Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #168 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay - 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9 years). Great place to stay for the price, with all the kitchen facilties and breakfast. Hotel is still being refurbished (pool was closed when we left), no handles on the kitchen units whilst we were there.2 queen sized beds and a new sofa bed with mattress - nephew had a couple of noisy nights before I took the packaging off the mattress for him. Basic housekeeping in rooms, but adequate for our stay (made beds, rubbish removal and clean towels). All the staff were helpful and friendly from room staff to reception.

Breakfast was a bit of grab it whilst its there - saw several people taking piles of stuff away to their rooms, I presume to either eat later or to take as packed lunches. Somedays boiled eggs, yogurts or cream cheese - other days all 3, it could depend on when you arrived for breakfast. Staff did a great job of tidying up after guests - mess left everywhere when there was a bin right beside them. 2 grills available in the pool area - we didnt use them as they were used it seemed every night by the same families who didnt look the most friendly - lots of beer and other bottles about.

Hotel is ideally situated near I-drive for restaurants, I-Trolley and Lynx bus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BrucefanLivingston
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We know guests have a lot of options when it comes to hotel lodging and we truly appreciate you choosing us for your 10-night stay. Our hotel has finished its full renovation and we are 100% complete. The hotel is looking terrific. I’m really sorry that we had to close the pool for one day due to pavement repairs during your stay. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and hotel features.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to having you again as our guest in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just back from two weeks in this hotel. We were transferred here from another hotel in the locality. The staff on the reception could not be more helpful particularly Jeanette and there was one other girl, whose name I never managed to get. The hotel is just newly renovated and the rooms were lovely. The pool area was nice and quiet. There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel but it is so close to International Drive it doesn't matter.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jen D

Jen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize it by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. It’s very pleasing to read your comments about our staff as our ultimate goal is indeed to make our guests experience the best it can be. Thank you also for your compliments about Jeanette. I am personally very proud of every member of the team, especially each member’s commitment to the most personalized, caring and individualized service possible.

I will definitely share your review with my entire staff with my thanks for another job well done.
Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I choose this hotel because have a full kitchen in the room and the price (first choice),but when I came here I was surprised by what I found: excellent service, safety and comfort. The location is excellent, the hotel is renovated throughout, everything clean and running, we have a breakfast with local products, quality and abundance should if however understand that the foods provided are the local standard of the country that may be different than we are used to in our country.
I will certainly return next year

Room Tip: The manager Ramon as I is Brazilian and greatly facilitates communication for those who have difficu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eduardo1961
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I choose this hotel for the price in first place. I want to stay in Orlando for six days for a friends reunion. I did not read what the hotel offers but when I arrive, inmediatly know the choice was perfect for the price. Ample clean and renovated room, free internet, breakfast, everything works in the room, a FULL size fridge, range and dishwasher...one night we decide to stay in the room and watch the game instead of go to a bar. Simply order food, bring a case of beer and stay home (well, almost) and enjoy the baseball game. I really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is my first time ever to evaluate a Hotel. We were Very impressed from the moment we arrived. This Hotel was just completely renovated, inside and outside. A young Lady named Katrina greeted us with a Great Smile and explained everything about the facility in in a quick but Very Nice Way !! All Rooms are Sweets and they are Super roomy and Very Clean. The all you can eat breakfast was Very Good with many things to choose from. I introduced myself to Robert, the manager and told him about our experience form check-in through breakfast. He was Very Happy to speak with me and said he would tell Katrina what a great job she is doing at the check-in area. We will Definately be staying there the next time we are in Orlando !!!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the swimming pool are probably a little quieter. We did not hear any traffic in our...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hjaysmith
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Robert, Katrina and all of our staff took such good care of you, and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and expanded breakfast service! It is our goal to make your stay feel like “a home away from home” and it sounds like we accomplished that.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Nice stay, clean, people are awesome !&&Nice stay, clean, people are awesome !&&Nice stay, clean, people are awesome !&&Nice stay, clean, people are awesome !&&Nice stay, clean, people are awesome !&&

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JDelNero
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our rooms and courteous staff!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We were very surprised with this hotel. It has been newly remodeled and updated. The room had a full fridge, small stove top, microwave and seating area. This is perfect for our family if five! The room had space to move around and options to eat in room to cut costs. Don't stay here looking for a 4 star resort atmosphere. It has your basic sheet, towel quality and room quality, but was crisp and clean. The biggest plus for this hotel in my opinion is the price and the room space and accomodations. Great for "extended stays" to allow for eating etc in room.
Location is just on road parallel to I-drive, and with in I-ride trolley route if you choose. Central location to seaworld and universal studios, and they offer a free shuttle to Disney. Would recommend for families wanting to save some money on their Orlando vacation!

• Stayed: September 2013
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

Address: 8750 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819-9358 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#34 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
#91 Business Hotel in Orlando
#158 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £61 - £157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando