“Good stay”

Ranked #119 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

After staying here previously a few years ago and having a good experience then I decided to return. Arrived here early to check in as had just disembarked the Disney cruise line (afraid I was working not holidaying) was extremely tired and knowing I was early asked if it was possible to check in and didn't mind waiting! The reception staff did not moan about me being early said that was fine and gave me keys etc and directed me to my room! I entered my room and was that exhausted that I dumped my bags and slept from around 3 until 9! Best sleep ever!!! The hotel itself is just as I remembered with a little wear and tear but that's to be expected. Staff were lovely and the room was just what I needed with a nice comfy bed! If I ever return to orlando I shall return here.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Bobs5678
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Bobs5678, I am very glad that you were able to rest comfortably with us! We look forward to seeing you upon your return to Orlando!

Thanks for your review!

Samantha Matos
Email: Smatos@rosenhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice friendly hotel in the heart of International Drive.
Comfy 2x double beds in room plus fridge, microwave coffee etc
They allow free use of PC and printer for airline check in. Small charge for general surfing.
Always stay here before and after flights..................................................

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the gardens - less noise from the road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Frank089, thank you for a great review!

We are happy to read your flights into Orlando always bring you to stay with us! I hope a near future trip brings you for another great stay to our Rosen Inn!

Thank you.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First time in Orlando last year and we had a great time at this hotel. So much so that we're staying here again in October this year! Just hope we get the same room! We did request the location of the room last year via e-mail and they put us exactly where we wanted to be and the room was lovely (We struggled a little with the amount of storage available for the four of us, but it wasn't a major issue). The staff were friendly and helpful and the few slight issues we did have were dealt with quickly and to our satisfaction. They were very polite and happy to help. The grounds and pools were superb, well maintained, clean and litter free and great for when you want a day off from the parks. Plenty of towels and loungers available too. The location is perfect for a busy park holiday. We hired a car so not sure about any shuttle service but great position for all parks if you're driving and there are plenty of shops, bars and eateries within walking distance if you're not. Great hotel, Great location, Great price.....we even loved the lizards in the gardens.

Room Tip: The high rooms with a pool view are fabulous.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank fletcher147
fletcher147,

I am glad you enjoyed the lizards! They are quiet abundant here in Central Florida. Thank you for offering our future guest a great review of our hotel. We appreciate it so much. Thank you for choosing Rosen Hotels & Resorts. We hope to see you again soon!

Glasgow
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel simply because it was the cheapest on offer which looked decent. After staying here for two weeks, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and would probably choose the Rosen International over any cheaper hotels.

Rooms are large and well equipped. Ours had two double beds, but I understand you can choose a room with one king size if you prefer. Storage wise, we had a large double wardrobe (with full length mirror), and a large chest with six drawers. There is also a small desk with chair and bed-side table. Rooms offer a complimentary safe, in which you set your personal code. Sliding doors lead through to the bathroom/kitchen, which looks a bit strange but does the job. Basically, the toilet and bath/shower are in one little room, and the sink in another along with a microwave and fridge (which is a decent size). The room comes with a TV, hairdryer, iron and board, microwave and coffee maker- which they replenish daily. The only thing missing is really a kettle, so bring a travel one if you need your tea.

The hotel has two pools, and a kiddie pool, all with plenty of loungers and seats. Towels are also complimentary. I never saw the pool full at any point, and there is none of that rushing down at the crack of dawn to get your towels out. There is also a little play park. There is a restaurant within reception open for breakfast and dinner, as well as a bar, lounge and mini-mart.

All of the staff were approachable and very helpful.

