Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #162 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great value and quality”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked through priceline, very spacious room with couch and full kitchen. Many restaurants, movie theater, shopping within close walking distance. Very friendly and helpful staff. Certainly would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hoyatown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were a party of 2 adults and 1 older teenager who stayed at this hotel for the first 2 weeks in early July. Remained hopeful despite some of the less favourable reviews and were very pleased with out stay. Our room was large with 2 double beds and a robust sofa bed which my son reports was more than comfortable. The kitchenette, dish washer, coffee machine, microwave and large ice making fridge freezer was a real bonus. We also liked having a kitchen table and chairs. The bathroom was a bit of small and dated but unless you're paying considerably more they always are. We have previously stayed in other placed on International Drive and this was by far the best room and facilities we have found for such a reasonable rate. The pool area was good and although sun beds, chairs and tables could not be described as perhaps plentiful, there were always enough to go round with some to spare. There are 2 gas barbeques in the shaded area near the pool which was a great idea and well used by us and other guests. Breakfast is a limited to cereal, toast, juice and coffee - you have to be in there early to stand a chance of getting a yogurt, muffin or fruit. There are students at the hotel who descend like a plague of locusts as soon as word is out that there are bananas about! Piled high plates are furtively carted out of the dinning area (assume back to their rooms) before they return for another load. We later found out that the students are staying while working at the theme parks. I'm guessing the wages aren't great and to save money they're taking full advantage of the free breakfast - sadly at the expense of others staying at the hotel. A server was present at breakfast and she tried to ration the preferred items as best she could but she was up against it all the time. In truth this wasn't a problem for us but was a bit frustrating. There were occasions when we could hear talking and shouting in corridor late at night, but that says more about the other guests than the hotel itself. All the staff we met appeared happy and helpful and were always working hard, they were always more than happy to help with suggestions for take out and directions etc and if you needed extra coffee or toiletries for the room this was no trouble. The location of the hotel was dynamite - at the back of International Drive (Stop 20 North on the I-Ride) which was perfect for us. All in all as a family of Brits looking to stay close to all the action without breaking the bank this place was absolutely spot on and we would definitely return and recommend!!

Room Tip: Everyone on the 3rd floor seemed content while we were there but that could change on a daily basis
3 Thank jah4711
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love this hotel better than any one I've ever stayed. Before deciding to make my reservation here, I drove up and down I-Drive, literally going inside and looking around in every hotel (I live here but my family were coming from out of town). What looks good online isn't necessarily what you get when you get to some hotels, remember that. But this particular hotel far-surpassed the others in cleanliness and customer service. The reservation process was very easy and when we got to the hotel we didn't have to stand at the desk for long periods of time to check in. Our paperwork was already there awaiting our arrival so all we had to do was sign a couple of places and pay and we were on our way. We were very impressed at the size of the rooms. They have two gas grills outside in the pool area. This location is pretty quiet, however it was a holiday weekend and the guests in the next room over didn't know how to go to sleep and their kids kept running in and out of the room making noise. I couldn't sleep so I went to the front desk and they immediately went to that guest's room and handled it. And the beds were so comfortable. I could go on and on but you get the message. My family and I did not want to leave.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank dav08933
Citrus Springs, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When I first arrived I was pleased with the check in process, the young lady was nice. From there though it went downhill. There was hair on the sheets, a pair of underwear when I pulled out the sofa bed, toaster was broke, the shower did not drain ,roach in bathroom, when I ran the dishwasher it leaked all over the kitchen floor, and no matter what temperature we set the air to it did not seem to get cold. They did have restaurants nearby which was nice but we will not be visiting again.

5 Thank Ashley M
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Overall, my stay was decent. I do not think I would stay again, but not because it is that awful. Mostly because they do not focus on the things that are important for me. Unfortunately, I booked at the last minute, so I could not be choosy because most hotels were booked. So, here's the rundown...

Perk: Free transportation to the Walt Disney Complex. The bus left at certain times and made the rounds to MANY different hotels, but it was FREE. So, no need to worry about ridiculous parking at Disney, yay!

Perk: Free breakfast. Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast, however with hard boiled eggs. A bit substandard when you compare against other hotels that offer free breakfast, but free nonetheless.

Perk: Free parking. Who doesn't like ample free parking?

Perk: The rooms were clean and decent. They may be dated, but I think they did the best they could with what they have.

Perk: Within walking distance to many restaurants. MANY!

Drawback: Some of the guests are a bit discourteous at least when I was there. Often, trash was left outside of rooms or in the elevator foyer area on my floor.

Drawback: The room walls and doors are a bit thin, so you can hear what happens beside you. Good or bad...oy vey...

Drawback: The rooms are a bit drab. However, if you are a tourist, you will not be in the room that much anyway.

Drawback: While the location is close to a major highway, due to traffic, it can take an especially long time to get back to the hotel.

Drawback: This hotel is busy, not busy as you are eating with a full house in the dining area. More like you are running into and squeezing by people in the lobby and pretty much anywhere you go.

Drawback: Cleanliness of bathrooms in lobby. The bathrooms were always out of toilet paper, a big mess or with some sort of sign in front of them.

Overall, I think this is a decent hotel, but not my cup of tea. However, if you are traveling with a family, the free transportation to the Disney complex may make it a valuable find.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ElleTraveler21
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed 1 night here. We were greeted by a lovely young lady at the front desk. I believe her name was Danielle. She was professional and informative.The room was large with 2 beds and a pullout out couch. There was a fridge, microwave, cofee maker and small table. This would be a good place to stay with a family for the Disney scene. The bathroom was very small and appeared dingy but clean. Towels were small and paper thin.
Breakfast was non-existent. There were slices of bread( white and some sort of cheap wheat) , muffins, apples,cold cereal,cofee and juice.There were supposedly yogurts but not replenished while we were trying to eat. Limited seating was available. Oddly enough, the housekeeping staff(4) took up seats and actually walked in front of people taking food that the guests were attempting to get for breakfast. They were downright rude. The manager(?) seemed friendly but was too busy on her phone/ having a cigarette to actually stop for guests to ask a question.
Check-out was easy and staff member at desk was pleasant and helpful with directions.
This was a quick stay for a low cost...that would have to be the circumstances again to stay again.

1 Thank MichaelsMommy
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room is a bit dated but has a full kitchen, living room and the beds are really comfortable. My kid loved it. It is at 5 minutes from Wet and wild and 8 minutes from Universal studios. There are also a lot of restaurants nearby. They have free breakfast but is just toasts, cereal, coffee and juice. Not much but it was ok. I really enjoyed my stay and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family