“Clean room, great breakfast”

Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
USA
“Clean room, great breakfast”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Clearwater Beach. The hotel was impressively clean and looked new. The staff was friendly and even asked if we had any requests for a specific room or floor. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious hot breakfast that included omelettes, sausage, cereal, hot oatmeal, waffle machines, french toast sticks, fresh fruit salad (the real stuff not the canned kind), danishes, muffins, cereals, etc. Beverages included several juices, coffees and impressive selection of teas. The person in charge of the breakfast room (Bill) was also very friendly. There was a fitness room and pool as well. The hotel is located right off I-95 next to a McDonald's ad Cracker Barrel. We paid $72/night with an ad from one of those highway hotel travel magazines.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
OrmondHamptonAGM, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you were so happy with our breakfast selection and Bill, our wonderful breakfast attendant. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Plantation, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our family traveled to Ormond Beach for a girls lacrosse tournament. We were a family of 4 in a room with 2 double beds. The hotel was comfortable and offered a good free breakfast. The staff was friendly. The location was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're so happy to hear that our hotel provided a comfortable and convenient stay for your family. Our "On the House" hot breakfast really is a great value. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and hope that should your travels bring you back to Ormond Beach, you will choose us again.
Concord, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

THE BEST overall stay all year long!!! I look forward to being here every year...we stay at this hotel 20-27 days a year and its hands down the best around!! It matter if your there for one night or two weeks you get the best EVERYDAY!! Hope this helps in making your decision on a place to stay because you WILL NOT be sorry you did!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind review. Our repeat guests become like family to us and we look forward to each and every visit. See you soon!
Henderson, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent hotel--very accommodating-staff is friendly and we had no issues with parking a trailer loaded with motorcycles! Conveniently located to I-95, restaurants, etc. This requires 200 characters and I have nothing else to say!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

OrmondHamptonAGM, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
It is always a pleasure to welcome our race fans. We are happy to do whatever it takes to make your stay comfortable and convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Arlington, Vermont
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for a week with my kids in June, 2014. Everything was great, would definitely stay there again. Especially love the clean beds, followed by great buffet breakfast and the pool. Employees throughout hotel were very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So glad to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay with us. You can't beat starting your day with our great hot breakfast! We look forward to providing your family more great customer service from our wonderful staff the next time you visit Ormond Beach.
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I arrived at 5:30 PM on a Thursday evening. I was traveling for business. Checking in was a breeze. The hotel lobby was completely empty as was most of the parking lot. The front desk manager at the time was Rose. In conversation, I discovered she had just started her shift. I initially was assigned room 405. After spending the day in the heat I needed a shower immediately so I unpacked my ditty bag and jumped in. The bathroom was clean enough however I discovered that the shower drained slowly so I was quickly standing in a puddle of water and the plastic bathroom tub in this particular room had a surface that was uneven. This would be particularly hazardous for someone not particularly stable on their feet. After getting dressed I glanced around the room and realized that the garbage can had not been emptied and still contained beer cans. I packed up my things and headed to the front desk.

Rose apologized and assigned me to room 409. This time I examined everything in the room. I noticed that the telephone was blinking red and that the faceplate was broken and there was a green light showing as well. Knowing that this would be unsuitable for sleep, I was going to call down to the front desk and when I reached for the receiver the cord became disconnected from the phone itself. I attempted to place it back in but it wasn’t seating correctly. So I headed back down to the lobby.

This time I was assigned room 103. It is situated not far from the front desk. Everything in this room appears to be on par except for the desk chair that I’m currently sitting in to write this review. It is broken and it leans back all the way with no adjustment in the middle. It’s also a bit too low for this particular desk which means that your mouse hand is actually above your shoulders. Fortunately for me I use Dragon software for dictating and don’t have to reach up there too much. As I was heading out to dinner, I let Rose know about the chair on the way out and she swapped it with another chair while I was out for dinner. The replacement chair was the same height, which is about 8 inches too low. On a side note, the air-conditioning unit is literally 2 feet away from this desk which at this point was perfect in order to cool me down a little bit.

On my dark a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being pitch black, this room is about a 9 ½ at night and after the sun has come up, the best you’re going to hope for is around a six. This is due to the light that comes in from underneath the curtains above the air-conditioning. Even with a garbage can in front of the curtains to keep them closed, light sears in from underneath. At night the only thing you really have to be concerned with is the alarm clock which can be easily covered with a towel. There is a nice nightlight built into the hairdryer in the bathroom which provides just enough light to be able to see in the middle of the night for using the restroom but not enough to disturb your sleep.

This particular room is equipped with two double beds. It has a low dresser with one drawer suitable for unpacking your suitcase and a three drawer dresser matching that has the HDTV on top. The picture quality on the TV is as good as analog can be on an HDTV, which in my opinion is not very good. I always find it amusing when hotels have HDTV’s, but not HDTV service. There are, however, plenty of channels for you to watch. Next to that is a wooden piece of furniture that contains a mini fridge and a mini microwave oven, on top of that is the ice bucket. Both the desk lamp and the bedside table contain outlets for charging devices. The bedside one even has USB ports, which is a nice touch. There’s also a standard chair with a floor lamp next to it for reading in the corner. All the fixtures had CFL bulbs in them, and provided adequate light. For some reason the main wall just seemed like it needed something on it, a picture, or a mural or something. I found myself staring at it on several occasions.

I took another shower in the morning in order to shave and I discovered that this shower floor was also relatively uneven. It must be the style of tub that they’ve installed. I’m not sure if they can really do anything about it, which is unfortunate.

In the morning I checked out the breakfast bar. It’s actually done up quite well, there’s a juice machine, which has orange juice and apple juice, etc. a couple of waffle machines, a toaster for bagels pastries, assorted fruit, including bananas, apples, pineapple and grapefruit. There is cereal, oatmeal, omelets, French toast sticks and sliced sausage. A little something for everyone and the things that are cooked are prepared quite well. I had the sausage and the French toast sticks, which were excellent. I also had a bit of the pineapple, which was incredibly sweet and tasty.

I took a peek at the pool and the fitness center. The pool was adequate enough for this sized hotel, especially given the proximity to the beach, which is only 5 miles away. The fitness center is small, but it does have a couple of nice pieces of equipment which seemed relatively new. There were a couple of women in their using them so I know they were working.

Overall, for the money this is a pretty decent hotel. For me the cost savings of it compared to staying on the beach was around $80. This makes it really a no-brainer. Location itself is an incredibly convenient since it’s right off the interstate and within close proximity of gas stations and restaurants, and as I mentioned earlier, the beach is only 5 miles away. With a few corrections for housekeeping and perhaps some new desk chairs or new desks that match the chairs this place would rate even higher in my book.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank weirdave
Thank you for your kind review and bringing your concerns to our attention. We are sorry for your inconveniences. Your comments have been shared with the entire team to help us improve. Glad to hear our breakfast started your day off well. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to our area.
port richey, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

this hotel is pet friendly, was surprised how clean it was for a pet room. no sign that any pets having stayed here. recommend to anyone with or without animals.my dog riley thanks you for his gift bag! we will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

OrmondHamptonAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We are so happy that we were able to welcome you and Riley to the Hampton Inn - Daytona/ Ormond Beach. Thank you for the review and we hope that you will be back for another stay in the near future.

Tony Mangifesta