“Loved My Holiday”

Ranked #120 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Loved My Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great for a good price hotel for 2 weeks to explore Orlando.

On arrival we had to add our Friend onto the room which cost nothing as she just booked her flight and we knew there would be 2 double beds in the room. Staff were really friendly in helping us with attractions and anything else we needed. I wouldnt buy my water or anything from the hotel as its works out quite a bit more expensive. The walmart is just a 2 minute drive away.
Rooms were cleaned good enough as we made such a mess. We didnt spend a massive amount of time in the hotel as there is so much to around Orlando and Florida. I dont see the point in going to Orlando to stay in the hotel the whole time.

This hotel was in the perfect place. It was perfect for when me and the girls stayed out late as McDonalds was right next door. In the morning perfect for breakfast as Dennys is just next door. As well as other places but these were the ones we were regulars at for our 2 weeks. We never ate in the hotel so cannot comment.

I cant fault the hotel as we were most likely the most annoying people staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SPenney16
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

We appreciate your wonderful review from you and your friends. We hope you will have another opportunity to come to Orlando with your friends for another fantastic stay!

Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here in June as a party of 6 for two weeks. The booking was made by a family friend who had stayed here previously. After looking up some of the reviews of this hotel I would say I had, not high expectations but thought the hotel was of 3-4* standard.

My initial impression was not amazing. The lobby area was nice, reception staff were a little indifferent and 1 of the rooms were 'not ready' because of a late check-out. We were allocated three rooms situated near each other on the 6th floor over-looking the carpark (not the best location). The structure of the hotel rooms are very open which means you can hear people walking past and glancing into your room which was a little unnerving at times. If you want some natural light to enter the room you will need to sacrifice your privacy as the inner curtain was very sheer and allowed a clear for outsiders into your room.

The room itself was okay, below average, the decor was outdated but for the price you pay you're given all the basic amenities, e.g. air con, mini-fridge hair dryer etc. The beds were comfortable, bathroom was slightly disappointing - the toilet had growing limescale inside the bowl which was unsightly.

After a few days of settling in I noticed an insect bite on my arm that was itchy, red and swollen. I put it to the back of my mind as an unfortunate one off. However, the next day I discovered more bites on the same arm and on both legs. I went to the pharmacy for some cream in which the consultant immediately asked whether I was staying in a motel as the bites were indicative of red ant bites. This finally came to light as my boyfriend unknowingly left a packet of unopened sweets on the dressing table and the next day as I was getting ready I saw a mass gathering of red ants crawling all over the sweets packet. Disgusted I called up housekeeping and requested a change of all sheets, towels and clean up of that area. By then I had discovered more bites on both shoulders, right foot and toes!! And later that night on my finger!! After returning to the room at night, I inspected the dressing table and found dozens of ants still crawling about the table. A family friend came to inspect the room and found a large trail of red ants on the bottom of the wall entering through a gap between the wall and front door by the dressing table. We took pictures and captured an ant for the hotel staff to inspect. This was around 11pm and extremely frustrated I called up reception to alert them of this in which they were not apologetic. We went down to complain in which something was finally done, they offered to move us to a king size room the other side of the hotel. Again, their attitude was indifferent until we mentioned that we found red ants to which they became more alarmed and sent someone to check.

We packed our stuff as quick as possible as I could not stand one minute of being in that room. My bites were growing in number and size which ruined the first week of the holiday as I was extremely irritated. The rest of my party was fine, their rooms were inspected and nothing was found, maybe I was just extremely unlucky.

Fortunately, the next room was fine but after my experience at this hotel I would not stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Catherine H,

I apologize profusely for the situation you faced during your stay with us. However, I am pleased to read that the situation was turned around and taken care of by the front desk. If you would like to discuss this situation further… please do not hesitate you contact me personally. Thank you for your review. Safe travels!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My son and I headed to Orlando for Memorial Day weekend. I got a good rate for this hotel off Groupon and based on reviews I felt it was a good choice and upon arrival and throughout my stay I couldn't agree more. This is definitely a gem and very close to the theme parks. Check in was smooth. The front desk was friendly and very helpful in guiding me. The hotel doesn't have hotel shuttle so be prepared to pay at least $45 cab fare to and from the airport. The shuttle to the parks only run in the morning so on our first day we had to take the Itrolley to Seaworld but its very cheap. Total $3 eachway for my son and I. The hotel is on Idrive and theres so much to do and many places to eat nearby. The property is maintained well. The arcade onsite and the pool was a hit for my son. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, junbabe78!

