“Fun, friendly place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were at Beaver Bar this past Sunday for a fundraiser for a local musician. Had a couple nice, cold beers and listened to Stick Shift Cadillac play some good bluesy rock. Saw the cute waitresses hurrying by with some good looking, good smelling bar food. We had to rush off on the motorcycle when the dark clouds came rolling in - so we will try some food next time. There are lots of rocking chairs set up all around the wrap around porch and in back on the grass. Very laid back. Lots of bikers and others - all types and ages. Apparently they have a jam session on Sunday afternoons so we will be back. Anthony WIld - of Anthony WIld and the Suspects started a nonprofit group - Kids Rock the Nation and gives guitars to kids. He gave one to this young boy in a wheelchair this past Sunday and the kid was thrilled! Nice thing to do.

2  Thank Lindalee03

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I came here because I had been to the Beaver Bar in Myrtle Beach many time, which is owned by the same people I believe. I knew the food would be good.
Its not very big like the one in Myrtle beach. Its a good value .

3  Thank TravelSwiss2009
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We knew exactly what to expect, and we got just what this place has to offer. I found it to be a typical seasonal bar, with a short order menu that permeates this areas speciality bars, and their comfort food. The usual biker related wall coverings, with drinking areas, inside and out. The prices are rock bottom. The people are interesting and their friendliness makes your stay content to have a drink and savor the typical bar food servings. I find some satisfaction in knowing how much " biker " bars satisfy a place to enjoy the day and the people. The conversation is germane to the local issues, politics and national concerns. A lot more intelligent than a number of place I have been lately. This is a bit of Americana that has been around a long time. I hope it stays that way.

5  Thank James C
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Good food for a bar, so we were pleasantly surprised. Love the set up and the live music.. We started going a few nights a week since our first visit. Open late and that's a big deal since I work late!

2  Thank Dianna W
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a friendly place with good food this is it. The staff is friendly and theres plenty of space to sit and enjoy. Inside or out a good place to hang and eat

2  Thank burnie13