“Exceptional value for money”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #175 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Doncaster, England
“Exceptional value for money”
Reviewed 7 February 2009

I stayed here with my husband and 18 year old daughter in September. We spent 2 nights a the start of the holiday and another the evening before we left. It served our purpose extremely well, and I couldn't fault it. The location is good, the hotel is very clean and rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The rooms would accommodate a family of five, although practically, if five persons were staying in the room, space might be an issue. There were two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, TV, and a small kitchenette complete with fridge. A simple, but adequate buffet breakfast is included in the price which was a bonus. I would certainly recommend to others and would stay again if I were to visit Orlando.

• Liked — Clean, well located
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank MarW20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Great hotel for the price. a lot of kids due to the suite set up. Rooms are small, king bed had one side in the closet. Staff was the highlight, very professional, housekeeping was the best. Wake up call did not come 3 out of 4 days, checkout deducted $40 from the bill without asking. Good but crowded breakfast. Great location. Would stay there again.

• Liked — Location, service
  • Disliked — Small rooms for the King setup
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank MidwestJA
ireland
Reviewed 4 January 2009

stayed here in aug 08 with my daughter and partner the hotel was spotless brill location just 5 min walk to i drive. breakfast was great loads to choose from and hotel staff could not have did enough for you, hotel had daily transport to all of the disney parks and right outside the hotel the i trolley stopped to take you to seaworld. area realy nice with similar surrounding hotels its def the nicer part of i-drive with toma romas and a supermarket 5 min walk. would sef reccommend this hotel again and when i return to florida i will def stay here

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no bar
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank IrelandEmma1
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We got a super great deal. I wish I could of gotten this place for another night at this price. First I have to say the Staff is Excellent at this place. The room was excellent and comfortable and the breakfast was great also even with the crowd the staff made sure there was food always available. I will stay here again.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — could upgrade to lcd tv's but it had no effect on our stay
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LaRobley
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 21 November 2008

I booked this hotel for my husband and I for our short Orlando vacation. We are 26 and 27, if that helps the prospective. We had just a few days and I wanted a moderately priced stay. I had read reviews on TripAdvisor and felt it would be a good choice. Which it was.

The room was a lot cleaner than other 2 star hotels. The staff was very helpful. We booked our Disney and Universal tickets with their help, and it was very easy. One day we had our "do not disturb" sign up and the cleaning service still left a bag of towels on our door, which I thought was very nice. We were offered the Disney shuttle to Epcot, but we did not take it. It left and came back at 3 very good times in the morning and evening. We did not partake in their breakfast, but it looked great. The pool looked nice, but it was unseasonably cold, so we were not able to swim.

Negatives:
The only thing I didn't care for was the lighting in the bathroom (toliet and shower area). It seemed very dim and hard to see! The beds were a bit more firm than most, which did not bother me but I also didn't feel they were "comfortable" per se. Also, the bedding is very, very thin and again, not very comforting.

I would return to this hotel, and I do recommend it for the price.

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsSnow
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Well, what can I say. From the moment we walked in the front door of this hotel, our holiday was fantastic. Louise and her staff gave us a wonderful greeting and seemed to genuinely want to help us. The hotel was spotless and all staff were so helpful. Breakfast time was fine and only had one day when we had to wait about 1 minute for a table. Choice of breakfast was good and there was ample choice. Room nice and large. One drawback I felt was the sink being outwith the bathroom. Having two teenage daughters, they like their privacey which was a bit more difficult but we managed. Maids did a wonderful job daily and left the towels and face clothes in nice wee bundles. Request to them for more towels was not a problem at all. Coffee etc on tap was great when returning from the parks before getting ready to go out at night, just kept you going. Hotel is located on a great spot as well. You look out the front and see fields, trees and horses. Just a two minute walk out the back and you have I.Drive. Lovely eating places at that point in I.Drive with Pointe Orlanldo having more upmarket shops and eating places. Pool not too bad but missed having the sun. It was still very warm so that made up for it. All in all, really great hotel and staff and couldn't really have asked for better. We will be returning.

• Liked — Everything was great
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank mojo309
dublin
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I have just returned from a 15 night stay at this hotel and it was all I had hoped for and more.The front staff are a credit to the hotel and set the tone as soon as you arrive as a place that is glad to see you and will do whatever it takes to make your stay a happy one.The rooms were great and kept very clean by excellent housekeeping staff. The pool was fine and my 2 children had the pool to themselves everyday except one time when there was 2 other children there.I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to orlando as it would suit all needs.

• Liked — clean and modern
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family