“Superb hotel, ideal location”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #81 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was the 2nd time we stayed at the Hampton Inn convention Centre and it didn't fail to live up to our expectations. Huge clean rooms, massive comfy beds, quiet, really friendly staff - particularly Rachel and her team, who delight with fresh baked cookies at around 5-6pm when you're coming in exhausted from the parks or from lazing round the pool (with free pool towels). This hotel is fantastic value. Breakfast is great, fresh hot food, cereals, breads, a waffle-iron, fresh fruit and coffee/tea on tap all day. If you haven't got time, grab a breakfast bag. Evenings, just walk out the door to Bahama Breeze for a Jamaican-vibe cocktail or for an ice cold beer at the Miller Bar, or onto I-drive for any food you like - the ribs at Tony Roma's are to die for. And all within walking distance of the hotel! Easy easy driving to the parks/attractions. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thewebbos
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Our party of 8 have just returned after an excellent holiday to Orlando staying at this superb Hotel. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Upon arrival we enquired about the availability of fridges and they were duly provided (without charge) very quickly.

The location is excellent for all I-Drive attractions and if you need transport other than the trolley bus, then the staff can organise taxi's at excellent rates.

The swimming pool is excellent for families and overall, we could not have wished for a better, more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LexiG061108
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I gave this hotel 5 stars based on dollar value. It was one of the lowest priced Hilton properties in the area but it in no way felt like a budget hotel. The property is well maintained inside and out, the room was nice with a flat screen TV, the bed comfortable, and the breakfast was as I've come to expect at a Hampton, meaning nothing spectacular but sufficient with a fairly descent selection. I was also impressed at the staff and particularly the job the team did in keeping the breakfast selections stocked and the dining area clean with a full house. Again, this is not a 5 star resort, but considering the price I was very impressed and would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank BlueMoc
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We didn't really know what to expect but this place has exceeded every expectation we could have! Very clean very comfortable rooms! The friendliest staff I think I've ever meet! Great breakfast with a wide variety to choose from! The host at breakfast was simply the definition of hospitable!!! It was also the small things like the wifi, our daily USA Today, freshly made coffee all day long, the great breakfast, and the genuine smiles from the staff, all included for the price of the room! Also this place is within walking distance to "The Point" which has great shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Travel8698
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Hampton Inn at Pointe Orlando. This was our second visit to the hotel (having previously stayed in Sept 2011). We were originally booked to stay at the Wyndham Orlando Resort but after our first night there (with only 2 hours sleep due to a rock band playing all night at the pool!), requested to be moved to the Hampton.
On both visits to the Hampton we have had a fantastic time. The staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Being greeted by Rachel at the front desk after a sleepless night at the Wyndham was such a delight and it felt like a home from home. All the staff are great and many recognised us from our previous visit (even though we tend to keep a low profile) which was really nice.
The rooms are really comfortable, we have stayed in both a king room (with an extra large bed, microwave and fridge) and a double (with 2 double beds but no fridge or microwave). Both rooms had comfy beds, were exceptionally clean and well decorated. The TV's are a little old but thats not what we go on holiday for (lots of news and sport channels for those who are interested). The maid service can be a little late in the day on occasion but not a real issue (I'm sure they would schedule you earlier if you asked).
The breakfast is pretty good really, it's complementary with lots of choice if you are willing to try different things. I ate something different every morning so can't complain.
The pool is usually very quiet which is really nice if you just want to relax, it's not huge but when you are the only person in it, it doesn't matter.
I would happily return to this hotel time & time again. We have previously stayed at the Holiday Inn (now International Palms Resort), The Quality Inn and now the Wyndham Orlando Resort and the Hampton Inn at Pointe Orlando is far superior to all of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Can't wait to go back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a large convention. The location was excellent. We were able to walk to the convention center and to Pointe Orlando. Was disappointed that when I checked in that no refrigerators were available. The front desk clerks took care of the minimum, but were often short with us when questions were asked. We did have a toilet issue and the maintenance man came right up an took care of the problem, but we had to ask twice to get replacement towels. The housekeeping staff was great. Rooms and lobby were very clean. Pool was great. If the management of the this hotel is reading my review, you have some customer service work to do with the front desk staff. Despite the issues with the front desk, I would stay at this location again if attending another convention.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chelle4463
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent experience that you had at the Hampton Inn. I want to again personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.
I wished you would have brought this to a managers attention while you where here so we could address the staff issues.

We want our guests to be met with a well - trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that your concerns will be follow - up so other are not disappointed as you were. We have address the staff issues and our continuing to monitor our progress to get us back to a level of service excellance.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I just recently stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn and was very disappointed. I was in Orlando for a Critical Care Nursing convention and had paid in advance for my room. Otherwise, I would have secured other lodging, sooner! The man working the front desk seemed indifferent and was short with me upon check-in. I found my room very clean & comfortable, with the exception of the coffee pot-which had a significant amount of build up and old coffee in the water reservoir. There was a note on the bed addressed to a "Mrs. Schmidt" from hotel management- thanking this person for coming back. I attempted to phone the front desk, to make sure they hadn't double booked my room...there was no answer. As a matter of fact, I tried calling the front desk on several occasions during my stay... Never to have my calls answered. If the front desk is needed for anything, you will have to physically walk down.
Also, the volume buttons did not work on my television and the room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. You will also need to plan on several extra minutes waiting for an elevator, as the average wait time was 5+ minutes. Many of the chairs in the lobby were stained with old food and drink.
By the end of the second day walking the convention hall, I had a sore spot from where my shoes had been rubbing. The same man that had checked me was working the counter and I stopped to ask if he had a Band-Aid or two. He just looked up from his computer and said "we don't keep band-aids here". Well, there was a big First-Aid kit hanging on the wall directly behind him, so I asked if he could at least check in the kit. He let out a large sigh and turned to the kit. He quickly flipped through it open, and said, " like I said, NO band-aids!"
I ultimately changed hotels, and went with the Westin for the remainder of my stay--Best decision of the entire trip! Well, after the decision to leave The Hampton Inn of course! The best part about this hotel is the proximity to I drive, yet I cannot recommend this hotel for just that reason--there are a slew of other hotels just as close!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SugarPill

I greatly appreciate you taking time to share your dissatisfaction with your recent stay.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible, where everything is in perfect order.
I am very displeased that was not the case during your stay. Regarding microwaves/ refrigerators we have a very limited on them and I would agree with you it would be nice to have them in every room. And on your encounter with the staff that is not a typical way our staff respond to our guest and we have address this issue with our front desk staff. You can be confident that we are working hard to ensure each visit is a comfortable and enjoyable experience for each of our value Guests.