“Highly recommended”

Comfort Inn International
Ranked #134 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Another six week spell at our favourite hotel in Orlando. From check in to check out all staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast has improved further and I thought it was good before! Now fresh fruit (pineapple, orange, pink grapefruit and grapes available everyday.Hotel is in ideal location on corner of International Drive and Sand Lake Road with new eating places opening every time we go. Easy walk to Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Road and Walmart on Turkey Lake although I admit we like walking and may be a bit warm for some people at times! Great public transport with Trolley and Lynx 8 and 42 stop close by on I Drive and Lynx 21 on Turkey Lake to Universal and two Walmarts. Free wifi in bedrooms, lobby and by the pool is a big plus and there are two public computers available for guest use. I was so pleased that the weekday complimentary newspaper was changed to USA Today during our visit!

Thanks to Manager Chad and his team - looking forward to our return in December.

3  Thank Gill E

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The personnel at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is right off of International Drive and behind Golden Coral. Close to shopping, I-drive activities, and bars. Great hotel at a reasonbale rate!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have been in florida for 2 weeks on holiday. The Comfort Inn was our base for 6 days at the beginning of the holiday while we visited the theme parks, its location for this was brilliant. We had a car and everything was a short drive away but the i-trolley stop is a 2 minute walk from the hotel so we could have managed without the car.
The hotel was just a base for us, we didn't spend much time there. We had a decent sized room with a sofa, desk, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and a very comfortable bed! The sofa showed that the room had been well used and there were a few stains on the carpets but the towels were changed and the beds were made everyday. There was a slight damp/musty smell in the lifts and corridors but not the smell of smoke others have spoke of!
The big positives were, the wifi was free and fast, the parking was free, the staff were nice and the breakfast was more than adequate with machines so you could make your own fresh waffles. I'm glad I left writing reviews until the end of the holiday because having now stayed in more expensive hotels and paid for parking, rubbish wifi and breakfast as extras, I realise now that the comfort inn was extremely good value for money! Not luxurious, but an excellent base if you visiting the parks like we were!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claire A
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I received a free night at this hotel through the Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee Program, which is one of the best around! When we went upstairs to our room on the sixth floor, we were hit in the face with the putrid smell of cigarette smoke in the hall. The room itself smelled very damp and had wet carpets, especially near the a/c. The lady at the front desk promptly moved us to another room on the sixth floor, which was fine, except it had two queen beds instead of the one king that we had originally booked, but we got over it. The rooms were very clean and spacious, with new LCD TVs, a microwave, and a fridge. The staff were very pleasant, professional, and welcoming. The hotel is in a great location, very close to Universal and Islands of Adventure. The breakfast was above-average for a Comfort Inn, with some hot items as well! We did not have the issue that other people mentioned with the $2.50 safe charge, but that may have been because our night was free. Overall, I would stay here again, but they should consider making the property smoke-free!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the floor with the least number of smoking rooms, or none at all.
2  Thank goldstein2749
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I booked this hotel online for my daughter back in June. When get there it was horrible. The room smelled like smoke really bad. It was DIRTY. It was creepy. We we went down and told them that we were not staying there, that it was creepy and dirty. The pictures on their website is not the same as their hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank DeeDees S
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Property located in good location, room need some update and blankets, towels, napkins need change, elevator is smell, breakfast not ready by 7.00 a.m. (around 7.30).Personal is very un-professional and rude, favorite phrase I don't care and this not my business.
Plus, printer broken and look for 2.50 charge for safe deposit box, just additional charge for nothing

Room Tip: all romm the same
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I got what I paid for. The hotel was close to the convention center on the very edge of the nice part of I-drive. The I-Trolley and the Lynx buses made it easy to get to the convention center (about a half hour walk) as well as Disney and the airport. So the location was perfect for me and gets 3 stars. However, my room stunk. It smelled moldy and damp and the smell did not go away even after 4 days of the air being on and a glade candle being lit while I was there. I could smell the room smell on my clothes when I left in the morning. I was also disappointed in the maid service. They made my bed, replaced the towels, but that's about it. cup rings not wiped off the furniture, there was hair on the bathroom floor and worst of all the bathroom counter was obviously wiped with a really old sponge--cause the smell lingered. Ewww! how many thousands of toilets and sinks were wiped with that nasty, germy sponge that you just wiped on my bathroom counter?! Fortunately there is a Walgreens next door that sells Clorox wipes. Front desk staff was awesome, I thought the bed and pillows were comfortable. breakfast was great if you like pastries, waffles, cereal, bagels and toast. Sausage and scrambled eggs were available every day. The fresh fruit was cut up oranges, pineapple and a few grapes--which was only available twice. The other days there was no fruit. I should also mention a group of teenagers were on my floor one night and I didn't hear them, although they seemed to spend the night going back and forth to each others rooms. Overall I'm not dissatisfied, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business