“not what it was supposed to be” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plantation Island

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Plantation Island
lindsay
“not what it was supposed to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I booked this thru my castaways vacation club and paid $299 for this condo on the beach on a1a
the bed room was VERY small with mirrors on most walls I kept running into them
the doorway to get into this unit was unsafe it had many cracks in the door and the door had been broken into many times was my guess as it is right on a1a
the hallway is the kitchen and it did not have enough room if you are a heavy person
the front room did look out onto the beach but the windows did not open and there was no balcony the only redeeming factor in my one week stay was the desk manager and his lovely wife who both worked day shifts

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank smiley6377

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Weston, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was VERY worried to travel to this resort because of the negative reviews it had gotten on TripAdvisor. Let me say that this place surprised me...especially after reading all of the negative reviews. The buildings are nicely maintained. When you pull up you will see a nicely painted building. We had a two bedroom unit. I was a little small, as one of the bedrooms was sectioned off with pocket doors, but it was doable. The unit was clean. The unit overlooked the beach and the views were breathtaking. The hotel is very quiet. The age of the people staying at this hotel was definitely the older crowd, but everyone was SOOOO nice. We have two small children and all of the people that we saw were so nice and welcoming to my young children (4 & 6).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Shawn D
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

My family and I stayed in the courtyard. It was me, my wife and my daughter. It was outstanding because it was located right near the pool, and just like any location in Plantation Island, steps away from the sand and sea! Some say it is not as good as the tower because you can't see the ocean, but we still could. We left the windows open at night and heard the roar of the waves and it was so nice. Super clean rooms, always nice front desk service and private parking. Pools for the kids and jacuzzis for the adults (at night is the best). Always a great stay and a memorable vacation. Accomodations: Shower near the pool, grills, jacuzzis, private parking, shuffle board, private entrance to beach, no cars on beach in that area, and much more!

Room Tip: Tower has great views of ocean, but the courtyard felt more personal with views of ocean, pool and b...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Jonathan B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This place was fine for what we needed it for. We were on the 5th floor, which is where the one bedrooms are. Expect everything in this place to be old. It was clean,but the age of the place makes it appear dirty. It is also not a place for a young happening scene, mostly retirees and families. But the location was great and the view spectacular. I wouldn't recommend for my group of friends, but I wouldn't write this place off completely. If you are looking for a cheap, place to stay with good location and direct access to the beach, this is your place.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank lnj4boogie
Brookston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very nice, right on the beach.. It had been years since I had stayed there... It was nice to return and to see it being well taken care of... Be cautious if you choose to stay there during Spring break, as sleeping will be an issue...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mgwds1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was kind of sceptic o this place reading all the bad reviews.... But for the price it wasn't to bad... Room was clean, nice pool, friendly workers, we stayed on the 6th floor, and only real complaint I have isbi wished the elevators had air conditioning! Got pretty warm whenever there was several ppl in it! Another thing there are no balconies, somebody told us it was because somebody committed suicide but whatever, I want to be able to set on a balcony and listen to the waves in the morning and night!! But can't say anything bad about the place, my 7 yr ol had a good time so I did also!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Rdcjg27
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Terrible condo. It seemed this was a hotel room converted to a condo, too small and terribly dirty. The phones and the office computer were not working. When your opened the door the air conditioner was dripping water on you and everything. The floors and carpet were so dirty our grandson walked one time across the floor and his feet were black, YUCK!!!! Also the pool were dirty and so was the whirlpools. Also the couch was so dirty that we could not sit on it and the sheets and blankets were worn out with holes and very thin, there was not any place to place your luggage and you could barely walk around the bed. The bath was so small that your sit on toilet and take a shower at the same time and the toilet was not attached properly(it rocked when sat on).

Room Tip: Never stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Makai Beach Lodge
Makai Beach Lodge
#21 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#18 of 102 in Daytona Beach

Been to Plantation Island? Share your experiences!