“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2011

i remember when you could get all you can eat at Sonny's for $6. Boy has that changed. The good news is that their tasty BBQ hasn't. I really like the BBQ here.

1  Thank cmoynihan

Reviewed 10 September 2011

My first BBQ experience in the US whilst on business here. A friend gave me a couple of BBQ restauarant names, and this was the 1st I tried.

I went on a Saturday early evening, and it was fairly busy. Had a very friendly and helpful waitress too. I opted for the "pork 3 ways"with BBQ beans, corn bread and fries. The pork was really nice - their sauces on the table are packed with flavour. The fries were quite a small portion, but I am being critical here as comparing to other US portions this is probably a bit on the small side.

I didn't leave feeling robbed, it only came to $21 for dinner, a pint of Bud and pudding. I even bought a bottle of their Smokin'BBQ sauce!

Worth a visit I think.

1  Thank MarkBarefoot
Reviewed 22 May 2011

The food is pretty good. The salad bar is below average. The prices are fair. The tea is very good.

Reviewed 4 July 2008

We have been going to Sonnys for over 15 years. They even catored our wedding. But over the past few years they have changed to the point we will not be going there anymore.

The prices seem to go up everytime we go. You can tell by the amount of times they change the menu. It's one thing to change the prices, its another thing to cut the portion size in half at the same time.

I spoke to the manager and she tried to tell me they did not change portion size and that it is probally the cook not giving correct amount. Well I told her it happens everytime now at any sonnys we go to. But said you need to talk to the cook if that is what you think it is.

Well we can't be tricked! We used to get enough portion that we could not finish it. Now they give you a childs portion of frys. What appears to be 1/2 the meat portion on the sandwiches. The baby backs a favorite of ours are very very small portions about 1/2 the size bones as we used to get. Even the corn on the cob has varied in size.

Its so apparent I can not believe the manager can lie about the size of the portion. Even the waitress said it is very apparent they have changed their portions. I am just glad we can find other places to go because sonnys has lost us as a long term customer.

1  Thank gunga64