The hotel is located at stop 15 for the I-trolley, and also accessible by Lynx bus no.8. Both are $2 a trip. It's pretty much in the middle of I-drive, with plenty of restaurants and activities nearby. The hotel offers free transport to universal (book at reception 24hrs in advance). You could walk to wet n wild in ten minutes, and get the bus or I-trolley to Seaworld and Aquatica within fifteen minutes. To get to Disney, they tell you to either book hotel transport ($19 adult return) or arrange with Mears ($20 adult return). We did this twice on for times we knew we'd be staying at the park for fireworks etc and would be tired. However, if you're going to one of the Disney parks just for the day and are on a budget then get a Lynx bus 8 from stop 15 and get a day ticket $4.50. Get off at Seaworld and then get the Lynx 50 right to the Disney ticket and transportation centre, from which Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios are easily accessed. Any of the other Disney parks will be a bit of a faff to get to, but you can just to the one of the Disney hotels from there and get on one of the buses (once you're on Disney property all their transport is free). It is a bit more hassle, but you're effectively getting there for a quarter of the price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Estrella91
Estrella91!

Thank you for a great review! We are so happy to read everything was conveniently located for you. I am very pleased by your informative review… the details you provided help our future guest when choosing to stay with Rosen Hotels & Resorts! Thank you again.

Santos, SP
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Fab location on I drive and I trolley stop outside complex. The hotel and the room was very clean. Close to McDonald's, Pizza hut, Olive Garden, Bj's Brewery and a lot of bars, like hooters, Twean Peaks, etc.

Beautifull Garden and Pool, It is a great deal to people who is lokking for some place to rest after the Disney and Universal Studios.

Room Tip: All the roons looks equals.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Vendrame2
Vendrame2,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again soon in the future as the I-drive area continues to grow! Safe travels!

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a fantastic holiday. When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist realised that whoever had booked our room had booked the wrong one as I am in a wheelchair, and the room was on the first floor. She promptly rebooked us into a ground floor, disabled room. Our room was in a very pleasant, peaceful part of the hotel, looking out over a fountain and grassy area. We had breakfast in the hotel most mornings, and my only real complaint was that they cooked the bacon far too crispy, but apparently that is the American way, my wife also likes it that way - because if this I son discovered waffles and maple syrup, they were very filling and very tasty. The restaurant meals in the evening were also very good and god value for money. The hotel was always clean, the rom was very pleasant, it had a fridge, micro and coffee maker, my only criticism being that there was only enough drink making stuff for one drink, which we usually had when we woke up in the morning, so we had to make use of the hotel shop and buy more drink making things, and improvise with the machine. There is a travel counter in the reception are where trips and excursions can be booked, and the assistants were very helpful. All in all , we had a fantastic holiday and for the first time in my life I had tears in my eyes when it was time to leave, I had enjoyed it so much, and it takes a lot to make me feel that way.

Room Tip: Tell your agent if you want lovely or quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank David H
Wow, David H! Thank you for a beautiful review.

We strive to make every aspect of your stay positive! I am so pleased to read you had an enjoyable time with us and hope to have you return for a future holiday with us soon. You may contact me personall for your next visit. Thank you, again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel and again we weren't disappointed! We arrived to check in and were greeted by friendly staff who answered all our questions, including ones about the area and what restaurants were near by. Our room was in block d on the 6th floor facing main road. I was concerned about traffic noise but we were never bothered by it any night, infact the only noise we heard was from the pool 6 floors down! The room was clean when we arrived and was clean every day when we returned from the parks! The room we stayed in had a great view of wishes fireworks! We used the hotel shuttle to universal twice which was easy to book. There is a hotel shuttle to Disneyworld but was a little pricey so we only used this once as the public bus stops right outside the hotel. Didin't eat in the hotel but the Deli and coffee/gift shops were all reasonably priced and a good place for a quick snack. The pools were clean with plenty of sun loungers and there were always towels available, even being changed throughout the day.Overall a fantastic hotel for an amazing holiday! Would definitely stay here again if we return!

Room Tip: If you don't want the outside noise request a room facing away from the pools and busy road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine B
Catherine B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate a great review and hope you choose us again in the near future! Wishes from the Magic Kingdom is a beautiful sight! I am so happy you were able to view them from your room. Thank you, again! Safe Travels!