“Horrible”

Comfort Inn International
Ranked #145 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I booked this hotel online for my daughter back in June. When get there it was horrible. The room smelled like smoke really bad. It was DIRTY. It was creepy. We we went down and told them that we were not staying there, that it was creepy and dirty. The pictures on their website is not the same as their hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DeeDees S
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn International

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Property located in good location, room need some update and blankets, towels, napkins need change, elevator is smell, breakfast not ready by 7.00 a.m. (around 7.30).Personal is very un-professional and rude, favorite phrase I don't care and this not my business.
Plus, printer broken and look for 2.50 charge for safe deposit box, just additional charge for nothing

Room Tip: all romm the same
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I got what I paid for. The hotel was close to the convention center on the very edge of the nice part of I-drive. The I-Trolley and the Lynx buses made it easy to get to the convention center (about a half hour walk) as well as Disney and the airport. So the location was perfect for me and gets 3 stars. However, my room stunk. It smelled moldy and damp and the smell did not go away even after 4 days of the air being on and a glade candle being lit while I was there. I could smell the room smell on my clothes when I left in the morning. I was also disappointed in the maid service. They made my bed, replaced the towels, but that's about it. cup rings not wiped off the furniture, there was hair on the bathroom floor and worst of all the bathroom counter was obviously wiped with a really old sponge--cause the smell lingered. Ewww! how many thousands of toilets and sinks were wiped with that nasty, germy sponge that you just wiped on my bathroom counter?! Fortunately there is a Walgreens next door that sells Clorox wipes. Front desk staff was awesome, I thought the bed and pillows were comfortable. breakfast was great if you like pastries, waffles, cereal, bagels and toast. Sausage and scrambled eggs were available every day. The fresh fruit was cut up oranges, pineapple and a few grapes--which was only available twice. The other days there was no fruit. I should also mention a group of teenagers were on my floor one night and I didn't hear them, although they seemed to spend the night going back and forth to each others rooms. Overall I'm not dissatisfied, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ShannonAx
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed at this comfort inn in the beginning of July. This is the nicest one I have stayed in yet. It is very clean and it is located in a great area. The front desk workers are very friendly. One that stuck out the most was a girl named Fernanda. She is extremely friendly and kind. She was there to help us whenever we need it and you could tell she enjoyed helping us. She always had a smile on her face and her ability to speak 3 languages is just astounding. She is one of the main reasons for why my family will be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Pagirl151220
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This hotel was the right price for my pockets, but you get what you pay for. The room was okay and smelled niced. But when I layed down on the bed and took a woof of the blanket near the pillows, it smelled like toe-jams. Immediately, I sat up and smelled it again to confirm the scent. I called the front desk and requested a new blanket and they assured me someone would check it out. Nearly 40 minutes later I called the front desk again they said they would notify housekeeping. Housekeeping arrived a few minutes later, I tell them about the smelly blanket and requested a new one. The housekeeping tells me that it does not smell and it's okay. I had to firmly ask her to change it. She tells me that she will wash it for me. I was like whatever you need to do but please can I have another one.I was very shocked and surprised. Later on that evening, another housekeeper arrived with the samed blanket washed. It smelled divine comparing to before. I took a bath that evening and the towels smelled as though they had been sitting in storage and developed a wrink smell. I just washed the hand towel to rid the smell. I placed the other towels on the floor for changing for the next day. My quality of sleep was not the best but barable. The mattress was very poor and hard, not really comfortable at all. The next morning I went down stairs for breakfast and it was horrible. Everything was cold like eggs; the muffins tasted like they had just come out of the refrigerator and tasted bad; The orange juice was horrible tasting poorly made concentrated OJ. I decided to go out and eat breakfast. Then I visited a theme park and returned that evening. Too my surprise, I opened my room and the bed pillows were all over the place and not one out of five were left on the bed. I called the front desk to ask if I should be aware of something that happened because my pillows were all over the table and none on the bed. She seemed shocked and stated that she had not be told of any concerns or emergency. She said she would tell the supervisor of what happened and maybe they just forgot to put the pillows on the bed. I said okay thanks. Then I went to use the bathroom and found that makeup, hairs, soap scum, etc were still left from the previous nights bath and morning wash. Well wouldn't you know it, the bathroon had not been cleaned at all. They only changed the towels. I smelled the towels and they appeared to smell fresher than the previous night. That was it, I checked out the next morning to find that I could not get a receipt from the hotel. I explained that I may need the receipt for business purpose so could a manager help in some way. She appeared to be a young girl about 20 years old. She said no manager was on site today they will not return until Monday. I asked was she the only person of management in the building, she said yes and that she was sorry. I asked could someone call me later, thinking that maybe management was running late or was scheduled later. The girl said no I'm sorry it's just me today. WOW!!!!! This hotel location maybe beneficial if you are looking for a place to lay your head but have no expectations of minimum room service you may consider staying here because it was near I-4, Golden Coral, easy on the traffic, and in walking distance to attractions and trolley usage in the day time. At night the hotel may not be safe to walk to and from. As for me, I will choose another place to stay for all of the head ache and not one offer was made to amend my stay given the lack of service. Most of all, the hotel was placed in the hands of a child, for the weekend, which I would imagine is the busiest time of the week and when management is most needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank sybil b
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed in a room with two queens bed, which were very comfortable! The room isn't big, but not small either. The breakfast was not so great, and the hotel is poorly maintained, especially the elevator! For the price paid, it wasn't bad! We spent most of our time at the parks and restaurants, so this hotel was good for our situation! After all, you get what you paid for!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rafaeljandrade
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We just checked in an I must say I am so happy we are staying here! New flat screen tv, microwave, coffee pot, safe, nice carpet nice decor, clean elevators drink machines as you exit the elevator. Too good to be true?!?! Well the room is a little small but we don't spend much time in the room. I don't know about you but I check for hair in all bathrooms and this one gets an A+ no hairs found!!!! I can't wait for breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012