“Great for the price”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Sunbury, Ohio
“Great for the price”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my second time staying here. The first time was 6 years ago and then we just came back on 7/18. I love this place for the price. Most of the staff was very friendly, but my biggest complaint is housekeeping! We were there from 7/11-7/18 room 707 and my room was only cleaned once! I put the do not disturb sign on my door once, but other than that I expected service. I saw the cleaning lady one day and told her our room really needed swept and mopped. She came in gave me some towels and I guess because we were in there she said she'd have to sweep the next day, which never happened. I had to hunt someone down on a daily basis to get towels! One day it was after 12 pm, and I had no towels, so I saw the cart unattended in the hall and grabbed some towels, so that I would shower. The cleaning lady came out and yelled at me for taking towels off the cart. The cable TV was also an issue, very limited channels and the "free wi-fi" was a joke! The wi-fi never worked!! I didn't come on vacation to watch TV or use the internet, but for some this may be important. Overall for the price of $68.00 a night I can't complain too much!! The other thing I would like to mention is the gate to the beach closes at 10 pm, so therefore you must make quite a trek to go to the beach at night! That was a bummer!!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor oceanfront. Top floor is the 7th floor. Great view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AtlanticCove O, General Manager at Atlantic Cove, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an review and all of its compliments and suggestions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am currently staying in the hotel now 7/20. I typically never leave reviews however I feel I should with my current experience.

This hotel is not worth the money. Pay the extra $10 and upgrade to a nicer hotel.

There pool us the size of a house pool, no real amenities, hotel smell like rotten fish. They state the rooms are newly renovated but they are still using 1980 tube tvs? The rooms are not clean. I upgraded to an ocean view but it was more as a ocean corner with parking lot view.

I would recommend staying in another hotel. If you need a cheap and nasty hotel then please book at Atlantic Cove.

• Stayed July 2014
AtlanticCove O, General Manager at Atlantic Cove, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting this review .I do apologise for any inconvenience and hoping you will give us a call so we can address your issues and do what we can from our end.I am available at 386.677.4712 Mon- Fri 9 am to 5 pm.
INVERNESS
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Room was just average. Hotel was worn, wet and had many things that did not 'work'.... (doors to indoor pool area, snack machines, lobby facilities). And the price was NOT cheap; at $110+ per nite, I think you can find a better value for the money. Plus safety and security was a HUGE issue for us since we had small children. The afternoon we were there, there was an 'incident' at the pool and the police were called and there were police on the pool deck, back parking lot and front lobby. People were wandering all around the back parking lot, back & forth from the pool to parking lot......drinking & grilling in the parking lot grass. Grown adults were allowed to be drinking and wandering back and forth eating and drinking; while it clearly states eat and drink are NOT allowed on the pool deck. Not something I want my children or grandchildren to be exposed and therefor we were not able to use the pool for a several hour period of time. The next day at check out, I voiced my concern to the female desk clerk and all she said there were some people there that should not have been. Clearly not correct!!! Got out and prob won't go back again. OH, and all this happened the weekend someone got SHOT in Clearwater at a hotel. So, safety is a huge issue and should not be taken lightly.

