“Hotel is good for the price”
Review of Atlantic Cove

Atlantic Cove
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Orange Park
“Hotel is good for the price”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I searched and searched for a hotel on the beach. For a one night stay, most hotels were either over priced or required a two night minimum. I found this hotel and decided to book it after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were mixed so I was a little concerned. But was very surprised when we got to our room. The hotel isn't anything fancy but it's clean and perfect for my family. We had such a great time at the beach that we went back the following weekend. My family enjoyed our time there. Only two small issues, the hotel needs to do a little more cleaning around the pool in the evenings before the next day. And, the television stations do not come in well at all. On the positive side, the people that work there are very kind. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
AtlanticCove O, General Manager at Atlantic Cove, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting a review and all of its compliments, comments and suggestions.
We are excited to let you know that we are slowly but changing out all of the TV's to flat screen.
Thank you once again for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Linton, Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for a week had an amazing time. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The motel is close to food and entertainment places!! When a leak I our ceiling occurred we was quickly moved to a different room.. The view of the ocean was by far the most fabulous thing to witness while the sun is rising right from your room... Can't wait to stay again :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rebecca T
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an outstanding review and all of its compliments
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel room was good, needed a little upgrade, which they are in process of doing. One of the best beds I ever slept in, very comfortable, clean and lots of pillows. Pool was good, view was unbelievable, right on the ocean, beach was clean and lovely. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting a review and all of its compliments and comments.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

July 25th- 28th were the dates of my stay. This trip was a "perk" for purchasing my car a few months ago so I scheduled it because I thought "well this can't be too bad" and "Honda probably wouldn't associate their name with anything less than average" - well I was wrong.

Cutting out all the extra details, Atlantic Cove was the "free" stay that came along with the trip (I had to pay taxes by the way). Riding up the coast and viewing all of the condos and beach property was beautiful and I was a little disappointed when we pulled up to Atlantic Cove. It was literally a motel. The appearance, the atmosphere, the rooms, the smell etc.

For about five minutes we were looking for our room (at 11:30pm) until we realized that our room didn't have a room number. The room was oddly organized. The bed and television were there as soon as we walked in, then a short hall led to the bathroom and another bedroom/ kitchen. I told my fiancé immediately "the kitchen means roaches". He began the check the oven, and cabinets (which are equipped with eating utensils and bowls) and TWO ROACHES scurried out. Then I checked the restroom and there were ROACHES in the tub, around the tub, in the corner beneath the sink and a filthy hand towel. This was a deal breaker for me, but it was so late at night and I was at the airport in Atlanta all day waiting to board on standby that I decided to lock myself in the first room and deal with it in the morning.

Meanwhile, we slept with our shirts over our pillowcases and prayed that roaches or other bugs didn't crawl in our ears overnight. The following morning, we looked around and didn't see anything, so we decided to go out for breakfast and hit the beach. When we returned a few hours later, we were greeted by a ROACH sitting on the headboard. After my fiancé killed it, I looked on this website to see if I missed any reviews about this and to my surprise all of the reviews had been about how exceptional this place was. The only review about a bug was about a spider! I packed up all my bags and went to the front office to request a room change.

I asked for a manger, he/she wasn't there, but a very nice young lady by the name of Erica wrote down the issues I had, assured me that she would report this, and let me check another room before agreeing to move. Needless to say, that room was a lot more updated, no roaches, or spiders, and I was able to get a better night's sleep.

Overall, the hotel/motel was filthy, the elevators were smelly and dirty, from water, I believe. Downstairs reeked with the smell of garbage, and there needs to be some SERIOUS pest control. I'm not nieve to "free" trip offers, but this was way below my expectations (and they weren't very high to begin with). Also, I was still charged taxes for the two beds in the first room...whatever, I knew I wouldn't return anyway so I didn't make a big deal about it.

Hopefully, this will help others that are little misled. Your vacation memories shouldn't be about killing roaches, especially if it's your first time at that hotel and that city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Semonné A
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach.We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting a review and all of its suggestions and comments.
We do apologize that you did not have a good experience at our location. We have called Massey (Our Pest Control Services ) and shared your review. We also had their supervisor come in and have a plan in place to aggressively handle the issue as a prevention in all rooms. I wish they were extinct along with palmetto bugs specially here in Florida and its weather..may be some day.
Once again we truly apologize for your experience and hoping you will give us another chance to serve you.

Travellers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2014

What a Gem!!!! We decided on the spur of the moment to spend the night at the beach. Did some research and low and behold this place pops up. It wasn't even listed at the top of the list. All the rooms have been renovated within the last few months. Smelled and looked clean. Day and evening staff was very polite and friendly. Both pools were clean. Even the hallways were mopped. First hand account was excellent. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank Lisa Ann N Crai... D
New Caney, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here April 2014. Hotel was clean, staff friendly, good value, good breakfast, great access to the beach. Only complaint was hotel allowed people to place towels on chairs to "reserve" their table at the small pool. First time I saw this was in Mexico - tourists would be out before daylight to place towels in their chairs to save their place for the day so when they finally decided to get to the pool their place was "reserved" for them. So, if the hotel customer wants to only go have a morning cup of coffee by the pool or just take a quick swim, forget it. The pool is trashed with towels laying everywhere and no place to sit at the empty pool. Management needs to step up and correct this, as it makes the property appear unappealing and makes customers feel there is lack of management.

Room Tip: Room was nice, excellent beachfront view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TANUA123
Sunbury, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my second time staying here. The first time was 6 years ago and then we just came back on 7/18. I love this place for the price. Most of the staff was very friendly, but my biggest complaint is housekeeping! We were there from 7/11-7/18 room 707 and my room was only cleaned once! I put the do not disturb sign on my door once, but other than that I expected service. I saw the cleaning lady one day and told her our room really needed swept and mopped. She came in gave me some towels and I guess because we were in there she said she'd have to sweep the next day, which never happened. I had to hunt someone down on a daily basis to get towels! One day it was after 12 pm, and I had no towels, so I saw the cart unattended in the hall and grabbed some towels, so that I would shower. The cleaning lady came out and yelled at me for taking towels off the cart. The cable TV was also an issue, very limited channels and the "free wi-fi" was a joke! The wi-fi never worked!! I didn't come on vacation to watch TV or use the internet, but for some this may be important. Overall for the price of $68.00 a night I can't complain too much!! The other thing I would like to mention is the gate to the beach closes at 10 pm, so therefore you must make quite a trek to go to the beach at night! That was a bummer!!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor oceanfront. Top floor is the 7th floor. Great view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Ormond Beach .It is truly a delight to read your review .We thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule for posting an review and all of its compliments and suggestions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormond Beach
Royal Floridian Resort
Royal Floridian Resort
#10 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#23 of 103 in Daytona Beach

Been to Atlantic Cove? Share your experiences!