“Mel was great, but the food was not so great..”

Riptides Raw Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Daytona Beach
“Mel was great, but the food was not so great..”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My trip to Riptides was a mixed experience. Our server Mel was great, she was very helpful. I ordered a "hang ten burger" and asked for medium rare. By boyfriend got the "surfers dream". His food came out perfect, mine on the other hand not so much. The bun was stale, and the burger was barely browned on the outside, and completely raw and cold on the inside. I hated to complain, but we informed Mel and she happily took it back and got another order in. The second burger that came out was charred black, crunchy, and well done and the bun, still stale. After that we just packed it up, and didn't mention it so we weren't anymore trouble to the server. I understand that none of this was fault of the server, and the manager was professional and even offered us a complimentary dessert. I'd like to mention again that Mel was very good to us and a great server.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fresh Seafood at it's best!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I shopped in while on a mini vacation to Daytona, accidently stumbled into one of the best beach bars. Love the fresh, cool vibe.
Live Music
Outside Patio
Fresh Oysters
Crab Leg Special - A MUST!

• Visited July 2014
Casselberry, Florida
“Best Beach Bar and Grill”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

What more Could You Ask for! Excellent Sevice - Great Friendly Bartenders!
The Key Lime Shrimp and the Avacado Spring Rolls are my Favorite! Short walk up from the Beach - We stayed til 2am - listening to the live band! We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Unique experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were vacationing in Ormond Beach and decided to go into Rip Tides. The decor was refreshing and our waitress, Beverly was beyond accommodating. My favorite food there was the key lime pasta. The shrimp was plentiful and the taste overall was perfect. My husband got the grouper and he thought it was the best he'd ever had. We will definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014
Orlando
“Perfect Vacation Lunch or Dinner Spot !!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Every time I go to the beach here I have to stop by and have lunch or dinner at Riptides. The last time I visited I got the Shrimp and Avocado Spring Rolls which are as delicious as they sound. My friend got the Lobster Bites which were absolutely fresh. For our meals she got the Prime Rib which was so juicy and amazingly seasoned. I got the Key West Shrimp pasta which is a total regular for me. Not only do they hook it up with the massive amount of shrimp but they really are jumbo shrimp! Overall great experience, seating inside or outside. The staff is completely professional and polite. I will continue going back, there's no other place like Riptides all throughout Ormond Beach.

• Visited August 2014