It reads as though you and your son had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Thank you so much for your review. We cannot wait to have you and your family return!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I wasn't happy when I first arrived as I went to check in they said our room wasn't ready... baring in mind it had been a 9 hour flight and it was 3pm, this really put a downer on the start of the holiday however I really love the rooms in this hotel nice and spacious, we didn't get meals included but we paid and had the breakfast a couple of times, they didn't really have much choice to be honest every day was the same... The rooms are very dark as well the lighting could have been better especially in the bar!!!, the staff at lite bite was really friendly! Especially the guy! Going to miss him! The two gents that work in the pub are lovely! Unlike the woman who worked there think her name is Edna. . She was really rude, and looked as if she couldn't do her job, the pub was full of dirty glasses that had been there ages! The reception staff wasn't much better to be fair, location was brilliant right next to big mc Donalds! I would probably return but the staff need sorting out!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your stay, Steph C!

It seems like you enjoyed it but the small issues you ran into with the staff are definitely concerning.

I have sent this review to Tony, Assistant General Manager, and he is looking into it for us.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel lobby and rooms were very clean and remodeled. We stayed on the 9th floor. The Hallway to the rooms was very low and reminded me of the shining. It was creepy. The buffet was so so and over priced

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks, Joyfulmusing!

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time on property.

Please visit us again soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

stayed here for two weeks with my partner, the hotel was very clean and well presented. Our room was right at the top (6th floor) facing the pool and we had a gorgeous view (thanks to troy who I emailed before leaving). Room had two beds which were sooo comfy! Everything else was great, maid tidied the room perfectly everyday. Towels replaced etc. Noise wasn't really a problem but I can understand why people get annoyed at the talking and footsteps outside the rooms.
Hotel is in an amazing location, we loved it. All near great food places, we walked to longhorns, bj' s, hooters, wet n wild, universal. Was further away from seaworld/discoverycove/aquatica, about a 10 min ride on the bus. Word of advice about the buses!! Get the lynx bus, not the iride. Irides are always packed, come rarely with no timetable and don't go to go to Disney. Both bus stops are right outside the hotel. To get to Disney you need to get the 42 towards seaworld then get off, walk a few seconds to the lynx stop and get the number 8. Takes ages though so keep that in mind if you are staying on idrive. We only used the shuttle for universal which was fab. Didn't want to pay the 40 dollars for the Disney one!
Pools were lovely, nice and cool for the hot weather with towels around. Hotel shop and breakfast is expensive I wouldn't bother when there is everything around the hotel, but good for convienience.
Bad note about my experience- guest services! I queued for ages to book a shuttle to universal and there was only 2 people on the desk. People in front were taking ages which obviously isn't the hotels fault but they could have brought a member of staff on as I was there for so long, about half an hour.
Overall, a great hotel and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank pp3216
Can’t wait for you to come back, rach3216!

Thank you for the awesome 5 stars…we appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks again,

Wales, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a great hotel in a fantastic location and amazing value for the price and should really have deserved a rating of 5. Following my e-mail request to Mr Troy Shoemaker our room was in the exact location I had asked for and I can't thank him enough for his assistance and prompt reply. The Front Desk and restaurant staff were very polite and helpful.
All this was spoilt, however, by a total disregard for my health. One evening, a letter was left in our room informing us that the carpet was to be shampooed the next day. I immediately phoned the Front Desk and asked them not to as I suffer from allergies to chemicals. It was agreed that they would not clean our carpet, but a few days later we arrived back at our room to find a notice informing us that the carpet had been cleaned and it was soaking wet. Luckily I did not suffer too badly, only some sneezing and slight tightening of my chest. What a total disregard the staff of this hotel have for customer comfort and safety! I spoke again to the Front Desk staff but no manager or hotel representative bothered to contact me with an apology.
As has been mentioned in other reviews, we chose to pay for a late check out. I had been given new keys that were supposed to work until 3pm but they stopped working early in the afternoon. Also, we were phoned in the morning to ask when we were leaving. What started as a great holiday ended with a bad taste because of the inconsiderate actions of this hotel

Room Tip: Upper floor of 2-storey blocks - fewer inevitable insects and less noise from people walking above...