“The best vacation place, with lots of charm!!”
Review of Plantation Island

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Plantation Island
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I have been coming to Plantation Island, ever since i was 6 and this was my dad's favorite place to go on vacation, we had planned on coming last year in June but my dad died in May. My dad always said that there was no reason to go around the world to find paradise when it is a days drive to Ormond beach. My mother, brother and I are coming this year and I know it will never be the same with out my dad, but to see the ocean as you wake up in the morning to smell the salt in the air, and to know that he will be there in spirit. The condo, is a great place to bring kids, right on the beach, two pools and hot tubs for the parents. You are in the great city limits of Ormond but just minutes away from the party of Daytona. I will keep on coming back year after year, and I like to think of this condo as my second home. I love the city, the beach and the atmosphere!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank geoGirl10

Reviewed 7 January 2010

I have been staying @ Plantation Island for almost 10 years for Bike Week in March. 2 bedroom in the highrise. Great accomodations and great location. Only a few miles from Main Street but far enough away to aviod all the traffic. Lots of room with plenty of parking for trailers!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Location was Great, the condo very small, shabby and dirty....piece of gum on wood work, who knows how long....very small bathroom, dirt behind the doors....lights, bulbs need replaced over dining area and micro wave...wood work dirty....sofa filthy we covered it with a sheet to sit on....Out side grounds were ok, no one around much, wadded up tissue by the pool there for days 3-4? Lounge chair cushions bad shape.....3 hot tubs 1 worked/they finally were fixed..
Very loud party next door ....... slamming/banging the door......

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank ITbeach
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We just arrived home from our week at Plantation Island. We took our 12 year old grandson there for spring break. This was our first visit , but it won't be our last. We loved it and can't wait to go back. With so many attractions nearby, a week wasn't enough time to enjoy all there is to see and do. The area is beautiful. The resort is clean and well kept. It was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank dobbieanne
Reviewed 14 March 2009

My family stayed at Plantation Island for 7 nights, and we all really enjoyed it. The staff are friendly and helpful, and they have a great list of activities every day that you can choose to do if you so desire. There are plenty of things for young kids like crafts and hermit crab races. There are 2 pools, one heated in the courtyard (PERFECT temperature) and another unheated one on the deck facing the ocean (kind of chilly when we were there). There is also a shallow kiddie pool and 3 small hot tubs facing the ocean. There are plenty of beach chairs, we never had a problem finding some. The courtyard rooms have balconies that face inward to the pool area, and the oceanfront rooms have 2 very large windows directly facing the ocean. It was a great view and a really nice place to stay. It seemed like an older crowd when we were there, which made the area nice and quiet. There are a lot of things to do in the area and some good restaurants and shopping nearby in Daytona. The only minor point of the resort was no balcony for the oceanview rooms, and also the kitchen was pretty small. We made due with the dishes they had (did have a dishwasher) with the 5 of us. One of the bathrooms have a large whirlpool/shower which was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank angelfish28
Reviewed 6 April 2008

We stayed at this condo for 7 days for Spring Break. The rooms are a little dated, we stayed in a one bedroom condo on the courtyard side with 2 adults and 3 teenagers. We took an air- mattress because they had one double bed and a pull out sofa. I have nothing negative to say, the staff was very accommodating, the pools were nice, one heated, one not. It has three hot tubs which were nice and private. The best thing about this place is there are a lot of chairs so you don't have to go out real early to get one. They have a nice deck beach side so you get the ocean feel without being in the sand. We would recommend this hotel for families with little kids and older couples, if you want a lot of action don't stay here. The teenagers ended up staying further down the beach with friends for the nightlife. We had full kitchen which was nice, they come in a clean one time a week, but you can get fresh towels everyday. If you are looking for a nice new luxury place to stay this is not for you, but if you are looking for a clean relaxing place, this is great.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family