“Great Wee Hotel - Outstanding Service !”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #81 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here recently for 17 nights through October. Hotel is located in a superb spot, offidrive, but still near all the amentities that you need with all shopss and dining facilities only a short walk away. The Front Desk are extremely helpful (especially Jenny), and often go out of their way to ensure that you are happy during your stay. The Breakfast served each morning is ecxellent, good choice of both hot and cold items. terence that looks after the area is an extremely friendly person, and again a member of the team that often goes out his way to ensure you have what you need. The rooms are great, everything you need. Only drawback, and by far not a crticism was that the hotel wi-fi was at times perhaps slow but on the positive always accessable when you need it. I'd have no hesitations in reccomending this hotel to both tourists and business travellers alike.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Paul D

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The staff was nice but our room was a disappointment. There were stains on the curtain, the toilet didn't always flush, the tub dripped and the sink made an unusual gurgling noise that seemed to be a plumbing issue. The room felt unclean since the furniture was chipped, there were marks on the walls and the lamp shades were worn looking. The bottom of the shower curtain was torn and there were a few cleanliness issues upon arrival in the bathroom. The Wi-Fi was so slow that we couldn't use it. I asked about changing rooms but there wasn't one that seemed much better. The front desk attendant mentioned checking when we returned that night but when we returned from the convention the hotel was sold out. Also, the wall paper in the hallway outside our room was duct taped together up and down the wall and along the base boards. The only positive in the room was a very comfortable bed and it was close to the convention center.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I never visit the same hotel twice but as we had such a good holiday last year we decided to go back and lo and behold nothing had changed. The staff at the reception desk were just as fantastic ,Terence and his staff looked after us just as well as last year and kept our stomach's full ready for the busy day ahead . The hotel was clean as you would wish for and the rooms clean and comortable .The hotel did not disapoint us at all and we would go back again next time we go.

Room Tip: Again we would say ask for a king size room if you are a couple ,the double rooms are ideal for smal...
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed for two weeks with my boyfriend for our Disney/Universal holiday. (27/09/2013 - 11/10/2013) Check in was quick and smooth ( i was suffering with terrible travel sickness and appreciated the fast check in) We were allocated room 500. This room was perfect for us, we could see Sea World from our room (which was a 10 minute Lynx bus away). I had last stayed in this hotel around 8 years ago with my parents and I was delighted to see that the hotel was just as nice as I had remembered. Walgreens was a 5 minute walk away through a fully lit and safe car park and Bahama Breeze car park. The hotel is located on Universal Boulevard which is much quieter than International Drive (and much nicer) right next to Pointe Orlando, which is much better than it was a few years ago, and in walking distance of plenty of restaurants. Shuttles from the hotel to the theme parks (Epcot and Universal) were excellent and the hotel staff always made sure we were booked on to the shuttles. Our room was spacious and cleaned every day, the maids were excellent. Robert the hotel manager was fabulous and always made sure our stay was perfect. Along with Jenny and Rachel on the front desk. All of the staff at the hotel were happy to help in every way. Part way through we moved to room 517, this was opposite the elevators - I had read reviews about how these were noisy rooms, I think everybody over exaggerated. This room was also perfect and the only time i ever heard noise was around 8am when people were leaving to go to the parks, this was not an issue and it is to be expected when you are on a Disney/Universal holiday !(Some people just like to complain about nothing!!!) The complimentary breakfast was great, my boyfriend particularly enjoyed the "do it yourself" waffles, and I enjoyed the complimentary coffee ! Overall my stay was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be back next year. I would highly recommend this hotel. Amanda Corns (and Joshua Lake)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Joshua L
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed for seven nights, very clean rooms ,comfortable beds, wonderful breakfast with something to suit everyone.A different hot item each day. Tea and coffee available 24/7.Close to restaurants and shopping.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Having stayed here for 2 weeks with my husband and baby son, I would highly recommend this hotel as a great budget hotel. The rooms were good space. The free breakfast had an excellent selection including cooked hot breakfast and also the likes of toasted waffles, muffins, donuts bagels etc. the staff were all super friendly, especially a man named Terrance who was on at breakfast every morning. He was so lovely - chatted to us all every morning, asking us if we needed anything and went out of his way to help us.
The location of the hotel was great, literally 5 minute walk to the pointe on international drive where there are loads of great restaurants. Your also very close to majority of big theme parks- seaworld / universal studios etc !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Perfect hotel for what I needed, but for one thing. The property was great. The room was solid. The staff was friendly. Getting to the hotel however was a different story. Probably took ten minutes on a Sunday night in July to turn into the parking lot from the street because of traffic. Based on that experience I limited my dining that night what was within walking distance of the property, which is all basic. Also, do not use Google maps to get to the property, it would have sent me onto the highway and not the road you need to take.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business