“You get what you pay for”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #119 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel 3 times it's basic great location loved Miller's Ale house I rides and lynx bus cheap why pay for an expensive hotel when you will be spending at least 10 hrs or more in the parks

Room Tip: Rooms at rear get the noise from the traffic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to update us on your experience, dean c.

Thank you very much.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,931)

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for ten nights and the hotel was perfect for my vacation with my younger kid. It does everything it promises. Excellent location too. I decided to write this comment in order to be fair with the staff and the services I was offered. Well done

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Alessio S

Happy to have your approval, Alessio S!

Thank you so much for that. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed for 12 days during July. It was well located on International drive with an I Ride stop outside the hotel. The room was clean with good air con. The bathroom could have done with renovation as the shower fixing was coming away from the wall. The pool area was nice if you wanted some time away from the parks. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The guest services desk could have done with extra staff at busy times. There is a free shuttle to universal but avoid their sea World shuttle as the I ride goes right there and is much handier. Breakfast was ok although service could be slow during busy times. Dinner was horrible. I would eat out or get take away. Tasteless, over cooked and cold and that is being kind. The staff at this time were overworked and rude as a result. Saying that this is a very handy budget hotel if you want a base to explore the parks.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool not the busy road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciara2013

Ciara2013…thank you very much.

We appreciate your kind words about the hotel.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My first review, so here it goes..
This is my 4th time in Florida, and 1st time in a hotel here (all other stays were in a villa, with family)
Currently staying here in the Rosen inn, and have been here since the 9th July.
First impressions of hotel was that it looked very clean and grounds are kept immaculate.. upon arrival to the front desk we were seen to immediately and within 5mins had our keys..
As a smoker, here is where I asked the question "where are your smoking areas?" To which the guy replied "there aren't any, just smoke outside your room".. quite odd.. seen a few reviews on this matter, so thought I would mention this, as I don't believe in making people who don't smoke be put around it, would rather go to a smoking area..
Upon getting to the room (3602) we had a beautiful view, could see universal studios, fun spot, and I-drive, which looks amazing at night.. room was clean and tidy.. bit outdated but who cares when your out all day in the parks? Will agree with many other posts, the air con is very noisy, and to those light sleepers will probably keep you awake.. all the things you need in the room: safe, tv, hair dryer, coffee maker, fridge etc..
The beds and pillows are so comfortable!
Security is posted at both entrances checking everyone's passes and they do a lot of waking around the grounds and by the rooms, which I though was very good..
The shop is very convenient, but a bit pricey.. cannot comment on food, as we never ate here.
The hotel is in a very convenient location on I-drive for breakfast, lunch and dinner..
Also cannot comment on the transportation services, as we had hired a car.. i would say, in the car..hotel is 10 min drive from universal, 15min from sea world/aquatica, and around 30mins from Disney(all traffic dependant of course).
To experience the whole of Florida, I would say you definitely need a car..
Overall, this hotel is clean and tidy and is a good place to put your head down after long days at the parks.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Simone W

I’m happy you took the time to update us on your experience, Simone W.

I will pass on your feedback to ensure that we look into the smoking issue you mentioned.

Thank you for staying. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here August 2013, hotel was adequate, our room was very small for four people although we didn't spend a lot of time actually in the room it was quite claustrophobic when we did. Bathroom was minuscule, the toilet overflowed on one occasion - toilet water (and the contents of my sons bowels) everywhere- most unpleasant! There's a small coffee machine next to the sink but it takes cartridge type things and you only get given two! - they didn't even sell them in the shop, I'd rather have just had a normal kettle in the room. Also no room to hang wet clothes as there is no private balcony (really frustrating as we got drenched almost everyday) most people draped their stuff over ironing boards and left them outside their room. Hotel staff (especially the two at the ticket booking desk) were rude and unfriendly gave us incorrect trolley information and sold us a full price ticket for my son who we later found out should have got it at a cheaper rate being a child! However, The bedding and towels were clean and so were the public areas of the hotel, didn't eat at the restaurant as there's plenty if choice nearby. The hotel is near to universal but a long way from Disney. It was ok but I probably wouldn't go back.

Stayed: August 2013

Oh no, c c.

I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you ran into while staying with us. This is definitely not the norm.

If you would like to talk about anything, please feel free to reach out to me. I will pass this on to the management staff to ensure they are aware of your review.

Thanks again. We truly hope you come back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went to this hotel in 1988. Enjoyed it then and enjoyed it again. International Drive on the doorstep. Best investment was buying two week trolley ticket which gave us access to a few of the parks. Worst of all was having to get to the major theme parks. When we last came shuttle buses called in to the hotel. This has obviously changed over the years and taxis cost us around 80 dollars (negotiated) a time which we hadn't really budgeted for so you need to keep that in mind. Plenty of places to eat although the food at the hotel (buffet style) was just as adequate. We were located by the pool area which was very handy for the grandchildren. July brought with it some tremendous thunder and lightening storms. I quite like them myself but do have to say some of the heaviest, longest and loudest I have ever heard in my lifetime. Only one storm spoilt our afternoon at one of the parks so for two weeks must not complain. Extremely hot. Staff at hotel were friendly and helpful as were the staff manning the 'taxi' booking and information desk

Room Tip: Would ask for a room pool side as the outer rooms just face car park
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LJN345

Thanks for coming back so long after the first time you were here.

We appreciate you updating us on your experience, LJN345!

Please don’t wait so long for the next visit. Thanks for staying.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Got to be honest, my family booked this from England as I wouldn't have chosen this place. To get to DisneyWorld is the best part of 90 minutes on two buses, they don't lay on free shuttles which I find hard to believe. It is close to Universal which is a 5-10 minute ride away which is good. They allow people to smoke very close to the rooms which is awful if you live in or are travelling from a smoke free country with tight no smoking laws. It is close to Denny's and Mcdonalds which is good and there is a liquor store across the road but along this end of International Drive there are only generic bad American Diners to eat at. My parents booked this hotel through Thomson and made various requests from the UK to get a room near a pool and not near a road AND with easy access for a wheelchair but none of their requests were fulfilled. The breakfast is OK but if you are here at a busy time it is more like feeding time at the zoo than a civilized breakfast eating area. We have also noticed that our room only gets cleaned if we leave a large tip for the grumpy old cleaning lady in a morning. If we don't leave a large tip the beds are not really made and the bathroom looks like a small army of kids has used it. Fixtures and fittings in the bathrooms are falling off and space is at a premium. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for a night before coming to the Rosen which we shouldn't have done. All I will say is you get what you pay for and if you are looking for a nice quiet civilized place to hang, then this is not really it. Find a place which is closer to DisneyWorld and you will save yourself a lot of money in taxis/buses etc....

Room Tip: Miles away from all roads and public walkways facing the interior lawns.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank g8tekeeper
Management response:Responded 17 July 2014

g8tekeeper,

I apologize for any shortcomings you faced during your stay with us. May I ask, did you have the opportunity to address any of these issues with our front desk management? I would hope that we could have accommodated a room change to better location with less issue to the smoking you endured.

Please always feel free to address these matters to us in future. We want our guest to feel comfortable during their stay with us. Thank you for choosing Rosen Hotels & Resorts.. Please feel free to contact me further if you would like to discuss your stay with me. Thank you.

Stacia Orock