“Probably would have been nice if they kept my reservation”

Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Probably would have been nice if they kept my reservation”
Reviewed 19 April 2005

Just a word of warning, I booked the hotel via the hotels website (HiltonHonors) and used my credit card. I was expecting a late arrival so I called them at 12:00 on the day of my arrival and said that I would be in after 6:00 (when the release the reservations) it would probably be more like 9:00PM they said no problem you'll have a room availible. So I get there at 9:30 and low and behold, no room they gave it away beacause it was after 6:00. The front desk staff said sorry and tried to send me to some hole in the wall nearby. I must say that generally Hampton Inn's are great.

Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
hamptonormond, GENERAL MANAGER at Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach, responded to this review, 5 September 2008
I must apologize for the inconvenience during your visit to Hampton Inn Ormond Beach. We take pride in delivering quality service to all our guests and are committed to ensure 100% satisfaction. We are sorry if you were treated otherwise and would like the opportunity to make it right. We would appreciate if you are ever visiting the area again do not hesitate to drop in.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 28 August 2004

In an attempt to avoid Hurricane Charley I called this hotel on Thursday, 08-12-04, and was quoted a price of 87.00 for a one night stay. They wanted us to book for two nights and indicated that we would only have to stay for one if we checked out the next morning. We then booked for 08-13-04 and 08-14-04 with the understanding that we could indeed check out on the morning of the 14th if we wanted. We, at this point, were assigned Room 201.
During the night of the 13th, and during the hurricane, someone syphoned gasoline from our car which was parked outside our room and left the gas cap off the tank and the flap open to the elements. Strike one for security! When we discovered the problem the next morning I notified their security people who showed little or no interest since it seemingly had happened to other people also during that night. Strike two for security.
When I attempted to check out I was advised that because of the lack of power, due to the hurricane, I would have to simply leave and that the management of this facility would mail my receipt to me for the single night stay. It is now the 28th, 15 days after the fact and I have not received the promised receipt and my credit card statement shows that this facility charged me $100.13 for the room that they had originally quoted as $87.00.
Strike three for honestly dealing with senior citizens in an emergency situation.
Would we use this facility again?
Not in this lifetime!
Would we recommend our friends use this facility?
Never without the express caveat of "Buyer beware!"

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2004

My family stayed there over Christmas vacation and was very impressed with the hotel and the service received. Would recommend it to anyone and are planning on staying there again this Christmas vacation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2003

My fiancee and I had stayed here one night on our way to Miami FL. We stopped by to see my mother, sister and niece. When you first pull up there is a cute little lake filled with ducks to your right. Ducks are everywhere, just walking around. The hotel offered a continental breakfast, but we were running short on time and had to leave.

Staff: They were very friendly to us and tried to help us any way they could. Even helped us get directions to my sister's house.

Room: Our room was ordinary, nothing overly lavish, but comfy none the less. We had a nice view of the parking lot, which always had cranes, or ducks walking across to get to the lake. (I really enjoyed this.) I would definetly stay there again, and plan to, next time I go down for a visit.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member