“the most welcoming hotel ever!”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #173 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“the most welcoming hotel ever!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our 1st time to this hotel and were blown away by the 1st class hospitality. Anna and her team were extremely helpful and always answered our questions with a smile. The room was clean and spacious for the 5 of us (2 kids 3 adults). The location is safe and quiet yet convenient to everywhere. I-Ride trolley stops are right by the hotel; only 15 minutes ride to stop G4 to Universal Studios. Breakfast selections were great with hot entries like waffles, eggs, sausages etc. WIFI reception was very strong; we have no issues using 5 devices at the same time. Overall we were extremely pleased and would like to thank you again for Anna and her team to make our stay so enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Anna and our team made your stay positively memorable. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our 1st time at Springhill and we were very pleased with our 3 week stay, we had 3 rooms between 6 adults, they were clean and tidy but could do with some cosmetic update the rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed, never had that anywhere before!!!!, real plus. The staff are great very friendly and helpful a great advert for Marriott, we had a couple of minor room issues which were dealt with straight away.The pool was clean tidy and well kept, breakfast was good .worth bearing in mind that if your a Brit on holiday for 2 weeks or more a a lot of guests here only spend a few days at a time and it can get very busy at breakfast and the lifts get busy! The breakfast serving area is a bit small with the volume of people sometimes queing out into the main lobby.i would have liked some vending machines in the hotel, there is a small shop with some basic items/snacks which is part of the reception desk ,there is free wi fi with a small area with 4 computers and a printer. All in all very nice, would stay again and would recommend

Room Tip: people complain about the slow lifts so closerto ground floor may benefit some
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and rooms were clean. We are, however, sorry to hear that you had a couple minor issues in your room but we are very glad to hear that they were taken care of right away! We try very hard to go over and above for all of our guests and we are always glad to see comments like this so we know our hard work has paid off. Thank you again for stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Brooksville, FL
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My stay was 8/22 to 8/24; for business & pleasure. The hotel is a Marriott Brand and I have yet to be disappointed with any Marriott Branded Hotel. This Hotel is no exception and it's a fantastic stay off Int'l Dr! The staff was extremely helpful. Rooms were clean, beds fabulous (no snoring for me! LOL!) and the shower pressure really strong & wonderful! The breakfast was great. I do have one 'con' for this hotel & that is it needs more lighting in the parking lot. Very dark on the side section. Other than that, I definitely recommend this one!

Room Tip: Room outlet lets are few & a little dimly lit. Bring power strip & night lite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very glad to see that we provided an over and above stay for you! Hearing that our team was helpful and that our rooms were spotless really reflect the hard work we put in each and every day to make our guests’ stay excellent. As for the parking lot, we will look into this issue right away to see if there is room for improvement. Thank you again for staying with us!
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel offered all the best for less. I have been telling everyone I know about how I was greeted by 'every' staff member. They were always smiling, offering me any help and giving me great wishes for the day. I do mean 'every' one of them. The room was great and very clean. I even had extra towels on my bed in the shape of an animal, to welcome me into my suite. The breakfast had a good selection everyday of hot and cold food and did vary somewhat every morning. They offered a free shuttle to and from Epcot at Disney three times daily,and it was always on time. They had a good size pool area so I never felt crowded while soaking up some rays. The business area was large and well lite at all hours. I didn't try the fitness equipment, but I did notice others using it throughout the day. I had such a great stay at this hotel, so I am one happy quest and recommend it highly to families and single travelers (like myself). Actually it can't be beat.

Room Tip: I always request a room on a higher floor, away from the elevator. I was on the fifth floor (there...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to hear how our guest’s loved their stay with us and how it was memorable. Thank you for pointing out the benefits of our free shuttle, our relaxing pool area and our spotless rooms. We were glad to have you as our guest and hope to see you again in the future!
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was in town for one night in August and was booked at this hotel by a third party site. I arrived to be greeted by Anna. I've stayed at hotels all around the world. Anna is the friendliest, most enthusiastic guest services supervisor I've ever met. She was born to be in the hospitality industry. I truly can't say enough about how welcomed she made me feel.

The rooms are very nice. There were two queen beds along with a pull out sofa bed and a small kitchenette.

The breakfast was perfect. It's a continental buffet with scrambled eggs and sausage added.

When we bring our family to Disney, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and that Anna went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading some pretty challenging reviews, I was a bit worried about my stay at this property. With that being said, I am a loyal Marriott girl, but I was prepared to move next door to the Residence Inn, if needed.
My husband and I arrived after 11 in the evening, and we were warmly greeted. Our suite was much better than anticipated. I found the suite to clean and quite comfortable. There were two TV's, although we did not need that, but it was more convenient that having to move the TV to watch it in another room. The shower was amazing, and we had hot water every time we showered.
While I am not a breakfast person, I was pleasantly surprised with how many choices there were. The eggs, sausage or bacon were hot, being replenished as needed. The oatmeal was cooked exactly as I like it, and the muffins were pretty yummy. In case you haven't guessed, I did eat breakfast each day.
Although we never saw the cookies in the evening, we receive positive greetings from the friendly staff whenever we arrived or left the lobby. We know the area pretty well, but we wanted to try something 'different' for dinner, and the staff had many recommendations.
With all of this said, the hotel met our needs and then some... personally I enjoy staying closer to Disney, but with a conference at the convention center, this property met our needs and more. I would recommend this property; I think you will be pleased, as were we!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor, and it was really quiet... one individual was complaining about the A...
Green Features: They do suggest that we re-use towels, and there were recycling bins in the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Beginningsteps, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We try very hard to exceed our guest’s expectations and we are glad to hear we have done this for your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and for you review!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited Orlando, FLA mid-July, 2014. Looking for hotel that was both comfortable and inexpensive, we stayed at Marriott Springhill Suites, 8840 Universal Blvd, Orlando. Were extremely pleasantly surprised to discover that this midsized hotel(just a few mins from Universal Studios Orlando) covered that..and more! Our suite was clean, (white bedcovers is a distinct initial sign as you only need a cursory look to observe any “potential issues”), inviting and comfortable. 2 tvs in in a suite means a lot when your group includes more than 2 persons! Hotel lobby and guest/general areas well maintained and very clean as well. Staff pleasant and welcoming esp from front desk and housekeeping…and breakfast was included. One would think that means bagels and coffee… not so… every morning there were scrambled eggs/sausage/waffles/ toast/oatmeal… and more!. (oh, and bagels were there too!) And the coffee was excellent. I’m a decaf person, and while most places assume decaf means watery coffee, not the Springhill Suites. Their decaf Artisan coffee was coffee! Regular coffee was good too I was told. Mid-sized pool was clean, enough so that we felt we had to “make the time” to use. One very sweet gesture I thought appealing..at 7:00 pm every night, a platter of “home made” cookies was set out in lobby for guests, along with coffee. Int’l Drive runs parallel to hotel, so close proximity to numerous restaurants/activity/shopping. Made for a great vacation. No complaints (and from me that’s awesome!) Thank you Springhill Suites, Universal Blvd Orlando!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Dee G, thank you for letting us know how pleasantly surprised you were with our hotel and the amenities in the room and the decaf coffee. We are always pleased when our guests let us know how they enjoyed their stay and the local area. We work very hard to ensure a clean, comfortable suite and an excellent breakfast the next morning. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando.