Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #166 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Dirty room upon arrival. Kitchen counter was dirty. Doors were falling off closet and there was someone else's hair in the shower.

The beds were comfortable and the pool area was clean. Very nice location next to I Drive and Pirate Mini Golf.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Room was surprisingly spacious, 2 closets, furnished kitchen, comfortable. There were employees available to oversee the complimentary breakfast selections which were adequate. The pool was heated and easy to find and access. We were walking distance from various restaurants and a food market. Our stay from April 28, 2014 to April 30, 2014 was without housekeeping which we were told enabled the savings on our room price and to just ask if we needed assistance or additional items. I used the exercise room, which only had stationary bikes and treadmills, but not really any room to do floor work. We felt safe and cared for while at this hotel. It was easy to get in and out of the parking area too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anita J
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stay 5 nights, April 28th-May3rd, 2014, This place is near many restaurants and other activities, room was clean, just my husband and myself, my package didn't come with maid service, which was great for us, didn't want any one in our room when we where way. Extra towels or soap where available if needed at the front desk. The breakfast was simple, but a lite choice which was good for us we didn't need more then a bowl of cereal, or a piece of fruit, yogurt and a toast, nothing to complain about there, the lighter the better. I had a kitchen in my room so if I needed more in my tummy I could of cook. Didn't have time to use the pool, but it look inviting. Try out the laundry room, it has a nice setup. Didn't use the hotel shuttle to the parks so I can't say much about that except that I was glad that I rented a car, because my first day at Disney it rain hard, many people left the park, I wonder about the people at the hotel that used the hotel shuttle they would had to wait till the shuttle van arrived late in the evening or take a cab home.
I hardly seen the front staff, because I used the the back door route to my car. Only complaint was my first night, down the hall, @2-3am some drunk was pounding on his room door pleading with his wife to open the door. I thought at first what kind of place did I get, but after that first night I never heard any more noise. We enjoy our stay will recommend it.

Room Tip: Great place for families, and there are things to do in area if you get rain out from outdoor activi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaPeople2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for my recent conference held at the OCCC. It's a 1km walk but there is an option of a $2 public bus ride to the convention centre just outside.

The hotel staff were always accommodating to our requests. Rooms were large and clean. Breakfast was a bit limited but ok. The heated pool, laundry room and free parking are great pluses.

Good value for money and recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DrJohnWong
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in march for18 nights.
The hotel is in a excellent location, accessible to I- drive and all theme parks with lots of restaurants nearby.
Check in was quick and we were giving the choice of two rooms, as we were staying for 18 nights we opted for the king room.
The first day of our stay we had to report the fridge and the phone wasn't working in our room. Front desk took a note of this however after two days we reported this again. The second time reporting the issues the Manager was on duty and he apologised, we were offered another room however after unpacking all our items asked if the fridge and telephone could be repaired. An engineer did come that day and repaired the telephone and the fridge was replaced.

The rooms were clean, housekeeping is not every day which I new as I have stayed at other ESA, you are giving a full clean on the 7th day, we had to report that the room hadn't been clean. House keeping staff were friendly, my opinion there wasn't enough staff to clean the rooms.
The hotel was very busy as there was an annual conference on at the convention centre. During the weekend of the convention we had some extremely rude and inconsiderate guests staying in the room next door that were noisy and kept us awake for two nights.

Throughout the hotel there was rubbish left in corridors and the bins were over flowing with rubbish.
Upon check in I was told to come to the front desk for coffee etc, after a while this became annoying having to stand and wait in line and ask for coffee to be given one packet.
The pool area was clean and heated during our stay in march and the hot tub was a bonus. The hot tub was out of use for a day as it was getting some maintenance work done.
The breakfast was your usual basic items, bread, pastries, cereals, yoghurts on the odd occasion.
The coffee was decent however again not always working as with the toasters for bread.
We ordered some items to be mailed to the hotel and we were told that each item mailed there was a five dollar charge, the manager did waiver this due to the inconveniences we had with our room.
I have stayed in many hotels in Orlando and I have never had to pay a fee for parcels to be delivered to the hotel. I strongly feel there should be a minimum stay before a charge is applied for parcels being delivered.
Overall we did have a good stay and the hotel is in an excellent location however I don't think I would return to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelle d
Reviewed 3 May 2014

good family hotel, clean and tidy, excellent position just of international drive, 5 mins from seaworld, 20 mins from disney, would recommend for anyone from business to families. very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil2005
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nice place to stay. Very friendly employs. We will return. A lot of parking space. Near the the hotel a lot of restaurant. Not far from international drive an a nice area for walking or jogging. Plan you next stay to Extended Stay America.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JaimeAruba
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

Address: 8750 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819-9358 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#32 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
#91 Business Hotel in Orlando
#161 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £53 - £130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando