“OK for what was a work and play vacation”
Review of Plantation Island

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Plantation Island
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Only reason I am rating this a 3 is because of the location and the facilities - two pools , one heated are clean . Thee hot tubs- only one was working and up to the proper 104 temperature.
Location is right on Ormond Beach which is very nice, Great walking beach and great sunrises.

I would have rated it lower as we did an RCI exchange from a 2 bedroom Deluxe Royal Crown to a run down 1 bedroom which really needs a lot of attention. Needs an upgrade in all the rooms. Shades are broken, the refrigerator door is broken. Very sparse items in the kitchen... Grounds were well maintained but around the pool and the other property areas need attention or painted.
Lots of kids in pool area and running around at all hours... They also have an activities area which is a plus.... Just really needs some attention as this is an older property and needs an upgrade. Most of the staff are polite and helpful.... Just not like what we are used to or that we own....

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean facing rooms in the high rise, not the garden rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelGalVal1

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I booked this thru my castaways vacation club and paid $299 for this condo on the beach on a1a
the bed room was VERY small with mirrors on most walls I kept running into them
the doorway to get into this unit was unsafe it had many cracks in the door and the door had been broken into many times was my guess as it is right on a1a
the hallway is the kitchen and it did not have enough room if you are a heavy person
the front room did look out onto the beach but the windows did not open and there was no balcony the only redeeming factor in my one week stay was the desk manager and his lovely wife who both worked day shifts

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank smiley6377
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was VERY worried to travel to this resort because of the negative reviews it had gotten on TripAdvisor. Let me say that this place surprised me...especially after reading all of the negative reviews. The buildings are nicely maintained. When you pull up you will see a nicely painted building. We had a two bedroom unit. I was a little small, as one of the bedrooms was sectioned off with pocket doors, but it was doable. The unit was clean. The unit overlooked the beach and the views were breathtaking. The hotel is very quiet. The age of the people staying at this hotel was definitely the older crowd, but everyone was SOOOO nice. We have two small children and all of the people that we saw were so nice and welcoming to my young children (4 & 6).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Shawn D
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My family and I stayed in the courtyard. It was me, my wife and my daughter. It was outstanding because it was located right near the pool, and just like any location in Plantation Island, steps away from the sand and sea! Some say it is not as good as the tower because you can't see the ocean, but we still could. We left the windows open at night and heard the roar of the waves and it was so nice. Super clean rooms, always nice front desk service and private parking. Pools for the kids and jacuzzis for the adults (at night is the best). Always a great stay and a memorable vacation. Accomodations: Shower near the pool, grills, jacuzzis, private parking, shuffle board, private entrance to beach, no cars on beach in that area, and much more!

Room Tip: Tower has great views of ocean, but the courtyard felt more personal with views of ocean, pool and b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This place was fine for what we needed it for. We were on the 5th floor, which is where the one bedrooms are. Expect everything in this place to be old. It was clean,but the age of the place makes it appear dirty. It is also not a place for a young happening scene, mostly retirees and families. But the location was great and the view spectacular. I wouldn't recommend for my group of friends, but I wouldn't write this place off completely. If you are looking for a cheap, place to stay with good location and direct access to the beach, this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank lnj4boogie
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very nice, right on the beach.. It had been years since I had stayed there... It was nice to return and to see it being well taken care of... Be cautious if you choose to stay there during Spring break, as sleeping will be an issue...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mgwds1
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was kind of sceptic o this place reading all the bad reviews.... But for the price it wasn't to bad... Room was clean, nice pool, friendly workers, we stayed on the 6th floor, and only real complaint I have isbi wished the elevators had air conditioning! Got pretty warm whenever there was several ppl in it! Another thing there are no balconies, somebody told us it was because somebody committed suicide but whatever, I want to be able to set on a balcony and listen to the waves in the morning and night!! But can't say anything bad about the place, my 7 yr ol had a good time so I did also!

• Stayed: July 2011