Room Tip: keep looking............
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AtlanticCove O, General Manager at Atlantic Cove, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an review and all of its comments.
We do apologies for any inconvenience you might have had, we have signs posted everywhere on the pool deck which you mentioned were there and as sad as it is some people just disregard it and continue breaking rules.Although we cannot stay at the pool deck and stop everyone we do try and mandate the rules when we see for ourselves or hear from another guest.To call the ormond police for the people that were tresspassing by the pool was the security measure we took to keep all of our guest s safe. we do appreciate your business and would want you to come back.
Weirsdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed last week for a few days. I got a gd rate online with the hotel website. We stayed on the 6th floor in an oceanfront room the view was amazing!!!! I do have a few things I wasn't happy about.....it says no where on the website they are a nonsmoking hotel nor does it say anything about a $25 deposit which is refunded if you don't destroy anything! ( It's the fact that I didn't know till the day I checked in!!!!!) The WIFI was awful (b4 anyone says anything I know vacation isn't about electronics but when you need 2 order take out & there aren't any menus in the lobby....it took me over an hr to get a gd enough signal to order). Stay during the week there seems to be less people, by Saturday the hotel was full & there was no way we could've gotten in the pool. Word to management get rid of the indoor pool it's way to cold & smells funny! You need 2 outside pools! Yes they lock the gates to the pool & ocean @ 10pm, we hated that but we just did things earlier. The TV was terrible we had about 20 channels half of which where very fuzzy!!! Now what we liked the beds were GREAT, the rooms (we had 2) where very clean, staff was friendly, check in & out was fast & easy. When we did get to use the outside pool it was clean. The ice machines worked just fine & both soda machines where full. The food vending machine was a little empty by Saturday. The washing machines & dryers where nice except they should have another set of 4 on another floor, we had to wait to use it. The hotel was close enough to the pier but far enough away from the hustle & bustle. We were able to see the fireworks they shot off on the pier from or balcony. The beach was nice just get down there early or you wont get a gd spot. This is a great spot for seashells my kids got a bucket full (whole shells not just pieces), or just kick back in your chair & enjoy the sun. Besides the beach patrol & food venders we only seen a handful of cars drive by. All & all we had a good time & will stay again except; next time we will get the penthouse & not 2 rooms plus make sure we check in on a Sunday & out on a Saturday.

Room Tip: Stay during the week it's full on the weekend. Always ask for an Oceanfront room, the higher up...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara W
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an outstanding review and all of its compliments. We Thank you for your business and looking forward to having you again in Future.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Room was average nothing great, pools were ok size and not all that clean, staff was good, if your looking for an average place but a decent location this is it. Beach isn't over crowded in this area which is nice, there are beach patrol and lifeguards very close

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chad E
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an your review and all of its compliments, compliments and suggestions.
Hudson fl
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Overall it wasn't so bad. Like everywhere you go, there were ups and downs. We got a last minute room. The bathroom was very nice, as well as the beds. Both of the beds were very very comfortable, and the air worked very well. On the other hand, the fridge in the room was really loud, and at times annoying, and when we arrived at the room, the stove had dirty tin foil in it. The television was staticky, and only had a few poor channels. The pool and beach access closes at 10pm which is horrible, and both of the ice machines were broken, as well as 2 of the vending machines, and the candy in the other vending machine was hot and melted. Also, the front desk people were sort of unfriendly, maybe unapproachable is a better word, they just didn't do a good job of making you feel welcome. So, if you're looking for a LAST RESORT, place to stay, here is good, but I definintly wouldn't recommend it if I had any other choices.

• Stayed June 2014
CoveGM, General Manager at Atlantic Cove, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an the review and all of its comments and suggestions.We do apologise for any inconvenience during your stay and will be working with housekeeping closely about the cleaning procedures and front desk staff being more courteous and welcoming.Thank you for biringing the Ice machines to our attention,we would like to mention that both of our ice machine were just serviced and work great now.
We appreciate your business and are focusing on exceeding our guest's expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Newly renovated rooms are no frills but great for a beach weekend. Afterall, you don't spend much time in the room when you have the beach and NASCAR racing to attend. The staff was very helpful. Parking lot is large enough for big trucks/SUVs and the resort is quiet. We didn't use the pool - it looks in a little need of TLC. But everything else was great for the price.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to have a full view of the ocean, make sure you book that type of room. But we had a par...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DLoVR
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an outstanding review and all of its comments and compliments.
We are working on getting our pool edges and some areas resurfaced and some cosmetic updates aswell.Thabks you again for your business.
We are focusing on exceeding our guest's expectations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormond Beach
Royal Floridian Resort
Royal Floridian Resort
#10 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Been to Atlantic Cove? Share your experiences!