“good, comfortable, basic value for money, good location.”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #166 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 December 2007

Stayed at Extnd Stay for IAAPA conference in November 2007. Third trip to Orlando from AUstralia, first stay here.
I found the desk staff to be friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had more space than a basic hotel. It was neat and tidy , nothing special, nothing terrible bad.
Location is good, just back from the Famous International "I" Drive within an easy walk to restaurants and entertainment of all styles. Yes there is plenty other hotels around it, better and worse. Would I stay again, yes at conference rate, not full rateIt was bed and somewhere to unwind at then end of a day.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank Crius
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

Reviewed 5 December 2007

Awww where to begin... there was just so many things wrong, it's hard to even discuss them.

1) I asked for a "No smoking" room, yes, there was a No smoking sign on the door, but as you walked in you were hit with this cloud of funk ... it was the smell the smokers !

2) Refrig. was broken...

3) The morning I was checking out, the Front desk couldn't get the room rate correct. There was like a $120 difference in the end. They couldn't fix it either, telling me to come back during normal business hours... Exactly how am I suppose to do that ? I'm getting on a plane !

4) The computer they have there for use, is so slow, it'll cost you $10.00 just to check your 5 emails !

Personally, not worth the money to stay here, I'll never do it again. Right across the street was another hotel that my buddy was staying at, and he didn't have one single problem...

Stayed: November 2007
8  Thank jmk86
hmnlge, Management at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2007

Dear Valued Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback via TripAdvisor.com. Comments such as yours are instrumental in maintaining our envied position as America’s leading family of extended stay hotels and a consistent Top 100 TripAdvisor.com Orlando hotel.

I do apologize for the issues that hampered your ability to have a truly pleasurable stay. We are complimented daily on our services and amenities so I take your concerns very, very seriously.

The management team has been forwarded a copy of your comments and they will work aggressively to correct the issues.

Again, your comments are so welcomed and we are truly appreciative of your time and patronage.

From all of us at Extended Stay Hotels, thanks for visiting and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 October 2007

Stayed between Oct 12 and Oct 26.

Check in was fantastic and quick, rooms were emormous and offered comfortable living space for 2 weeks with a family of 4.

Location was excellent quiet enough off of international drive but close enough to make all the connections required.

Housekeeping service was excellent thoughout the stay, any requests were dealt with immediately.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay. A big thank you to all involved during our stay

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank snazzysnaps
Reviewed 24 October 2007

Stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe Pointe Orlando October 5th to 22nd. Had a fantastic time at this hotel. Was a little worried from previous reviews but from the moment we checked in we had no problems. Staff at hotel were really helpful and friendly in particular Sandra on the front desk who was always happy to help. Hotel has a very good location if you are not driving as it is only a couple of minutes walk to the main line or green line routes on the I Ride and also the lynx bus stops.Hotel shuttle was ok but called at quite a few other hotels on route to epcot where it drops you off and often got very busy and hot but always turned up on time. Room was very nice, spacious and clean and we had no problem with housekeeping. Breakfast was bagel and cereals and pastry which we just used to take to our room to have. No onsite shop but there is a couple of supermarkets within a 5-10 minute walk. Laundry room with washers and dryers was handy. Lots of places to eat near by such as bahama breeze, tgi fridays , pizza hut , ponderosa, cafe tu tu tango. Pool was clean and we never had a problem getting a sun lounger.Found hotel to be great value(booked through Hotelopia) Would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Tufty99
Reviewed 7 October 2007

I have stayed at the Extended stay 3 times now and absolutely love it. On my previous 2 stays i had booked through travel agents and on my 3rd trip in September of this year as there was 10 of us I decided to book it myself through the hotel Alda at the reservations department was one of the most helpful people i have ever spoke to and nothing was ever a problem for her. The staff at the extended stay reception were always happy to help when we arrived i had no iron in my room and went to reception who said they would get one up to the room and by the time i got back to my room the iron was already there. The hotel is in a great location approx 1min walk to I-Drive and provides transport to Disney 3 times a day which is good as you don't have one set time to go. Hotel pool was always clean and tidy. Rooms were of good size and were clean only one of our rooms had a problem with the maid service which was reported to reception who dealt with the problem straight away. I have noticed in other reviews people writing about take-away menus being put through doors we also had this happen a lot but i don't think this was a security problem as you all probably get them through your door at home and bin them without even thinking anything like that. the room two doors down from us however seen the need to throw them back out into the hallway instead of just putting them in the bin 3 feet away from the door which was pathetic. Breakfast was served between 7 -10am every morning and served cereals, bagels, Toast, Muffins and fruit as well as tea/coffee and juices and and was really nice, tea/coffee was also available all day long. all in all our stay was fantastic and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15  Thank xEmmax
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We checked in on Wednesday and were told that "full housekeeping" would be done on Saturday. The only day we received decent service was on Thursday and it just went down from there. On Friday the beds were not made just the comforter pulled up. On Saturday not only did we not receive full service we didn't even get toilet paper or tissues. I called the front desk at about 6pm and was told someone was coming. I still went to the front desk for toilet paper and they had none. The head of housekeeping was there and also said the someone would be coming to clean the room. Someone did come but she brought us more towels since we did only have one washcloth, 3 hand towels and 3 large towels. She did not know the room needed full service and toilet paper. She did get us some toilet paper and said someone would be back to do full service for the room. It was also during this time we realized the dishwasher was broke and told this to the woman who brought us the toilet paper. We left at 7pm to go to a concert returned at about 11pm and absolutely nothing was done. No one came back after we left, everything was the same. I went to the front desk but it was a different clerk and he knew nothing about the problem. He said it be taken care of in the morning but we were checking out then. So in conclusion we paid for full service and did not get any. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is that it was in a good location.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
6  Thank slwmik
hmnlge, Management at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2007

