“NIce Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Ormond Beach B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“NIce Place to Stay”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We moved to this place when we had to leave the Atlantic Cove when they closed to change furniture without telling us in advance. We checked out this place, and booked it for five nights.
We were on the 3rd floor and the building is all suites (timeshare) Our suite had a kitchen, bedroom area and a living room with a balcony. We could see the ocean, beach, and the park next door. The kitchen was well supplied with dishes, etc. The only thing we did not like was the vanity is outside the bathroom making the area where the tub and toilet extremely small. The building and room were very clean, and all the staff were extremely friendly. We would stay here again, and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JBJOHNSON

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Abbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were coming back from Disney and the day was so nice we decided that we wanted to stop and enjoy the beach, so after some calling and driving looking for a place available for one night, we ended up at the Georgian Inn Beach Club. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. They happened to have a couple rooms available and got us checked right in.

The rooms are nice. Very clean and maintained. Bathrooms are small, but honestly I am here for the beach, not the bathroom. We had free boogie boards, beach chairs, and umbrella to use.

Will I stay here again? Yes, great staff, nice room, great location!! If you want a 5 star resort, this isn't the place for you. But, if you want a nice place to stay and enjoy the beach, then give it a try.

Room Tip: Great views from Ocean Front rooms!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank S
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Customer service lacked. No room service the entire time we were there. we had to go to front desk each day to get toilet paper and towels!! bathroom was tiny! not very clean. and they advertise they have beach amenities, such as beach chairs, games , bikes ect.. but not on the weekends!! would never go back!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank pfpitts
GIBCmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Inn Beach Club, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I am sorry you found your stay less than satisfactory. Without knowing when your reservation was, it is difficult to pinpoint how these issues could have arisen. Had your dissatisfaction been expressed on property, I am sure we could have addressed any problems, other than your feelings about the bathroom size. Also, our housekeeping staff checks with each room, every day to fill linen or supply needs, unless there is a "do not disturb" sign on the door. I am not sure how you would have been missed each day you were here.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Book this place as a last resort but when I called to ask about it the lady wouldn't let me get a word in. So I called priceline and they answered all my questions so I booked it. Got her checked in found out I had to switch rooms after the 1St night I told them I had alot of stuff and four kids and that this was not going to make my stay relaxing bc we were never able to re ally unpack. Got into my 1st room it was nice we actually liked it better then out normal place we stay but then we had to switch rooms and after being told by front desk both rooms would be identical it was NOT we were down graded to a molding smelly room w a Murphy bed no privacy for me and my husband our first room the bed was private from the living area and it was a much nicer and less smelly room. So I was pretty disappointed. It would of probably been a much nicer less stressful stay if we could of just stayed in one room . They need to be more organized for sure and better customer service never got called back when I was told I would when I complained at check out no apologies. But on the beach. Just unorganized and a got a moldy dirty room

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank themrsb84
Each online wholesaler has a disclaimer explaining we are a timeshare who rents rooms. Due to this being a "weekly" property, the room ownership changes each Saturday. It is advantageous for the Georgian Inn and our guests to keep them in the same room from Friday night into Saturday night. If you were asked to move, it would have only been due to us not having any rooms that were available to rent both Friday and Saturday night in a row. We apologize you experienced this and that it was not explained to you in an effective manner. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My grandmother had a timeshare at the Georgian Inn for many years and we would stay every summer when I was growing up. I have so many fond memories of this place! My whole family recently went there and stayed two nights 3/22 & 3/23 for my grandmothers 83rd birthday . The rooms were spotless and cozy! We were on the 7th floor and had a beautiful view of the beach and also a view of the city. It's within walking distance of restaurants and stores. We actually made a trip to Publix on foot, its a little bit of a walk, but not bad at all! Also, I absolutely love how they have remodeled the hotel lobby and downstairs area to resemble a ship. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well! We did stay during spring break for high school and college students... but it was very quiet and far from the parties. We actually slept with our balcony door open the entire night and didn't hear a sound but the crashing of the waves. If you are looking for a nice relaxing getaway away from the noise and busy areas, this is your place! Not to mention its not a bad price considering it looks like a mini apartment!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sunshineandseashells
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Grabbed as a last minute through RCI for one of my kids..Glad I was at the Royal Floridian

The room had been cleaned sometime before we got there but the odd smell and lack of cleaning in corners etc. made me feel a bit uneasy. There was no notice until we got there about the water being turned off 2 days during the week of my daughter's stay. Also construction started on the floor above her according to the signs but were actually working on the same floor a couple of days. Glad I did not have to stay there myself as I would have been looking for another place. But my daughter was happy as she had her own space away from room mates and her parents as she had just flown in from England the week before. Lobby and staff seemed very friendly and did not have the same smell as the room or I would not have been able to get past the lobby… Sorry guys I can't recommend this one or return again

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank biguglybeardedguy
GIBCmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Inn Beach Club, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
We apologize for an inconvenience during your stay. The water shut off was an unavoidable circumstance. We tried to minimize the impact to our in-house guests while the upgrade was being performed. Had we been made aware of any odors or uncleanliness, we would have been happy to address it immediately. Please contact the executive assistant at the resort for further discussion about both. Reviews always give us an opportunity to scrutinize our operations and improve in any area. We hope after speaking with us personally, you will change your mind about not staying in the future and allow us to demonstrate why the Georgian Inn Beach Club recently received the Silver Crown Award from RCI.
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We came to bike week with friends who had a time share. The rate was reasonable and the room was clean, cute and comfortable. It was far enough away from the bike noise and close enough to still enjoy the event. The pool deck was my favorite place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Royal Floridian Resort
Royal Floridian Resort
#10 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Been to Georgian Inn Beach Club? Share your experiences!