“Try this place! It's worth the climb.”

Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill
Ranked #83 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been here twice and both times we were happy we went. The food was excellent and the server was attentive and friendly. We have never dined inside on the lower level as we wanted to experience the open deck and view of the ocean. Be warned, the climb to the deck involves a few
steps but we are in our late 60's and had no problem. It was worth the climb. We hope to eat there again this fall.

There are newer reviews for Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Upper deck has a great ocean view. Newly covered to provide shade. Food is great and good service. Definitely will go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have gone to this restaurant each year when at Ormond Beach. This year we went 4 times in 2 weeks. The service is usually very good and the portions are large. The quality of the food is very good, and attractively plated. There prices are the best in Ormond Beach. They have a large patio on the roof which is always busy except in bad weather, but you have to climb a lot of stairs to get to it. We always eat on the main floor inside but they also have a few tables outside on the main floor outside at the front. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We ordered a shrimp basket and half greek Chicken. The service was fast and the server kept checking on us. The prices were reasonable. The food was very tasty and plentiful. The soup was excellent. We did not go up to the top deck, because it was chilly and windy. Also there is no elevator to get up three flights of stairs.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This restaurant has always been hit and miss. However, my family and I visited over the weekend, hoping to catch them on a good day. Unfortunately, the food and service were terrible. First off the inside dining facility is now run down. A few light bulbs were missing from the lamps that hung above our booths. The evening was slightly cool so the entry and rear doors were left wide open. That wouldn't be an issue if the view was pleasant. I my case I had to experience the poorly maintained back of house area. My wife had to take our three year old to the restroom. According to her it was so disgusting that my son couldn't even go. At this point she wanted to leave but I insisted we stay because we came to Dimitri's for Greek food and beer. well, there was no Greek beer (apparently they ran out) and the menu has evolved primarily to Florida fare (nothing wrong with that of course but we came for Greek food and Dimitri's is or was supposedly a Greek restaurant). Based on the appearance, bathroom and service received thus far we decided to play it safe and order gyros. I told my wife "they cant mess that up now can they?" Well, I've eaten many Gyros and my wife is Greek. We ordered three gyros and they were all terrible. The lamb/beef was old and extremely unappetizing - plain and simple! My wife and our son couldn't stomach it. In addition, the avgo lemo (egg lemon soup), which my wife loves, was terrible. It had way too much flour, no chicken and only a sliver of lemon was provided. If this was ever served at a Greek function someone would be arrested. We were extremely disappointed! To make matters worse the waitress could not be found when we had enough and just wanted to pay and leave. She was out of sight for over 10 minutes. I'm sorry to say we'll never return.

1  Thank stewart c