ladies!

Love Steph & Danii x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zoella1992

Dear Steph M, What a wonderful review! We love to hear that our team went above and beyond for our guests, especially to help a guest in need. All of our team works very hard to make our guest’s stays positively memorable and we are beyond thrilled to hear that we have done this during your stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This place is ok If you need a place to stay. Restrooms need to be updated big time. View from 7th floor is nice. Location is decent. Front desk customer service needs to be worked on alot. For a last minuite deal for 6 ppl the price is fair. Rooms are spacious.

Stayed: July 2014
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Abbiii, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was disappointed to read that our front desk customer service was not up to par as well as the bathrooms in the rooms. I have shared this information the proper department heads for follow-up. However, I am glad to hear that the view from your room and location of our hotel was to your liking. Thank you again for your feedback.