“Camped for 1 night.”
Review of Tomoka State Park

Tomoka State Park
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Camped at Tomoka this past weekend. The weather was atrocious with rain.
Upon arriving the ranger checked me in real fast and was very helpful.
Found the campsite very easily and set up. Water and Electric was nice to have.
We fit two SUV's and two (small) trailered boats in. Being there only one night we opted not to set up tents but there was ample room.
Did'nt see much else of the park on account of the rain but the area is very pretty, alot of canopied roads and creeks around.
Restrooms were very clean and I noticed had been cleaned again in the evening.
We left ealry the next morning.
Will definitely return (with the family)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Natural Florida setting and admission is a good deal. Great bike and running paths. Staff was available for questions and friendly. Very clean!

2  Thank Miche S
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great time camping here. Lots of fishing opportunities....only complaint is no grill at the campsite other than the one directly on the fire ring, so if you plan on grilling, I suggest you bring a grill or use one at the picnic areas (none in the campground). We were able to buy firewood at the camp store for $6...same bagged stuff you would buy at a grocery store. Lots of places to explore and I don't think we saw them all. Canoe/kayak rentals were available at the camp store ($25 for 2 hours on the canoe, about the same for the one person kayak). Some of the camp sites were really close together, so you may want to bring a small fan if people talking/making general noise will disturb your sleep. Only deer we saw the whole 3 days we were there was near the camping store around 8:00 pm. Lots of squirrels and birds (and a sneaky raccoon that managed to get whole eggs out of our cooler with only a small amount of clearance above the cooler).

2  Thank proudteacher5
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love going to this park on the occasion that I'm around the area because of the numerous nature trails and it's great historic location. There is much to see and behold and the camping is great. However, the thing that I've really disliked is the tremendous bumps in the dirt roads. Some of the are quite big and you have to keep a constant eye out. Several times (especially when it rains) I've almost gotten stuck or scratched the underside of my car. Definite work needs to be done on the road because not everyone has a truck that can withstand the holes!

2  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Beautiful state park for hiking, picnics, canoeing, kayaking, and geocaching. I recommend taking insect repellent any time of the year and plenty of water.

1  Thank love2gonyc