“Disgusting and rude”

Scottish Inns & Suites
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
“Disgusting and rude”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Was my first time visiting florida and I booked through I booking sight. I was told one price when I booked and when I arrived at the hotel I was told a higher price. Right off the bet the so called person running the hotel was rude as can be. And doesn't know how to talk to their customers. Once we walked in the room it was nothing like the pictures I seen. The beds was close together you Bearly had any room to walk. The pillows was hard. And instead of drying the sheets in a dryer to kill germs they hang them on the line outside. If you asked for towels they talked to you like you was going to steal them. You couldn't ask anything with getting an attitude. Not to mention I paid for a room by they tell I couldn't have any visitors. Also I happen to get sick and was told that's no excuse to get sick in their room and I should've went outside. ALSO I WAS SITTING IN A CHAIR AND ROACHES WAS ALL IN THE HOTEL. the bathtub is so small you have to turn sideways to shower. A hotel like this needs to be shut down. Do yourself a favor an stay away from this nasty place. Learns to clean your hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank dale b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Worst place ever !!! I want my $$ back !!!!!!

They had a sign says the rate is 35.99 but when I tried to get a room was informed it is 45.99 and the 35.99 is only for weekly stay.
After the guy handed me my key he said that if I don't like the room he can give me another room, I thought hmm nice.

First room 140 omg it had a strong cat piss smell it's unbearable !!! The smell even stay on me when I left the room.

Second room 247 it has a strong smoke smell and the tub has a dent and the towels looks dirty and old and the sheets has holes in it.

Third room 142 ewwww it smells like urine!

I settled for the second room, the restroom had ants and fleas and I don't even know what kind of bugs because I had severe bug bites on my legs!!! I didn't even bother to use their towels.

I paid $57 for the big infested dirty room!!!!

Stay away people !!! drive couple miles down by the beachside!!!! The motels/hotels there are decent for the same price!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cuteppsc .

Travellers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Caught well and truly not being able to find any motel with beds available we had to take this one. Well after 8 hours on the road we should have just kept going. This place is a disgrace to motels and the health department (or whatever the authority is) should be looking into this place.

Lets start with the bed - I counted no less than 7 holes in the threadbare sheets. Some of which had been purposely cut out holes - my assumption is that there was a cigarette burn that had to be removed? But I am only guessing. The sheets had no substance left to them at all they were worn through so that made the PLASTIC cover on the mattress just unbearable. Now in retrospect those plastic covers may have saved us from something worse but they are awful to sleep on. I ended up putting the two sheets under me and slept uncovered. The bedding was utterly atrocious.

Now the wardrobe - not normally something you would complain about except it was off its rail and just leant against the opening so it was a hazard for bare toes in the middle of the night. Just unsafe!

The handbasin had a serious problem with drainage. 5 Mins would see no decrease in the water level, it was dirty and unusable. I didn't shower in the morning as the shower curtain was.....well, dirty. But that doesn't come close to describing the actual state of it. Something had been sprayed up the curtain at sometime in the past and had never been cleaned off. It had gone mouldy!!!! The carpet had a distinct urine odour to it - didn't even want to think about that one!

The facecloth was just a joke - with brown stains on it. It was a huge mistake and I know we should have moved on and asked for our money back but after half a dozen hotels with no rooms - it was a bed at least. My simple suggestion is - don't. Don't stop. Don't stay here. Don't bother.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Willowray
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was denied a room because I have a service dog. I offered to leave the dog in my rv overnight, and they refused still, even after asking for proof of my disability. I thought about contacting the ADA, as well as my attorney, but that hassle is too much. The front desk staff was extremely rude. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Angellicar10
Covington
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Spent the night here while travelling. the rooms stuck of urine and the noise was terrible. I think that people live here full time. Could hear the noise from the interstate and loud motorcycles.. The hotel needs a makeover

Room Tip: check other hotels in the area first
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidinVa
Alhambra, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I was vacationing with my grandchildren at the Oceanfront across the street (which was very NICE). We had car trouble and our hotel was booked. We had to stay at this awful place for one night. I don't know about the cheap rates because we paid $52 per room. The rooms were disgusting! Live and dead bugs every where. The screens had white paint all over. No coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, hangers for clothes. I could go on and on. When we checked in, the woman was on
a personal call and irritated that we were bothering her.
We didn't ask for a wake-up but we certainly got one at 7:30 in the morning when the same woman woke us up power washing our windows! When asked to stop, she said our children threw sand at the windows. None of us had been outside! NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank upallnite135
Montreal
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Clean. I would stay for a week but for a stopover it was good enough. The hotel next door had a issue and the police were there .Very nice lady at the front desk helped us with a bad TV remote. Really close to US 1, A1A and I95 for travellers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple