1,277 results
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleanoceanfront roompastryfree breakfastunderground parkingfire pitan older hotelsmall kitchenbike weekslidersfamily vacationwafflesfull kitchenbwbalconybeach
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We arrived late from Jacksonville and were tired after a long day driving. The room smelt like death. The carpet must have been steam cleaned and the room closed up and the smell was awful. The shower / bath drain had backed up and there was unmentionable stuff stuck to the bath. There was only 1 towel in the room.
Yes they came and cleaned the shower shortly after we complained but it was too little too late. We should have left and found another hotel. My suggestion is never, ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
BestWesternCDS_GM, Front Office Manager at Best Western Castillo Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We can ensure that this issue has been thoroughly looked into. We do hope you will try us again.

Terrell N.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This was the worst hotel stay I've ever experienced. My in-laws stayed in the room next to ours and killed a couple of roaches on the first night. They didn't tell me as they know how much I hate them. The next night...it was my turn.

We got back to the room after a birthday dinner and proceeded to get ready to sleep. I planned to retrieve some clothes from my suitcase when I discovered a roach running around in there. I hate roaches, and I had to find a shoe to basically hammer my bag and clothes with.

After that was done and I was pretty frustrated, I looked to the 2nd queen bed in the room where there were two more roaches. Those too were ended by my shoe. My wife went to retrieve some toilet paper to handle the cleanup when ANOTHER ROACH darted out from the sink area. Four roaches in the span of about 90 seconds.

When I contacted the front desk they offered to come up to my room and spray. At 11:30pm and staying with my six and three year old this was unrealistic, as was changing rooms. Besides, you don't just get past this by getting into another room.

Marina, the hotel GM contacted me later and was mostly interested in the size of the roaches. She attempted to explain that they do have "Palmetto Bugs" ... which anyone in the south knows is just a nice name for AMERICAN COCKROACHES. The offer to comp us for a night compared to what we went through was comedic.

I basically didn't sleep and made sure to leave the property at 4:30am the next day. If you have the means, I highly suggest avoiding this place. They are unwilling to admit that they have a roach infestation. With this many roaches in my room...and my in-laws experiencing a similar situation...there's little doubt what's going on here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Los M

Terrell N.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Many thanks for General Manager, Marina and staff. Everyone made us feel at home during a difficult time. Following days without power at our house, we appreciated the room with a balcony and the complimentary breakfast. The property faces the ocean and features a pool. The staff was busy cleaning up following Irma but was able to maintain excellent hospitality. An ideal location for a vacation!

Room Tip: View of the ocean from balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
BestWesternCDS_GM, General Manager at Best Western Castillo Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind and warm words.
We appreciate your positive feedback and encouragement.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at Castillo del Sol soon again.
Best Regards,

Marina Korpar, GM

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

(A Great Clean and Comfortable Hotel) Front desk Terrell and Vinnie are the best.. Accommodated me with a great room even, when the ocean fronts were damage from the storm. I still had a great view from 7th floor side suite and gave me a great price.. Thanks.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
BestWesternCDS_GM, Front Office Manager at Best Western Castillo Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We value your feedback and are so happy we were able to accommodate your stay after Hurricane Irma. We are now functioning 100% and would be delighted to have you come and stay again.

Terrell

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Even though hotel is reasonably old, rooms facing ocean are highly recommended. Wonderful view, easy access to one of the best Florida Atlantic Ocean beaches, sparse but sufficient service by motivated staff.

Room Tip: Best ocean facing balcony rooms are at floors 5 and higher
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the view from your ocean front room. My staff and I appreciate the comments in regards to the service that was provided. We hope that you come and stay again.

Terrell