Dear Valued Patron:

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to express your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Convention Center at Pointe Orlando. Your comments are essential as we strive to maintain a consistent level of clean, comfortable rooms, at an affordable price, with unexcelled service.

Our location is truly one over greatest amenities. It places both our first time guests as well as our long-time return customers in an ideal position to explore all that Central Florida has to offer. I am really pleased that choosing us for this reason ideally fit your vacation plans.

I am truly disappointed, however, to hear that your experience with our housekeeping services fell far short of satisfactory. We are frequently praised for our service, cleanliness, and amenities, so I take your comments very seriously. It appears that we did not meet your expectations regarding our established housekeeping schedule. Additionally, there seems to have been no follow through with our associates to make sure that your room was cleaned as promised. For this, I truly apologize.

I have shared and discussed your comments with the management team from this property and they have moved forward with steps to ensure that this does not happen to another one of our customers. A sign off log and checklist is now posted at the front desk allowing for the free flow of information between departments. Tasks are assigned and their respective progress and eventual completion can be reviewed by any member of management at any time. What’s more, the Hotel Manager has met personally with the housekeeping staff outlining attention to detail, housekeeping service expectations, and follow-through of guest requests.

With each comment, whether driven by praise or concern, we are building a better hotel. I hope you will return to experience these changes for yourself in the very near future.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional comments, questions, or concerns.

Chuck Gowing
ExtendedStay Hotels – Orlando, FL
407-903-1500

Reviewed 1 August 2007

We stayed at the ESD in Aug 06, around the same time as the security scares so were 12 hours delayed checking in. Thankfully we had rung ahead and the front desk was still open.

Overall it was quiet enough, although it has to be said that when we checked in there were 2 youth groups staying there and basically taking up most of the suites. They were extremely rowdy and messy and we were glad to see the back of them after 2 days. As has been mentioned before, we got take-away menus under our door most day and it did make us wonder about the security. When we stayed it was in need of a thorough deep clean and our socks were constantly dirty from the carpet. Apart from that, the suites suited us well and I would recommend them to families with young children simply for the space and the small kitchenette which is invaluable if you have kids to feed.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mo3art
hmnlge, Management at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2007

Dear Valued Patron:

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay last year at the Extended Stay Deluxe Pointe Orlando. It is comments such as yours that give us an opportunity to view our service, staff, and amenities from a customer’s perspective.

I am truly pleased that you were generally satisfied with your stay. As you mentioned, our suites are designed to be highly functional. Our full kitchen feature, which is available in all of our suites, is a favorite amongst families, like yours, and those traveling on business alike.

While I am troubled to hear that housekeeping issues and the unfortunate behavior of several youth groups interfered with your stay, I am pleased to report that, since your stay with us in August 2006, we have made several improvements that deal directly with the concerns you outlined. Firstly, we have expanded our housekeeping staff. We now have a broader team – each member of which is assigned fewer rooms ensuring even greater attention to detail. What’s more, we have upgraded and added several pieces of cleaning equipment giving our housekeeping and maintenance staffs the tools they need to provide an even higher level of guest comfort and safety. Additionally, we have implemented strict guidelines for youth groups with severe consequences to their members and coordinators should their behavior affect the lodging experience of our other guests. We are committed to ensuring that each guest is extended the highest levels of respect and courteousness from their fellow guests. On a final note, we recommitted ourselves to our “zero tolerance” policy regarding undesirable solicitors and have pressed charges against many of them. Our assertiveness in this area has certainly reduced the occurrence of these unwanted trespassers.

We aggressively seek out feedback such as yours and actively make improvements based on them. It is essential that we evolve and adapt to our guests needs. That is why your comments are so greatly cherished.

We look forward to your next visit. It is truly rewarding to us to see our return guests immediately notice the changes we’ve made. It is our hope that you will experience these changes for yourself in the near future.

If you have any additional comments, concerns, or questions, I eagerly welcome them and look forward to your continued patronage.

Chuck Gowing