“Always a favorite place to eat”

Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill
Ranked #73 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Always a favorite place to eat”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant is a must on our vacation. It just so happens to be located across the street! The food here is terrific. If you are not seeking or willing to try the Greek food, there are plenty of other choices on the menu and are just as tasty. Gyros are huge, the soup is weird but oh so yummy. Interior is clean and inviting and there is an upstairs, outside deck with a bar. The prices are good too. Service and demeanor of the waitress could have been better though. Definitely worth a try on your vacation!

Visited August 2014

Orange Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic seafood and gyros!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The view from upstairs is wonderful, and the food is great, specifically the seafood and their gyros. They have some of the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tried, you can tell it is house made and didn't come from a Kraft box. It's a very friendly atmosphere, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Really disappointed”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Dimitri's last year and really enjoyed the gyro, fries and beer combo for $10. Well, we returned last night. The combo wasn't available any more. We ordered the gyros, mine with 'seasoned' fries and Mac and cheese for my wife. We waited and waited for our food. People who sat down and ordered after us got their food before us. Finally, 45 minutes later we received our food. Only my wife's Mac and cheese was good. Both our pita breads were not fresh. The meat was fairly bland. There were no red onion as described on the menu. The biggest disappointment was the tzikiki (?) sauce. Last year it was full of fresh garlic that made it exceptional. Now, it tasted like something out of a bottle. Even my fries which used to be excellent with garlic and other spices only had salt on them.

This is the one restaurant in the area we were really looking forward to eating at while on vacation. It has gone so far down hill. Seriously disappointed Dimitri's. Does anyone know where we can find a good gyro in the Daytona area?

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mojofishing
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Mile High Gyro”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Before you read the headline wrong, I am not referring to the infamous "mile high club" that has a stigma on airplanes. I am referring to the remarkable patio that is on top of the restaurant!

For lunch one day, my cousin and I decided to take a gander at this restaurant and order some Greek food with an Amaretto and Sour -- this was the first time I tried that drink and it was delicious.

The food was decent and the beverages were wonderful, but what tipped it off was the atmosphere and the outside seating.

If you and a family member, date or even a group of people decide to have an outing at a rooftop deck, then I would recommend this restaurant. It's great!

Best wishes,

Shaun

Visited March 2014
Seneca Falls, New York
“BAD customer service.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Food was fair to not good. Waitress had attitude when we ordered a beer. She said cooler was broken, no cold beer. She said we would have to go upstairs to get a cold beer. Never offered to get it. Chose to stay downstairs as I had recently had knee surgery. She was surly, rude and unhelpfull. Only bad service we had in all 10 nights in Daytona. Would never go there again and recommend you don't waste your money here. PS We are both very easy to please.

• Visited July 2014