“Ate myself silly”

Charlie Horse Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ate myself silly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The staff, the atmosphere, and oh my gosh - the crab legs! Probably one of the best meals that I had while we were in Ormond Beach.

Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Gentleman Jack”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

If this is #10, there must only be 10 restaurants rated. This was nothing special. The food was average at best. Some of it wasn't even that good.

New Haven, Connecticut
“All you can Eat Crab Legs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This resturaunt is right on the Ormond Beach with all you can eat Crab Legs! Not a fancy restaurant but atmosphere is good and place is clean. Also Key Lime Pie is delicious!

• Visited August 2014
Deltona, Florida
“GOING BACK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

A friend heard me talking about wanting crab legs and suggested Charlie Horse Restaurant in Ormond Beach. Normally we avoid eateries over on the beach because very few are decent and cater to unsuspecting out of state tourists.
But, not this one! Wow, was it ever good. We went last month and walked in at 5pm on a Saturday and waited about 10 minutes before we got seated.
Our server Lauren was pretty as a peach and sweet as cinnimon and made us feel quite welcome. She gave us a quick lesson on how to crack the crabs open andget to the delicious meat.
Fortunately I did not order the "all you can eat" selection becuase one cluster of those HUGE crabs along with soup, fries, bread and hush puppies quickly filled me up.
Get there before 6pm on weekends otherwise you will be in for a long wait.
Good bargain for the Daytona/Ormond area. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
Middleburg, Florida
“Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent food and service! My husband had the Captains catch Ruben which was a fish filet fried with Cajun breading, melted cheese, coleslaw on grilled rye. I had the ribs which were great even though they don't specialize in ribs. They had a pretty decent wine selection and my husbands margarita was very good.

Visited August 2014