“They look nice, but lack in flavors”
Review of Cupcakes By The Sea - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cupcakes By The Sea
Navarre, Florida
“They look nice, but lack in flavors”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am planning a wedding and we did a tryout of this local cupcake shop. Few things here. First customer service, we walked in and was greeted but the lady behind the counter acted like we where bothering her, no smile, no happy energy for a cupcake shop. Second, the cupcakes are not worth the price. They are ok cupcakes, but I can get better at Publix or bake my own and for the price of one of their cupcakes I can buy 6 at Publix. The icing was too sweet on every flavor we tried, and the cake part was very dry and had no flavor of what it was said to be. Last, they had no packages or specials for weddings, again the lady did not even act excited that I may want to order over 100 cupcakes from their store and show them off at a wedding, which could lead to more future business.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Beachwalker29

“Tasty cupcakes”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This spot in in a little strip mall near the Intracoastal Bridge on 40 in Ormond Beach. This was my second visit. The cupcakes are tasty, but were inconsistent. The carrot cake cupcake was moist and flavorful. The chocolate ganache cupcake was rich but not as moist as it should have been. Same for the Almond Joy cupcake, although I liked the coconut filling. The coconut cupcake was moist and tasty.

The storefront is very small, and you park in the back. There was one thing that bothered me- they have a case that has several small cakes and specialized cupcakes for parties, etc. Those particular items looked very old and some looked as if they had been either melted or smushed. Not very appetizing! The owners should consider updating that case.

Visited July 2013
Illinois
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The best cupcake I have ever eaten!! I had the red velvet and the coconut. I am going back tomorrow before I go home from my vacation!!

• Visited July 2013
New London, Wisconsin
“Adorable”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Adorable little cupcake shop in Ormond Beach! My favorite are the bite size cupcakes of many varieties in one container....red velvet, tiramisu, coconut, carrot cake, chocolate and more. I am soooo glad that I found this place!

1 Thank cherie t
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Small shop but Big Cupcake!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Cupcakes by the Sea is a very small family bakery, but large in taste! I only went into the bakery because my grand-daughter asked me to take her there. Inside the shop was very small, hardly enough room for two or more customers. The door chimed as we walked in and a very pleasant woman in a chef hat and coat appeared from around the corner. I had visions of 'sugar and spice and every thing nice' flash before my mind...
There were very few cupcakes on display, but the lady explained the flavor of each in detail, and explained she only baked a few of each flavor each day. When those were sold out she closed the bakery until the next morning when she baked more cupcakes, fresh for the day.
We chose two cupcakes, Red Velvet and Green Apple.
Driving home my grand-daughter couldn't wait so she opened the box and took a big bite of the Green Apple cupcake. To her delight there were cooked apples inside the cupcake.
I ate the Red Velvet and it was so delicious I was sorry to take the last bite. I totally recommend Cupcakes by the Sea!

• Visited October 2012