SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #182 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 January 2009

stayed here in aug 08 with my daughter and partner the hotel was spotless brill location just 5 min walk to i drive. breakfast was great loads to choose from and hotel staff could not have did enough for you, hotel had daily transport to all of the disney parks and right outside the hotel the i trolley stopped to take you to seaworld. area realy nice with similar surrounding hotels its def the nicer part of i-drive with toma romas and a supermarket 5 min walk. would sef reccommend this hotel again and when i return to florida i will def stay here

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank IrelandEmma1

Reviewed 29 December 2008

We got a super great deal. I wish I could of gotten this place for another night at this price. First I have to say the Staff is Excellent at this place. The room was excellent and comfortable and the breakfast was great also even with the crowd the staff made sure there was food always available. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaRobley
Reviewed 21 November 2008

I booked this hotel for my husband and I for our short Orlando vacation. We are 26 and 27, if that helps the prospective. We had just a few days and I wanted a moderately priced stay. I had read reviews on TripAdvisor and felt it would be a good choice. Which it was.

The room was a lot cleaner than other 2 star hotels. The staff was very helpful. We booked our Disney and Universal tickets with their help, and it was very easy. One day we had our "do not disturb" sign up and the cleaning service still left a bag of towels on our door, which I thought was very nice. We were offered the Disney shuttle to Epcot, but we did not take it. It left and came back at 3 very good times in the morning and evening. We did not partake in their breakfast, but it looked great. The pool looked nice, but it was unseasonably cold, so we were not able to swim.

Negatives:
The only thing I didn't care for was the lighting in the bathroom (toliet and shower area). It seemed very dim and hard to see! The beds were a bit more firm than most, which did not bother me but I also didn't feel they were "comfortable" per se. Also, the bedding is very, very thin and again, not very comforting.

I would return to this hotel, and I do recommend it for the price.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsSnow
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Well, what can I say. From the moment we walked in the front door of this hotel, our holiday was fantastic. Louise and her staff gave us a wonderful greeting and seemed to genuinely want to help us. The hotel was spotless and all staff were so helpful. Breakfast time was fine and only had one day when we had to wait about 1 minute for a table. Choice of breakfast was good and there was ample choice. Room nice and large. One drawback I felt was the sink being outwith the bathroom. Having two teenage daughters, they like their privacey which was a bit more difficult but we managed. Maids did a wonderful job daily and left the towels and face clothes in nice wee bundles. Request to them for more towels was not a problem at all. Coffee etc on tap was great when returning from the parks before getting ready to go out at night, just kept you going. Hotel is located on a great spot as well. You look out the front and see fields, trees and horses. Just a two minute walk out the back and you have I.Drive. Lovely eating places at that point in I.Drive with Pointe Orlanldo having more upmarket shops and eating places. Pool not too bad but missed having the sun. It was still very warm so that made up for it. All in all, really great hotel and staff and couldn't really have asked for better. We will be returning.

4  Thank mojo309
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I have just returned from a 15 night stay at this hotel and it was all I had hoped for and more.The front staff are a credit to the hotel and set the tone as soon as you arrive as a place that is glad to see you and will do whatever it takes to make your stay a happy one.The rooms were great and kept very clean by excellent housekeeping staff. The pool was fine and my 2 children had the pool to themselves everyday except one time when there was 2 other children there.I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to orlando as it would suit all needs.

4  Thank cgelling
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My Girlfriend and I stayed here for the 1st wk of our 2 wk holiday to America (2nd wk in Miami) We both loved everything about this hotel, the staff were always really friendly and very helpful. The rooms were amazingly spacious 2 double beds & 2 T.Vs. The beds were really comfortable and a Godsend after a long day on your feet at the parks and the double headed shower was lovely and powerful and also always hot.

The compliementary breakfast was also very nice a waffle making machine and you could also make ur own Sausage and Egg Muffins just like McDonalds. Coffee and other hot drinks was available allday and they also had cookies at reception on a daily basis. There was also plenty of parking which was also a bonus.

This hotel's location is spot on, especially as a short work up the service road next to the hotel takes you to International Drive with a great selection of restaurants and drinking places. As we were only in Orlando for a week we concentrated mainly on Universal & Seaworld, which were all within a short driving distance. A couple of nights we drove to Downtown Disney which at most was 20 mins drive away.

It was my 1st time to America and we would definately stay at this hotel again, in fact already thinking of goin back next year and doing the Disney Parks and booking this hotel again.

Overall had a fantastic stay in Orlando and this hotel played an important part of it.

Mark & Jess (24 yrs) from South London

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MaverickLondon
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Just returned from our 2 week stay(11 Oct to 24 Oct 08). This was our second time at the Springhill Suites and once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The reception staff were extremely helpful. We were originally allocated a room on the second floor opposite the lift and when I asked to change to a different location the staff did all they could to accommodate us - offering us a choice of alternatives and making sure we were happy. The rooms are spacious with two large double beds (really comfortable) and a separate sitting room / desk area plus small kitchinette area with a sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There are two large TVs which meant our daughter could watch the Disney channel whilst we watched another. The bathroom was good with an excellent power shower and good supply of towels. There is a decent hairdryer. There is also a useful iron and ironing board in each room Our room was kept spotless by the maid service. The pool is a bit small but adequate - however in two visits to this hotel we have never found the need to use it as we spent our time at the water parks when we wanted to swim / sunbath . There is a room with a washer and dryer on floors 2, 4 and 6 which we made use of. The hotel lift can be a little bit slow when the hotel is busy but we never found it a real problem and never had to wait more than a few minutes for it as there are only six floors to this hotel The hotel is ideally situated in a quiet area but very near to many restaurants and shops on International Drive. If you exit by the back door and through the gap in the small hedge to the side -and up through the car parks you will be within easy reach of some good restaurants within just a few minutes walk. We highly recommend Bahama Breeze, the Olive Garden and Tony Roma's for excellent food. This was our second stay at this hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank minniemouse19