“Enjoyment”

Alfies Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Description: Alfies is located 3.5 miles North of SR 40 and is directly across from the Ocean. Great views.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Always enjoy visiting Alfie's, for a nice view of the ocean and the pleasntness of the staff and of course the food.

There are newer reviews for Alfies Restaurant

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were really looking to our meal after reading the great reviews. Sorry to say some of our meals were very disappointing. Chicken masala was tasteless with the chicken covered in something resembling wallpaper paste and the mash was instant with lumps if powder still evident. Crab cakes were dry, starter plates dirty but replaced on request. Kids did enjoy their burgers but we won't be going back. Sorry!

2  Thank Kathie B
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a great place to have breakfast. There was a bit of a line when we got there late on a Sunday morning, but it moved briskly and we got seated within 15 minutes. There was a large party that got seated just before we arrived, so if things had been slow or off, I would have understood. But I didn’t perceive that the large party delayed things much.

Figuring out what to have was about the most difficult thing at this place. So many good looking Benedicts!! Sadly I had lunch plans and had to eat light - but the Salmon Benedict looks awesome. I’ll have to come back for that.

Not so sadly, they have a nice variety of omelettes. Interestingly the omelette I had is not on their online menu, which is different than their printed one. Anyway, I had an omelette with bacon, avocado, and Monterey Jack cheese which was excellent. The hash browns are simply grated potatoes with little seasoning or taste. Just filler for the stomach that could be excellent with a little care. But the omelette was enough. I tried my wife’s breakfast and found their sausage gravy to be a cut above most diners’.

Service was okay, not great. Food came out reasonably quickly, but our server never smiled and brought out hash browns for one of our party instead of the requested home fries. All the servers were working hard and fast, but with no joy or smiles. The condition of the restaurant was excellent.

This place is right on the cusp of being top notch. I understand it’s been there 25 years, and I hope they’re there another 25.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, wonderful deep fried ice cream and seafood!!! Spent time with family at Alfies and we all left completely satisfied!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This isn't the first time we went to Alfie's, were really disappointed in the service and portion that my husband got. Will be awhile till we go back again. Need to have the waiters be informed about there offering rolls.